Maertz's Half *** Build Thread - Page 11 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Maertz's Half *** Build Thread

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 02-13-2014, 11:02 PM   #151
MoonyJohn
Mountain Climber

2004 WJ 

I like it! Do you think it is strong enough to sit or stand on it?

Unread 02-14-2014, 08:30 AM   #152
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonyJohn View Post
I like it! Do you think it is strong enough to sit or stand on it?
I was sitting on it. The wires rated to 935 lbs. I am going to add 2 more hinges this weekend as i only have 2 at the moment. I am also getting spacers so there will be no play. Id say me and the gf will both be able to sit on it when im done.
Unread 02-14-2014, 12:36 PM   #153
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
thanks guys. i probably wont be able to finish it up till next week depending on whether i have the parts at work. should be comp cutting it Friday night into Saturday to try and knock down my project list for when i swap axles. so ill try and get pics of that. Again its going to look like *** till i get corner rocker guards to finish it off down the road...just trying to prepare so my jeep will look like a driving work in progress
Can't wait to see. It'll look funny with a comp cut and 35s
awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-14-2014, 12:46 PM   #154
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
Can't wait to see. It'll look funny with a comp cut and 35s
yeah the whole jeep is going to look hideous for awhile.. i also think i am removing the front bumper and winch also to cut the frame this weekend. It will be bare as hell and have massive gaps in the rear lol.

its probably going to be a weird comp cut to so i can leave in the tail lights in the meantime to stay street legalish... ill have to see.
Unread 02-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #155
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

yeah the whole jeep is going to look hideous for awhile.. i also think i am removing the front bumper and winch also to cut the frame this weekend. It will be bare as hell and have massive gaps in the rear lol.

its probably going to be a weird comp cut to so i can leave in the tail lights in the meantime to stay street legalish... ill have to see.
I think you can still make it look pretty nice if you do it right
Unread 02-15-2014, 05:48 PM   #156
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Well started the comp cut. Figured moving the gas filling tube would be a piece of cake... Ive been wasting like the last 3 hours on it. I thought itd be rubber, but its 95% steel. So i had to cut out all the old and get rubber. Should have left this until I got a fuel cell as ill probably have to redo a tad bit of the hose. At least later i wont have to worry about the evap hoses...

The lights look weird, but will keep me street legal till i decide to get armor and finish it all off. Not doing that though until i know where axles and so on will be and after i check clearance.
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:00 PM   #157
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

well the fuel filler is all done and working finally, will have to continue working on it next weekend.
Unread 02-16-2014, 12:10 PM   #158
Brut4ce
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
well the fuel filler is all done and working finally, will have to continue working on it next weekend.
As small as the curve is just make squared off edges....there's not a down word compound curve....looks good now far you going to stretch it.

[B][COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]BUILT FOR THE ROCKS BUILD[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B] [URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/built-rocks-2101897/"][B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="5"]CLICK HERE[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B][/URL]
Brut4ce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2014, 01:31 PM   #159
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Ill have to see where the axles and 40s sit, but im thinking the wheelbase will be between 105_112".
Unread 02-17-2014, 11:04 AM   #160
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

well i think i also am going to sell front/rear bumper and get some closer fitting ones that hopefully weigh alot less also.
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:06 PM   #161
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
well i think i also am going to sell front/rear bumper and get some closer fitting ones that hopefully weigh alot less also.
I'm planning on making my own and personally plan to have them with some nice approach angles. Should be a fun project
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:22 PM   #162
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post

I'm planning on making my own and personally plan to have them with some nice approach angles. Should be a fun project
Yeah the front will be real easy i believe, the rear i have to think about yet.. Not sure what i want to do with the spare...
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #163
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Yeah the front will be real easy i believe, the rear i have to think about yet.. Not sure what i want to do with the spare...
Haha maybe in the trunk on a tray so you still have have a trunk, flip down, ice always thought of making a winch mount right under that little comparment
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #164
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Ill possibly have to cut that compartment out to fit the uptravel of the 60 depending where the axle ends up it may be in the way. Ill also be double triangulated. I have to measure yet, but ima see if i can fit the fuel cell behind the seat under my air tank.
Unread 02-17-2014, 04:50 PM   #165
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Ill possibly have to cut that compartment out to fit the uptravel of the 60 depending where the axle ends up it may be in the way. Ill also be double triangulated. I have to measure yet, but ima see if i can fit the fuel cell behind the seat under my air tank.
Oh yea so you'll have have a truss plus the link mounts to worry about

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.