Lower Switch Panel Electrical Issue - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lower Switch Panel Electrical Issue

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 08-20-2009, 05:16 PM   #1
JMW1191
2009 JK Wrangler 

Lower Switch Panel Electrical Issue

I am having an electrical issue with my 09' JK Rubicon Unlimited and the problem is the lower switch panel with the sway bar disconnect, lockers, hazards, and esp off switches is not working as well as the interior lighting. What could be my issue? I checked the fuse and it was blown but every fuse i put in blows out instantly. I took it to the dealership and they wont claim it under warranty because i have a bunch of aftermarket parts on it. I have 4 hella black magics, and then the delta factory replacement fog lights. I had 4 wheel parts install these lights. Im having trouble finding where the problem is... any ideas? Anything that could help me?

JMW1191 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-20-2009, 05:27 PM   #2
Prot
Web Wheeler

2014 JK Wrangler 

Go back to 4 wheel parts and get them to fix what they screwed up. I suspect they did not use relays. Also, putting more powerful bulbs in the factory fog lights is known to make the computer freak out because you are drawing too much current. The JK makes extensive use of the CANBUS system. If you want a more powerful bulb in your factory fog lights, the way to go is to with a relay. I really don't fault the dealer, because a modification was made to your electrical system that caused a malfunction. 4 Wheel Parts should take care of the problem if you bring it to them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.