Looking for a JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking for a JK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineSavvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under

Unread 07-15-2013, 12:55 PM   #1
NCUNLIMITED
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Looking for a JK

Well it looks like I will be switching sides of the forum. A 16 year old girl hit me in my LJ and totaled it. Wife is set on getting a JKU. I am going to look at an 07 with 95,000 miles on it. It has 4.10 gearing, dual tops, tow package, and looks to be in pretty good shape. Question is, is that a lot of miles on a JK? I know it's around 16,000 a year, so it has gotten a lot of use. But what kind of miles can I expect to get out of the engine? I know with the engine in my LJ I could have gotten over 200,000 with basic care and maintenance. Are there any troubles with the 07's? Would love to get something a lot newer, but I am thinking of my budget right now. Oh and they are asking $18,300 for it. Thanks for any help you all can give me

NCUNLIMITED is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:15 PM   #2
LukeTXAG
2010 JK Wrangler 

That sounds a little high for sure. I bought my 2010 JKU with 35k on it for 25,500 and that was with a Tera flex coil spring lift, wheels and fairly new 35in km2's.
LukeTXAG is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #3
nwbronco
2014 JK Wrangler 

The 3.8L has been around for many years. Some burn oil. Assembly problem in Mexico. Other than that, no reason not to see it get to 200k in mileage.

Bob K.
'13 Black 10A Rubicon JKU
nwbronco is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
NCUNLIMITED
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Have you had any issues with your 07?
Unread 07-15-2013, 03:55 PM   #5
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

WOW, to bad you guys don't want a 2dr? We have our 07 2dr with 48K on it! It has 35's, Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel, Fox Shocks, full EVO skid, KrawlOff-Road.com front drive shaft, MBRP Exhaust, K&N Cold Air Intake and more on it! We are also only asking for $18,000.00 for it!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-15-2013, 04:54 PM   #6
NCUNLIMITED
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Got any pictures? I have a 2 door in my driveway right now. 2 doors aren't out of the question yet
Unread 07-15-2013, 05:05 PM   #7
duneslider
2007 JK Wrangler 

The JK's are really holding their value well. I think you will be spending 18+ for one in good shape. I think 95k is a lot of miles though. It certainly might make it 200k though. I replaced my engine at 58k, so I was one of the unlucky ones.

It wasn't just the mexico assembled jeeps that had issues. Mine was all assembled in USA.

If it were me, I would spend a little more and get one a little newer with fewer miles. The 2011 motor I got has been fantastic so far i the last 20k miles.

Just as reference, I paid 22k (sticker 24K) for my JKU in 2006.
duneslider is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 09:14 AM   #8
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCUNLIMITED View Post
Got any pictures? I have a 2 door in my driveway right now. 2 doors aren't out of the question yet
Sure do! PM heading your way...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #9
NCUNLIMITED
2005 LJ Wrangler 

Thanks, gotta convince the wife why it would be a good idea
Unread 07-16-2013, 12:42 PM   #10
mclaggan123
jeepaholic

2006 LJ Wrangler 

i have my 07 unlimited for sale here in va beach. it has a 3" lift 35" km2's with 3k miles on them, LOD bumpers front and rear, rocker guards/steps, trans cooler and a few other things. it has 49,586 miles on it and im asking 19,000. basically whats in my sig minus the tuffy drawer and security box.

2006 Rubicon unlimited, silver. 5.5" long arm lift. 35" BFG KM2's on 15" black steelies. skidrow steering skid and radiator skid . LOD rear bumper with tire carrier. Flowmaster 44 exhaust. .CB with tuffy Overhead storage . Offroad lights in bumpers front and rear plus 2 more on the winch hoop.
mclaggan123 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-16-2013, 02:02 PM   #11
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCUNLIMITED View Post
Thanks, gotta convince the wife why it would be a good idea
Nice! Let us know! I will even throw in future parts discounts! LOL...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
Unread 07-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #12
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Dang, that is a hellofa good deal.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.