Maertz's Half *** Build Thread - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 1153 Old 01-31-2014, 04:03 PM Thread Starter
Maertz
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neenah
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZER030 View Post
so LED strip lights? Pic of those? Man I just creeped your whole build thread. It's awesome man. Fabbing all that stuff your self. Went from a 4 door to a 2 door, never thought I'd want to stretch mine, but sick build bro. Really dope. What is the rubi locker modification?? Is there a link. I hate the stock system too. hanks man. Enjoyed the read. Subbed and looking forward to more. Hope I get to wheel with you sometime! I have a YJ guy, my best friend, Sparrows, when he wheels make me feel like a total puss as well! hahaha
Ha i was debatin trying to make the yj trip he said you might go! I'll get pics if the strips tonight. The rubi locker mod Essentially bypasses the locker relays and let's you control them with a switch and activate anytime. I dont have a writeup for that i copied one online. To me all 2 doors need to be stretched or converted to long arms... I wheel with mainly yj and tj guys. Only a few jks out here...


Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...
A JK On Junkyard 60s
Maertz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 1153 Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,175
Oh you're gonna make it. I've driven down to wheel with you twice. Moab isn't very far
Randonexplosion is offline  
post #93 of 1153 Old 01-31-2014, 04:16 PM
awinski
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gap
Posts: 2,961
always wanted to do the rubi locker mod, but always find myself busy with something else

The ONLY chlorophyll JK
one more horse power than the average pentastar; http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...-build-2157673
twitter/IG - @Becauseracejeep
awinski is offline  
post #94 of 1153 Old 01-31-2014, 07:58 PM
ZERO30
Registered User
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Boise
Posts: 597
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz

Ha i was debatin trying to make the yj trip he said you might go! I'll get pics if the strips tonight. The rubi locker mod Essentially bypasses the locker relays and let's you control them with a switch and activate anytime. I dont have a writeup for that i copied one online. To me all 2 doors need to be stretched or converted to long arms... I wheel with mainly yj and tj guys. Only a few jks out here...
Yes! That would be so dope to wheel with you! And trust me I agree with your signature. But being in a jk isn't all that bad. Granted I wish I had the newer motor but creature comforts are definitely nice. Hahaha I'm so glad I have yj and tj guys around or I probably would have never drilled holes and cut and welded parts of the body of my rig. Haha
Did you find the write up on jeep forum? I'm going to look around and see what I can find. My bully dog tuner allows me to do but even with the tune you still need to use the factory switch. Would love to bypass all of that.
Such brilliant ideas man. Really.
Did you weld the basket to the top of that e-auto bumper? Just wanted to make sure I got that correct.
Thanks! Hope to wheel with you soon!
ZERO30 is offline  
post #95 of 1153 Old 01-31-2014, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
Maertz
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neenah
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZER030 View Post
Yes! That would be so dope to wheel with you! And trust me I agree with your signature. But being in a jk isn't all that bad. Granted I wish I had the newer motor but creature comforts are definitely nice. Hahaha I'm so glad I have yj and tj guys around or I probably would have never drilled holes and cut and welded parts of the body of my rig. Haha
Did you find the write up on jeep forum? I'm going to look around and see what I can find. My bully dog tuner allows me to do but even with the tune you still need to use the factory switch. Would love to bypass all of that.
Such brilliant ideas man. Really.
Did you weld the basket to the top of that e-auto bumper? Just wanted to make sure I got that correct.
Thanks! Hope to wheel with you soon!
Nope heres a link, im mainly on that forum...

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-wr...ication-88085/


And yea i welded it to that bumper. What area are you from, we wheel every weekend here. Randon swings down a bit also. **** nevermind i just saw idaho

Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...
A JK On Junkyard 60s
Maertz is offline  
post #96 of 1153 Old 01-31-2014, 09:04 PM
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post

Nope heres a link, im mainly on that forum...

http://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-wr...ication-88085/

And yea i welded it to that bumper. What area are you from, we wheel every weekend here. Randon swings down a bit also. **** nevermind i just saw idaho
Yep he's up in Idaho with Sparrows.
Randonexplosion is offline  
post #97 of 1153 Old 02-01-2014, 12:57 PM Thread Starter
Maertz
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neenah
Posts: 2,398
Well just another weekend here in Farmington New Mexico...Got to enjoy snow for once in a long time though. Not really enough snow to count, but out here ill take it.




Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...
A JK On Junkyard 60s
Maertz is offline  
post #98 of 1153 Old 02-07-2014, 08:56 AM Thread Starter
Maertz
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neenah
Posts: 2,398
Well another night run another messed up part. Maertz:0 Nighttime Wheeling:2

Have to fully look into it tonight, but from what i can tell its most likely my sector shaft twisted. Will try and post up pics tonigh if I figure it all out.

Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...
A JK On Junkyard 60s
Maertz is offline  
post #99 of 1153 Old 02-07-2014, 10:15 AM
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,175
Geez man, you're gonna get tired of wheelin that place if you keep it up
Randonexplosion is offline  
post #100 of 1153 Old 02-07-2014, 10:20 AM Thread Starter
Maertz
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neenah
Posts: 2,398
Lol i think moving here multiplied how much i offroad by at least 3 times

Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...
A JK On Junkyard 60s
Maertz is offline  
post #101 of 1153 Old 02-07-2014, 05:08 PM
awinski
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gap
Posts: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
Lol i think moving here multiplied how much i offroad by at least 3 times
seems fun. really need to get some jeep stuff done here soon.

also you probably stated it but i'm lazy, what joints did you decide to go with for your drag link?

The ONLY chlorophyll JK
one more horse power than the average pentastar; http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...-build-2157673
twitter/IG - @Becauseracejeep
awinski is offline  
post #102 of 1153 Old 02-07-2014, 05:26 PM Thread Starter
Maertz
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neenah
Posts: 2,398
I used 3/4 rod ends with 5/8 bolts

Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...
A JK On Junkyard 60s
Maertz is offline  
post #103 of 1153 Old 02-07-2014, 05:29 PM
awinski
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Gap
Posts: 2,961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
I used 3/4 rod ends with 5/8 bolts
seems easy enough haha

The ONLY chlorophyll JK
one more horse power than the average pentastar; http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/p...-build-2157673
twitter/IG - @Becauseracejeep
awinski is offline  
post #104 of 1153 Old 02-07-2014, 06:10 PM Thread Starter
Maertz
Registered User
2009 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Neenah
Posts: 2,398
Quote:
Originally Posted by awinski View Post
seems easy enough haha
yup, and for drilling the knuckles id recommend a varibit with its largest size you need if at all possible.

Wishing I Wasn't Part Of The 'JK' Crowd...
A JK On Junkyard 60s
Maertz is offline  
post #105 of 1153 Old 02-07-2014, 06:21 PM
Randonexplosion
Web Wheeler
 
Randonexplosion's Avatar
1988 YJ Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Cortez
Posts: 7,175
That 5/8 bit you got me did fine. My drag link heims are 3/4 with a 5/8 bore and my tie rod heims are 5/8x5/8 bore.
Randonexplosion is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome