LOD Offroad rear bumper installed - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > LOD Offroad rear bumper installed

Black Friday Sale - Deep Discounts from ExtremeTerrain.com6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome Effect

Unread 11-04-2013, 10:04 AM   #1
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

LOD Offroad rear bumper installed

I have to say, this is one of the finest pieces of man made construction I have ever installed on a vehicle. I am truly 100% satisfied. Install was very straight forward and I was able to do it by myself (Note: This isn't a 1 man job for those that spend zero time in a gym). This has now taken top spot over my AEV hood for favorite installed items on my JK.

Right after the install:

Taken this morning.

HISSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
RogueStatus
2013 JK Wrangler 

looks nice and solid. How are those lights in the bumper as far as brightness?
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:20 AM   #3
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

Very bright!

Also, there are (iirc) 12 bolts that now attach the bumper to the frame. I forgot how many I drilled. Indeed, it is very solid.
Unread 11-04-2013, 05:01 PM   #4
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

Yup, they make nice stuff.

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 07:40 AM   #5
Spaf
2011 JK Wrangler 

Looks good. I have the LOD mid-with up front and like it a lot. Someday I'll have the matching rear.
Yellow Jeep Club #54
"Que scais-je?"
Spaf is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:44 AM   #6
propped1
2007 JK Wrangler 

Looks awesome! Two questions: What's it weigh? Assuming 80ish... What does the tailgate link look like? On LOD's website they have about zero pictures and a video of a forklift showing that the bumper can be a lift point.... not helping me much.
-OlllllllO]
(o)_) (o)_)o-)_)
propped1 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-05-2013, 03:31 PM   #7
TheBoss
2012 JK Wrangler 

I have lifted my Jeep using the front LoD bumper I would have to say if you can safely find a spot it would hold up. Contact them they are helpful and friendly over there

[COLOR="Black"][CENTER][SIZE="4"][FONT="Showcard Gothic"][COLOR="Black"][URL="http://groups.jeepforum.com/built-not-bought/"][COLOR="Black"]Built Not Bought #690[/COLOR][/URL][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/CENTER][/COLOR]
[COLOR="Red"]"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson[/COLOR][SIZE="2"][/SIZE]
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-06-2013, 12:22 PM   #8
AGGIEINFLA
2009 JK Wrangler 

here are my front and rear LOD's
img00034-20110514-1438.jpg   img00043-20110604-1241.jpg   img00035-20110514-1438.jpg   img00044-20110604-1241.jpg  
AGGIEINFLA is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 12:16 AM   #9
mrwhipple
2012 JK Wrangler 

beefy looking bumpers. they look nice.
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #10
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by propped1 View Post
Looks awesome! Two questions: What's it weigh? Assuming 80ish... What does the tailgate link look like? On LOD's website they have about zero pictures and a video of a forklift showing that the bumper can be a lift point.... not helping me much.

Probably closer to 100ish if I were to guess. It is very stout. I will try to snap a pic of the link in a bit.
Also of note, the finish is great on these.

Thanks!
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:41 AM   #11
manike
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HISSMAN View Post
Probably closer to 100ish if I were to guess. It is very stout. I will try to snap a pic of the link in a bit.
Also of note, the finish is great on these.

Thanks!
Please could you take a close up picture of the finish too?

I am trying to decide if this is the rear bumper for me, and if it will match the Rampage Recovery front bumper that I am planning on.

I wish they did their full width front bumper with the stinger you can get on their shorty.
manike is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:55 AM   #12
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

Will Do. As soon as this rain lets up.
Unread 11-07-2013, 07:58 AM   #13
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

Also to note. The ends are capped to prevent mud from being lodged into them.
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:01 AM   #14
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

Sorry for all of the posts. I also took the Jeep out some very rough dirt trails yesterday and the day before. A lot of these roads were like driving over a washboard. I heard no squeaks or rattle from the tire carrier. This was such a relief,
the stock carrier was starting to get very noisy due to the tailgate being very overloaded. This system was completely silent. It felt and sounded like I was driving a new JK again. ( I drive these trails like I am in the Baja 1000 too ;-) )
Unread 11-07-2013, 08:34 AM   #15
bill9274
2011 JK Wrangler 

Nice bumper it looks like what they should come with new.
bill9274 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.