Looking For a Bumper - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 09-19-2017, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
rdhwk2020

Looking For a Bumper

Hey guys just got my license and a 2015 jk. I wanna get a new bumper looking at some stingers now. Any suggestions for a good stinger under $400.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-19-2017, 09:10 PM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Look for a used one if that's all you want to spend. A "good" new bumper is going to cost double that much or more. The only ones that come close to that price range are Made in China mall crawler junk that would buckle if the stinger contacted anything.

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 6 Old 09-19-2017, 11:24 PM
minimodes89

2017 JK Wrangler 

The barricade adventure bumper from extreme terrain is probably what you're looking for. It's one of the few I know of that meet your price point. I have no personal experience with it but were I in the market for a new bumper I'd give it a look. Extreme terrains customer service is also very good. https://www.extremeterrain.com/barri...mper-0717.html

Extreme terrain has a few other bumpers from barricade that you can afford and might also like. They also have a rep on here that can probably get you a discount.

98 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited-Stock 121000 On the clock-Sold

Penn State Alum:Industrial Engineering

post #4 of 6 Old 09-20-2017, 09:38 AM
cranbiz
2012 JK Wrangler 

You looking for a big stinger or just something smaller to mount lights on?

A good, brand name bumper is going to exceed your budget. The Ebay Chinese bumpers are in your price range and the quality is iffy. Fit, Finish and steel thickness are usually less. However, there are some decent ones out there. I took a chance on one with a small stinger and winch ready that was about $268 shipped. Got lucky, it fit fine, looks decent and is fairly solid. The steel is only 5/32's as opposed to 3/16's and you are going to bend something if you hit the underside on rocks. Yup, mine is bent underneath. Is it hurting anything, no. Am I happy for $268, yes.

This is it.

Different seller than who I bought from but same bumper.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/JK-Front-Bum...ZYc-wW&vxp=mtr

06 KJ
12 JK,2.5" Teraflex lift,Bilstein 5100's,BFG KO2's P305/65R17
17 WK2 Trailhawk
KN4BBA
post #5 of 6 Old 09-20-2017, 03:03 PM Thread Starter
rdhwk2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by minimodes89 View Post
The barricade adventure bumper from extreme terrain is probably what you're looking for. It's one of the few I know of that meet your price point. I have no personal experience with it but were I in the market for a new bumper I'd give it a look. Extreme terrains customer service is also very good. http://www.extremeterrain.com/barric...mper-0717.html

Extreme terrain has a few other bumpers from barricade that you can afford and might also like. They also have a rep on here that can probably get you a discount.
Thanks for the suggestion I think I'm gonna go with that one.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-21-2017, 05:40 AM
robertcrav
2015 JK Wrangler 

Check local Craigslist...your profile doesn't have a location, but out here In California there is Currently 3 Poison Spyder bumpers and an Off-road Evolution one...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

2015 JKU - Currie Axles, 37s, PS Flares, Synergy Bumpers

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.