Low Tire Pressure - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Low Tire Pressure

Dana 30/ Dana 44 Chromoly shaft Kits- ECGSFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201

Unread 02-08-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
georgemanfra
2010 JK Wrangler 

Low Tire Pressure

Hello All! I'm new to this forum, and here's my first post. I have a 2010 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. My Low Tire Pressure warning light recently came on. My tires' stated maximum air pressure is 35 lbs. (these are the stock tires that came with the Jeep). I checked my pressures and found them all to be hovering around 30 lbs., so I increased them to 32 lbs. Still the warning light stayed on. I called my dealer's service department and asked his advice. He stated I need to fill the tires to 37 lbs. I'm in New England and we're buried in cold snow. I'm leary of inflating my tires over their maximum limits. Any thoughts out there? Thanks in advance.

georgemanfra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:11 PM   #2
Blu-Jacket
2009 JK Wrangler 

What does it say for tire pressure inside your left door jamb? That is the pressure you need to set them at. Otherwise, you will not satisfy the TPMS and the light will not clear. Also, once you do get them inflated, it's not uncommon that the light won't extinguish until you drive a few miles.
Blu-Jacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 06:46 PM   #3
Vin
2012 JK Wrangler 

Fill them to 37-40 psi. After the light turns off you can air down to a more comfortable pressure.
Vin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:20 PM   #4
jabsther
2010 JK Wrangler 

Dont forget about the spare tire pressure also will affect the TPMS.
jabsther is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-08-2011, 07:58 PM   #5
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

When the air gets cold, the pressure drops and the sensors come on. Ther'es a bit of hysteresis built in so you have to overshoot the setpoint and then you can come back down to what it's supposed to be.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 06:52 AM   #6
georgemanfra
2010 JK Wrangler 

Low Tire Pressure

Thank-you to everyone who replied. I always judged tire pressure levels by just what it said on the tire, but I'll now check what the door jamb tag says since they're the stock tires. Didn't know that there was a way for the Jeep to know what the spare tire pressure was. i didn't check that pressure since I have a locked spare tire cover on it and it was very cold at the time. Just too lazy to unlock and remove it. Thanks again everyone!
georgemanfra is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 07:33 AM   #7
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

Gettan AEV Procal Module-

Then you can change tires/set any pressure/correct speedo-a whole buncha things-

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-09-2011, 01:59 PM   #8
jrmandryck
2008 JK Wrangler 

I turned mine down to 0psi because in Maine now with the temp change of 40* it goes off almost every morning
jrmandryck is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.