Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust.

End of Summer Sale, 20% OFF!2007 - 2011 Jeep JK Long Arm Lift KitsIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-12-2008, 10:58 AM   #1
Atjoer

Magnaflow Cat-Back Exhaust.

I'm not a big fan of the stock exhaust in the way it looks and sounds and am looking for a replacement and am eyeballing the Magnaflow Cat-Back because it has such a nice tip.
Anybody have any experience with this system and of course pics are more then welcome.

Atjoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
Little Green
1991 FSJ Wagoneer 

I have it and I have run it on my 08 for 6 months. Sounds better than stock though no where near as loud as a flowmaster set up. I buy performance parts for a major auto parts company so I could have my choice in exhaust. I run Magnaflow on my Jeep and my 300 SRT8 as I like the sound they produce. Drove 1100 miles straight to florida and my wife did not complain. I did have to go back about a month after install and retighten. It is a tight fit but it looks good and sounds great.
Little Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-14-2008, 11:31 AM   #3
Nuggetbrent
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atjoer View Post
I'm not a big fan of the stock exhaust in the way it looks and sounds and am looking for a replacement and am eyeballing the Magnaflow Cat-Back because it has such a nice tip.
Anybody have any experience with this system and of course pics are more then welcome.
You know, I was looking at the same system, both for performance and rust proofing (I live in the foggy SF bay area), after looking at the stock system, it is stainless except for the muffler and is fairly straight and free flowing. As I recall the whole mandrel bent system is about $400.

My idea was to remove the stock muffler, which is clamped in place and replace with a magnaflow muffler. I went down to my local exhaust shop and had them bend me 2 90 degree stainless pipes which cost me $50 and took them home and welded it up. I think it looks and sounds great and best of all, all the joints are now welded and not clamps like the systems you get.

Now I would think that if you were interested in this your local muffler shop could hook you up for less than $300. Just a thought......

B...

Mods: Procomp 4" w/MX6 shocks and HDX arms + 1 3/4" leveling spacers, 7089 wheels, 35x12.50x17 radial SSR tires, Shrockworks stubby front bumper with Mile Marker PE 8000 winch, Unichip, K&N FIPK and custom bent and welded stainless exhaust with magnaflow muffler, Seatglovers, Rugged Ridge Grab Handles and Flashlight holder, Superior 5.13 gears, Yaesu FT8900 radio, Diamond CR8900 Quad band antenna, Delta Tech 150 fog lights.....still thinking.....
Nuggetbrent is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
Atjoer

Thanks for the input guys, I did my lift today and couldn't believe the rust already on the side of the stock muffler after owning the car for two weeks, that thing just gotta go and I just ordered the Magnaflow, the Flowmaster is probably a bit too loud since I live in the mountains and have to rev it up max throttle at 5000 RPM to get home for a couple of miles and that could get bored pretty fast with a screaming Flowmaster every day.
Atjoer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 10:18 PM   #5
nota4re

The system we offer from Cool Tech LLC, is a do-it-yourself Magnaflow solution. We tested 8 different mufflers and decided that the Magnaflow sounded the best - by a good margin. (Also, not all the Magnaflows sounded the same... e.g., although the center-in, center-out would fit, it didn't sound as good as the center-in, offset out.)

Anyway, we have a complete kit for the (4-door) JK. The stock Jeep tubing is 2.5" mandrel-bent stainless. Kind of silly to replace that with the same.... so we don't. The Cool Tech kit includes a polished stainless Magnaflow muffler (Lifetime warranty), stainless steel Accuseal clamps (the best available), stainless steel tailpipe w/TIG welded stainless steel hanger rod, aluminum heat shield, and stainless band clamps.

The muffler is relocated (to where it should be in the 4-door), and the entire back area is a lot cleaner looking and much better for off-roading (improved departure angle).

'07 White 4-door Rubi
nota4re is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:32 AM   #6
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nota4re View Post
Anyway, we have a complete kit for the (4-door) JK.
2-door kit planned?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:34 AM   #7
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Dang thing gave me an error message and then double-posted....

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 05:41 AM   #8
mrsig
2007 JK Wrangler 

I have the Cool Tech kit it was easy and works great on and off the road! I have had it on for about 10,000 miles.

2007 JK 4 Door, 33" BF Goodrich MTKs, River Raider Ram Air Snorkel System with a K&N flat filter, Cool Tech Exhaust, 410 Gears, Auto, Front & Rear Lockers with OX covers, TF 2.5" Suspension Lift with Heavy Duty Gas Shocks, Piaa Yellow Ion Fog Lights, LOD/Custom Built Steel Front Ram Bumper with White Fog Lights, KC Slim Lights with Windshield Mount, 10,000 lbs Front & Rear Removable Winch, LOD Rear Bumper, Garmin Jeep Trail Guide Navigation System with Topo, Hypertech Max Energy Programmer, ScanGauge ll, Sirius Satellite 6 disk in dash changer Infinity 7 speakers with sub system, Cobra 75 WX ST with K40 Whip Antenna, Full Rubber Floors With Jeep Slush Mats and Custom Fit Neoprene Seat Covers and Grab handles, Daystar Switch Panel. See my Jeep in action @
http://www.aaof.us/jeep.htm
mrsig is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 07:40 AM   #9
rdamaral
2008 JK Wrangler 

looks like a good system for a good price, only thing is, no polished tip.
rdamaral is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-16-2008, 10:30 AM   #10
jprcrpr
2012 JK Wrangler 

Is any welding required for installation of the Cool Tech kit?
Unread 04-16-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
rdamaral
2008 JK Wrangler 

I think it's all bolt on. No welding required.
rdamaral is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.