Looking to buy this JK have some ??? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Looking to buy this JK have some ???

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:24 AM   #1
kittenmittens

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Looking to buy this JK have some ???

My friend just totaled his car and now he is looking for a Jeep. He is not going to wheel it hard he just wants something that can go off road but would be a good dd. So i told him he doesn't need to spend the extra money on a Rubicon so he is looking at a 2008 wrangler x 2 door. We found one for a good price 3inch lift 5 new 35s 6 speed manual. Now to the questions, It says it has 3.21 gears which i think would be painful with a 3.8 and 35s. but it says it has a Next Generation Dana 44HD Rear axle. What are the odds the previous owner re geared? If i went to the trouble of a rear axle swap i would change gears. And exactly how bad would the 3.21 gears be around town.

kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
Apostle
2013 JK Wrangler 

Would say it is still stock. And will be a dog. Get and sell tires use money to buy new takeoffs from craigs

[CENTER]You'll get over it[/CENTER]

[SIZE="1"]"To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”
–Voltaire[/SIZE]
Apostle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:30 AM   #3
Butterjeep
2012 JK Wrangler 

If you buy it, make sure it has been regeared or budget for the correct gearing, it could be a good negotiation tool. An 08 with 35's on 3.21's is not going to be fun. It'll get you around, but at the expense of driveability and you'll have to slip the clutch a lot more to get it going so clutch life could be shorter too.
Unread 06-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #4
kittenmittens

2005 TJ Wrangler 

Thats what i thought thanks for the quick replies
kittenmittens is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-18-2013, 08:53 AM   #5
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

I hate to interrupt and not talk about the OP but since your so close I might as well through it out there...

We have a 07 2dr for sale! It is black and a auto. It has just over 47,000 miles on it (not bad at all for a 07). It has a Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel lift, FOX IFP Shocks, MBRP Offroad exhaust, PSC EVP Skid, EVO Full Skids, KrawlOff-Road.com Front Drive Shaft, Red and Black seat covers, K&N Cold air intake, 35's on 15" wheels, and more! This would make a HECK of a starting point on a JK for anyone. Plus, we did all the work and know it was done right. We have had it all up and down the East Cost. We just need to see it to a good home! We are also only asking $18,000 for it! That is about $1,000 under KBB and plus it has over $5,000.00 in parts on it!

Feel free to PM, email, or call us at anytime if you have any questions and once again, sorry for butting in...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.