Lockable trunk for 2012 JK - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lockable trunk for 2012 JK

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 05-06-2012, 09:06 PM   #1
damjam

Lockable trunk for 2012 JK

I am looking for something like the best top insta trunk that will fit a 2012 wrangler what is the best option

damjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-07-2012, 02:20 AM   #2
TrailRated2011

2011 JK Wrangler 

@damjam

After looking at many alternatives, I decided to purchase:

Tuffy Security Products Tailgate Security Enclosure
For 11-12 Jeep Wrangler & Wrangler Unlimited JK
Quadratec Part No: 14036.0010
Manufacturer Part No: 282-01
follow the general rule of off-roading, "Go as slow as you can, as fast as you must."
I'm on the Web: geres.ca
TrailRated2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-17-2013, 05:29 AM   #3
TrailRated2011

2011 JK Wrangler 

16GA Steel Perforated Sheet Solution

Update:

Last year I purchased a Tuffy Security Products Tailgate Security Enclosure, Manufacturer Part No: 282-01. It provides great security for items of value when my soft top is down---I am very satisfied with it!

When it's full, I use the back seat for overflow storage. Traveling with suitcases or a day of off-roading (trail run supplies like straps, rubber boots, and other kit) with my Club.

With the soft top, when I stop for gas or a meal at a restaurant I worry about theft. I don't feel comfortable leaving my vehicle unattended.

Decided on a solution that I can live with. Went to Loucon Metal off Slack Rd. in Ottawa ON Canada. Purchased a 25" x 63" piece of "CR STL PERF SHT 16GA 1/2" DIA X 11/16" STAGGERED" and two 63" 50W STL ANGLE - BAR SIZE 1" x 1" x 1/4".

Dave at Capital Dodge in Kanata, ON Canada will assemble the three components and mount the assembly across the the tub of my JK over the rear seat.

He'll get some fasteners that allow me to secure n' lock the unit in place.

When I laid out the parts where I measured them to be---it was nice n' tight fitting.

Quite light too.

No carpet knife or tin snips are going to make it easy for a grab n' run thief.

Still no guarantees that I won't be robbed---but I can live with what I've got to secure my stuff on the back seat.
iphone-bkp-15-may-2013-perf-1.jpg   iphone-bkp-15-may-2013-perf-2.jpg  
follow the general rule of off-roading, "Go as slow as you can, as fast as you must."
I'm on the Web: geres.ca
TrailRated2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-19-2013, 03:08 PM   #4
Wheelin98TJ
JEEP FREAK

1998 TJ Wrangler 

Moved to JK Forum since this question is JK specific. You will get better answers there.
Wheelin98TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #5
713alan

On my 2000 TJ I used a Tuffy Security Cargo Drawer. They make one for the JK also. You lose the rear seat since this is not something to repeatedly install and remove. The drawer makes it easy to get to your stuff. It also keeps you stuff dry even if it rains with the windows off.

On my 2010 JK, I went with the Tuffy Security Deck Enclosure. You lose the rear seat but it comes apart so it is easy to take out if you want to put the seat back in. This encloses the rear part of the Jeep but your stuff sits on the floor of the Jeep. If you leave the windows off and it rains, stuff will get wet. It gives a lot more storage then the security drawer.
713alan is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.