Making The Centered Warn Zeon Winch Fit Your Standard Winch Plate - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Making The Centered Warn Zeon Winch Fit Your Standard Winch Plate

Rampage Bowless Soft Top Oconee offroadAlloy USA Still AvailableAdvance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 12-29-2012, 06:17 PM   #1
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Making The Centered Warn Zeon Winch Fit Your Standard Winch Plate

Ok bought the winch awhile back when I ordered the bumper,then started reading about fitment issues. It was finally finished and shipped to me. Landed yesterday. If you look at the first pic the Zeon is a centered winch unlike most. I love it because it mathes the center of the grille perfectly!! Its staying!!
OK! Lets cut and drill the new bumper. Just a reminder im doing this in my home garage with really not much of a mechanical background other than what I taught myself. You Can Do This!

First pic, you can really see its a true centered winch!

Next mark what you want to cut and drill!

Make template of original cut the has to move to the left:

Transfer your marks and start cutting and drilling !!

You end up with this:

Use your template to mark your fairlead holes:

Now I needed to cover the original fairlead hole so im going to center a piece of flat stock, 3" wide, from lowes. I transfered all my marks to this and tomorrow I drill and cut this piece.

dvdsjk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-29-2012, 09:52 PM   #2
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

That is a big damn winch.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubAtomicGenius View Post
That is a big damn winch.
I know! Only 8000lb. You don't realise till you drop it in the plate!
Unread 12-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #4
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

hmm what about the RC hybrid bumper you used to have? Do you think you'd need any mods done to that winch plate/bumper?
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-30-2012, 05:22 PM   #5
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vin View Post
hmm what about the RC hybrid bumper you used to have? Do you think you'd need any mods done to that winch plate/bumper?
Happy New Year Vin!! And yes, im sure mods would be needed! Not only is this winch 2" wider than most, it also has a centered drum with 7" on each side compared to standard winches which motor side is longer. Offsetting the drum and the bolt heads! Heres a bad pic but you can see the difference!
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #6
dvdsjk
Web Wheeler

2012 JK Wrangler 

I cut the front plate! now getting powder coated. Cut the bumper outer skin and started fitting everything! Heres a couple of pics so far!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.