Locker Bypass Harness - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Locker Bypass Harness

New! JK/U skid plate system.FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-03-2010, 08:51 PM   #1
CTDreamin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Locker Bypass Harness

Hey guys and gals. I am trying to gauge interest in a Plug and Play Locker Bypass wiring harness that I make.

From my research I have found that the Rubi's use the same Transfer Case Position Switch that the Power Wagons use.

I am making a harness that is completely plug and play and can be un-installed in minutes for any type of warranty work that may be needed and the dealer will never know it was there. The bypass harness will allow you to engage your front and rear lockers in any range you are in on the transfer case. I have supplied over 75 units to the Power Wagons and have yet to hear of one that don't work as advertised.

How many of you would be interested in me making more for y'all. Of course I will follow all forum rules when it comes to selling an item. I am just trying to figure out if the ROI is worth it.

Please post and give me your thoughts. I have attached a picture of the finished product.

CTDreamin is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 10:35 PM   #2
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Can you show an install ? Do they use the OEM switches ? Does the indicator on the dash show locked not flashing ? Do you have to remove anything to remove it ( ie; battery and tray ) ? What kind of warranty/price are you shooting for ?

Sounds like it would be interesting , just need more info and pics .....
07' Rubi Unlimited 6spd. , Rescue green #64 CDN , 35x12.5 mudders
Rick .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-03-2010, 11:04 PM   #3
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Once the harness is installed, is the simulated 4lo permanent, or is there a switch to go back to normal once you no longer need the lockers on?
ronjenx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 04:33 AM   #4
TNeustadt
2004 TJ Wrangler 

Also, does it allow the sway bay to disconnect...I for one, am very interested in buying if so.
TNeustadt is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 05:38 AM   #5
2jk1cjtj
2008 JK Wrangler 

I would like moer info on this sounds good.
2jk1cjtj is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 06:25 AM   #6
CTDreamin
2013 JK Wrangler 

The end user would provide a switch of their own. You would need a SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) or On-Off-On Switch. In one position you are "tricking" the PCM to think that the transfer case is in 4LO and the 4LO light on the dash should light up which allows you to engage the lockers. The other position is just like it came from Jeep. Like I said it can be installed and uninstalled in a short amount of time and the dealer would never know that it existed. You don't cut any factory wiring and the harness installs between the TPS and the wiring harness making it a simple PnP solution.

I am the only person making these units as one connector is actually made.

The only warranty I offer is that I say it will work. I can't warranty an item that will take tons of road abuse, but if there is ever a problem don't hesitate to contact me. For example: One of the PW guys damaged his while installing it and I sent him a repair kit free of charge, he just paid shipping. I don't want to discuss a price at this time in the open forum as I am not a sponsor and don't want to break any rules.
Unread 08-04-2010, 06:53 AM   #7
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Can you provide a pic of the switching installed ?
Thanks !
Rick .
Unread 08-04-2010, 06:57 AM   #8
CTDreamin
2013 JK Wrangler 

Can you explain a little?
Unread 08-04-2010, 07:01 AM   #9
datammWV
2010 JK Wrangler 

Depending on the price it would be nice to have the lockers on when driving at higher speeds. I would be interested i the purchase if reasonable.
datammWV is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #10
jeepcache
2010 JK Wrangler 

sounds like a cool deal. i would like to see something a little more advanced, like something that is always on, with no lights. i.e. the lockers are always tricked into thinking they are in 4lo, without the 4lo light, and no on/off switch, just always on. i'd be willing to pay the premium of course...
jeepcache is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-04-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Ryans_GP
2008 JK Wrangler 

Bypass

I am interested and waiting to hear more.
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:03 AM   #12
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepcache View Post
sounds like a cool deal. i would like to see something a little more advanced, like something that is always on, with no lights. i.e. the lockers are always tricked into thinking they are in 4lo, without the 4lo light, and no on/off switch, just always on. i'd be willing to pay the premium of course...
You do of course realize this would be very dangerous on slick roads I hope .
Not to mention extremely hard on your diff. gears . Why would you not want to be able to turn the lockers off ?
Rick .
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:06 AM   #13
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDreamin View Post
Can you explain a little?
What I am getting at is the SWITCH ...... do you have an example of your install ? Are the three wires on/off and light ?
Rick .
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #14
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTDreamin View Post
The end user would provide a switch of their own. You would need a SPDT (Single Pole Double Throw) or On-Off-On Switch.
Is having the switch part of the original design? Or would we have to cut and splice one in?
Unread 08-04-2010, 09:18 AM   #15
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by fernjack View Post
You do of course realize this would be very dangerous on slick roads I hope .
Not to mention extremely hard on your diff. gears . Why would you not want to be able to turn the lockers off ?
That is very true.
A lot of people do not realize this, and don't believe it when told why.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.