Lower control arms needed? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lower control arms needed?

Attention to the TJ owners 1996-2006 NEW LED LIGHT OPTIONSBds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 05-29-2013, 10:46 AM   #1
toxicwaste29
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lower control arms needed?

I put on a RK 2.5" this weekend and was going to take it into a local shop for an alignment. I got the kit that didn't have lower control arms. If I get it aligned say tomorrow and buy front lower control arms next week, could I put on the new lower control arms without needing it aligned again?

toxicwaste29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 11:28 AM   #2
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

if they need to adjust the caster, as you lift the jeep it loses caster, the only good way is with adj. arms.

JeepJK the only real adjustment is toe in. Unless you have bent the tie rod bar. The lift changed nothing but caster angle.

everyone Iknow and myself just use a tape to set toe, its 1/8 inch.

They can adjust camber but the would need special ball joints. Cost is high.
They can sdjust caster with Cam bolts, not recommended off road, they tend to wallow out the bracket under harder off road use.
Unread 05-29-2013, 12:17 PM   #3
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by toxicwaste29 View Post
I put on a RK 2.5" this weekend and was going to take it into a local shop for an alignment. I got the kit that didn't have lower control arms. If I get it aligned say tomorrow and buy front lower control arms next week, could I put on the new lower control arms without needing it aligned again?
As 222Doc said, there are no adjustments other than toe that can be done on a stock JK. Since the tow can be done in a driveway with a tape measure, it doesn't really make any sense to get it aligned. If you're planning on getting the LCA's, I would just wait then take it to the alignment shop and have it done with the LCA's installed.

I hope this helps!

-Zach
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.