LoD rock sliders - installed! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > LoD rock sliders - installed!

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 07-14-2013, 05:54 PM   #1
invest2m4
2013 JK Wrangler 

LoD rock sliders - installed!

Finally got my sliders installed after a few hiccups this weekend. With that behind me, I can say I think they're awesome. The wife loves that they have a step, so she can finally get in the Jeep rather than climbing in. If anyone is looking at these, I'm happy to answer any questions. Before and after pictures attached.

image-3807300517.jpg

image-3153964110.jpg

image-1836540036.jpg

image-656431586.jpg

image-1845697960.jpg

image-2489581901.jpg

invest2m4 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 06:59 PM   #2
suicideking
2006 LJ Wrangler 

They look great, time to put them to use!
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-14-2013, 11:06 PM   #3
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

those look sweet. how was the install?
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:17 AM   #4
invest2m4
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrwhipple View Post
those look sweet. how was the install?
The install itself wasn't too bad. I took my time and all in, it took a little less than 4 hours. Drilling and tapping the holes in the frame are the time consuming part. I definitely learned a few things along the way, but fortunately no issues.

Getting ready for the install was really time consuming, but that is partly my fault. I did have one issue with the LoD product. On both sides of the Jeep, the sliders use the transmission skid plate mounting holes and bolts. The problem is that I have a manual transmission, so no stock bolts. No idea why LoD wouldn't provide those two bolts. It took half a day to figure out what size I needed and then another half day to find them. The bolts are an odd size and not stocked anywhere (Jeep uses a non-standard thread pitch). A thanks goes out to my local Ace Hardware for having them!

I'm impressed with how solid they are. I have no doubt they will take anything I throw at them.
Unread 07-15-2013, 07:45 AM   #5
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Nice looking and look very functional...go put some rock rash on them....lol
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Nice! Looks good on there. So, what is next on the lineup?

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
sqdnguns
2009 JK Wrangler 

I'm looking to pick up a set of these as well. I have an LoD full width front bumper that I am looking to either customize of replace.
sqdnguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:36 AM   #8
invest2m4
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrawlOff-Road View Post
Nice! Looks good on there. So, what is next on the lineup?

-Jason
I wish it were fenders and bumpers, but I think it is going to be skid plates, gussets, and axle sleeves. I don't think I could forgive myself if I broke something because I didn't make the proper preventative investments.

I'll definitely be in touch with you on everything!
Unread 07-15-2013, 09:38 AM   #9
invest2m4
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqdnguns View Post
I'm looking to pick up a set of these as well. I have an LoD full width front bumper that I am looking to either customize of replace.
You wouldn't be disappointed. Talk to Jason at Krawl Off-Road. He'll answer all your questions and get you hooked up!
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:02 AM   #10
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

What wheels are those? Love em
Unread 07-15-2013, 11:21 AM   #11
invest2m4
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by takeitsleazy View Post
What wheels are those? Love em
Level 8, Strike 5 (17x9, 4.5" backspacing). I looked for a long time and then saw these and was sold. They come in silver (which I have), black, or black with silver outer edge.
Unread 07-17-2013, 11:46 PM   #12
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by invest2m4 View Post
The install itself wasn't too bad. I took my time and all in, it took a little less than 4 hours. Drilling and tapping the holes in the frame are the time consuming part. I definitely learned a few things along the way, but fortunately no issues.

Getting ready for the install was really time consuming, but that is partly my fault. I did have one issue with the LoD product. On both sides of the Jeep, the sliders use the transmission skid plate mounting holes and bolts. The problem is that I have a manual transmission, so no stock bolts. No idea why LoD wouldn't provide those two bolts. It took half a day to figure out what size I needed and then another half day to find them. The bolts are an odd size and not stocked anywhere (Jeep uses a non-standard thread pitch). A thanks goes out to my local Ace Hardware for having them!

I'm impressed with how solid they are. I have no doubt they will take anything I throw at them.

nice. thanks for the input on the install.
they do look solid.
Unread 07-18-2013, 07:09 AM   #13
takeitsleazy
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by invest2m4 View Post
Level 8, Strike 5 (17x9, 4.5" backspacing). I looked for a long time and then saw these and was sold. They come in silver (which I have), black, or black with silver outer edge.
Awesome, thanks
Unread 12-15-2013, 08:32 PM   #14
MurphsRig007

What is the bolt size pitch I plan on installing into manual jk soon
MurphsRig007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-16-2013, 05:04 AM   #15
invest2m4
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MurphsRig007
What is the bolt size pitch I plan on installing into manual jk soon
It's M12 x 1.5. You'll have to find a good hardware store. The 1.5 pitch is not standard and I had a hard time finding them (Ace hardware for the win). Stock bolts are 45mm long, btw.

The bolts that hold your t case and gas tank skids are the same, so you can pull one to compare.

Last bit of advice. There is a drill and tap set made by Kawasaki I think (LoD pictures it in their instructions). Guys had problems with it as the drill bit was too large. I found that kit and the bit size was literally the wrong size for the tap.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.