Making The Centered Warn Zeon Winch Fit Your Standard Winch Plate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Making The Centered Warn Zeon Winch Fit Your Standard Winch Plate

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 12-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Making The Centered Warn Zeon Winch Fit Your Standard Winch Plate

Ok bought the winch awhile back when I ordered the bumper,then started reading about fitment issues. It was finally finished and shipped to me. Landed yesterday. If you look at the first pic the Zeon is a centered winch unlike most. I love it because it mathes the center of the grille perfectly!! Its staying!!
OK! Lets cut and drill the new bumper. Just a reminder im doing this in my home garage with really not much of a mechanical background other than what I taught myself. You Can Do This!

First pic, you can really see its a true centered winch!

Next mark what you want to cut and drill!

Make template of original cut the has to move to the left:

Transfer your marks and start cutting and drilling !!

You end up with this:

Use your template to mark your fairlead holes:

Now I needed to cover the original fairlead hole so im going to center a piece of flat stock, 3" wide, from lowes. I transfered all my marks to this and tomorrow I drill and cut this piece.

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

That is a big damn winch.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
That is a big damn winch.
I know! Only 8000lb. You don't realise till you drop it in the plate!
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

hmm what about the RC hybrid bumper you used to have? Do you think you'd need any mods done to that winch plate/bumper?
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
hmm what about the RC hybrid bumper you used to have? Do you think you'd need any mods done to that winch plate/bumper?
Happy New Year Vin!! And yes, im sure mods would be needed! Not only is this winch 2" wider than most, it also has a centered drum with 7" on each side compared to standard winches which motor side is longer. Offsetting the drum and the bolt heads! Heres a bad pic but you can see the difference!
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I cut the front plate! now getting powder coated. Cut the bumper outer skin and started fitting everything! Heres a couple of pics so far!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.