Locker switch wiring help needed.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Locker switch wiring help needed..

Building a Bumper?Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 12-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #1
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Locker switch wiring help needed..

Ok guys I'm getting ready to put eaton elockers in my 13 jku but instead of using the cheap looking switches that come with them I'm going to use arb style illuminated switches which have 5 terminals on them vs 3 on a standard lighted switch..I've already sourced the arb wiring diagram but the question I have is has anyone found the easiest place to tap into the dash lights so that the switch is lite when the dash lights are on and dim with dimmer? I'm going to be using the rugged ridge A-pillar switch pod for the install and I'm going for the most professional install as possible! Any suggestions?

2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 12:01 AM   #2
suicideking
2012 JK Wrangler 

With the ARB switches anyway, they light up when you turn them on (engage the locker, etc). I've never heard of anyone wiring them to light up with the dash.
suicideking is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 12:09 AM   #3
sjones26573
GO GOATS!

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suicideking View Post
With the ARB switches anyway, they light up when you turn them on (engage the locker, etc). I've never heard of anyone wiring them to light up with the dash.
ARB switches (Which are Carling Tech Contura II switches) as well as most Contura II switches have a main light as well as a small light. The main light is dependent of the switch, but the small light is independent, and can be wired how you wish. Most people wire them to the dash lights to come on when the dash lights do. OP needs the wire color that controls that circuit to tap into and control the small light.

OP, I'm a TJ guy so I can't help. I know on late model TJ's it's any solid orange wire.

The Yellowtail Build
FOR SALE
NIB HiLift HL-484 48" Cast/Steel Jack
4" Fabtech Coils/Shocks (TJ/LJ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeremy Clarkson - Top Gear Botswana Special
Why don't all cars have no doors? When I come to power I'm going to make it a rule because this is just better.
sjones26573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-23-2013, 12:31 AM   #4
buns79
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjones26573 View Post
ARB switches (Which are Carling Tech Contura II switches) as well as most Contura II switches have a main light as well as a small light. The main light is dependent of the switch, but the small light is independent, and can be wired how you wish. Most people wire them to the dash lights to come on when the dash lights do. OP needs the wire color that controls that circuit to tap into and control the small light.

OP, I'm a TJ guy so I can't help. I know on late model TJ's it's any solid orange wire.
Thank you sir and you would be 100% correct, I'm looking for what color wire and where might be the easiest place to access that wire (I'm guessing maybe right behind the power window switches) is... And yep I actually ordered the switches off eBay that are the carling tech horizontal arb style rocker switches... Now just to trace down that darn wire.
2013 jku. Manual trans, 2.5in teraflex lift with 1in spacers,35in duratracs, soft top, ace rear bumper, poison Spyder front bumper, smittybuilt winch, 4:88s with eaton elockers front and rear. Spod, rigid LEDs, rugged ridge snorkel and the list goes on and on... 0lllllll0
buns79 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.