Major issues with 2008 Wrangler Sahara? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Major issues with 2008 Wrangler Sahara?

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-30-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
gregyoon

Major issues with 2008 Wrangler Sahara?

Hello,

Anyone aware of any major issues with 2008 Wrnagler sahara??

Perhaps any good things??

Thanks for everyone's input

Greg

gregyoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #2
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

The only problem I have is my commute. I wish it were longer, over more uneven terrain & involves frequent engagement of 4x4.

Other than that.... ummm... nothing too major. Go buy it. Then post pictures for us!
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 12:56 PM   #3
tricked919
2007 JK Wrangler 

take care of it and it will return the favor.

40,000 miles on mine and ZERO problems that weren't caused by something I did.

ohhh, its an auto too. Sticks haven't been so friendly.

Last edited by tricked919; 03-30-2009 at 01:12 PM..
tricked919 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #4
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

Regular plain jane X 4 door. couple of minor things. Squeaky clutch(fixed) clutch slave cylinder(fixed). Leaky top(learned how to put on right. How much fun I have with my Jeep -priceless. Go buy it with the full understanding that you have one of the most flexible vehicles on the road-most off road capable, convertible, still practical for everyday use, doors come off, top comes off, windshield comes down, water resistant interior. It is not a suburban or an explorer, it is not a bmw, it does not ride like a car or an suv, it is slower than you are used to, won't turn as fast, gets weak gas mileage but I love it
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #5
firefly

10k plus miles on my 2008 unlimited Sahara and so far so good.
65 Vette ragtop
2008 JK Sahara Unlimited
firefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 01:54 PM   #6
NYCJohn
2009 JK Wrangler 

Heard the hard top leaks. But I love my 2009 Sahara. Never owned a Jeep before and honestly was a little skeptical about buying one. My wife wanted the 4-door and thought, with my experience with worked Mustangs from engines to suspensions (I have one with full Griggs tubular susp.) know these trucks ride like, uh, trucks. So I didn't want to hear my wife not liking it a week after we bought it because it rides like my Stang. But, to my surprise, this thing is AWESOME! We can't wait to take the top off it and go to the beach. Only drove it "off road" once in 15" of snow and it was fun watching those Benz SUV's have a hard time getting out of their own way. Had one guy watch me literally drive OVER a 3 foot pile of snow plowed up in what was an entrance to the train station when I went to pick up the wife. I pulled over and he walked over to me and asked if I had a shovel so he can dig his Subaru Forrester out from the pile the plow pushed up against his car. hahahaha.... I told him "No, don't need one..." He said, "Yeah can see that..."

Get it!
NYCJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 02:00 PM   #7
kawboy40
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tricked919 View Post
Sticks haven't been so friendly.
Have the 6 speeds been problematic?
kawboy40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #8
Jerzjeep
2009 JK Wrangler 

Just had a huge thunderstorm last night and she is dry as can be inside. My wife will never drive anything else!
Unread 03-30-2009, 04:39 PM   #9
ZX14Rider
2008 JK Wrangler 

Death wobble when the the Jeep was new and 100% stock.......dealer blamed it on a bad SS..

I think I fixed it for the most part, MYSELF !!
ZX14Rider is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.