Location of switches? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Location of switches?

Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOfficial Chassis Saver Rust Preventive Truck & Auto UnFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 06-16-2013, 07:30 PM   #1
REPPO
2013 JK Wrangler 

Location of switches?

Looking for ideas for switches in JKU. Front and read aux lights. Does anyone use the unused stock switch slots (the row where the hazard is)?

REPPO is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
HappyTrails
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I attached switches for my windshield mounted KC driving lights and my rear bumper backup lights down by my right knee, along the edge of the console/transfer case handle.

I have my ARB air compressor switch mounted in the glove compartment (drilled a hole through the back wall of it).

An SPOD is a great option, albeit expensive.
Bunch of other junk.

"Y'all kin say whut y'all want 'bout the South, buy y'all never heard o' nobody retirin' an' movin' North."
HappyTrails is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-16-2013, 09:35 PM   #3
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

There is also a switch panel that replaces the panel at the base of the dash under the radio, in front of the shifter. I think a few different suppliers off it, very in expensive, like $20.00 plus the cost of up to 6 switches. Some people say it's easy to install, others have said was very difficult.

It's not simple to just add switches to the factor switch panel. However if you do a search, someone has a write up, they did it, and show what they had to do.

Let us know what you do.

Dan
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:38 AM   #4
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

You should getta sPOD-that system will cure/acommodate at least 6 of your aux accessories and localize the relays/fuses/ter. boards-etc

I've installed quite a few aux systems and this one is THE BEST-

Switch panel is positioned outta the way above the rearview mirror and you can "quick' glance atit for use--and the motherboard is readily positioned in the drivers side engine compt-ideal

Good luck

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 07:51 AM   #5
GauchoMark
2011 JK Wrangler 

I made a bracket and put mine on the sport bar.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/c...ckoff-1479956/
GauchoMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:01 PM   #6
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

I got to agree with JIMBO on this one. The sPod is not only a great switch panel but also handles all the fusing and relays needed when installing aftermarket accessories! Makes life a lot easier.

They also just came out with a new version. It has lighted switches in the off position! Nice!

Let us know if we can help...

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 01:34 PM   #7
djm
2013 JK Wrangler 

Jason, I want one of the newer ones - PM me how much delivered to 08534

Thanks !
djm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 02:25 PM   #8
JKChris09
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have mine on the driverside A-pillar.. works great for me. it accomodates up to 4 switches (only have one there so far). It's on quadratec for like 20$ if I recall corectly..

My Build Thread
JKChris09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:53 AM   #9
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm View Post
Jason, I want one of the newer ones - PM me how much delivered to 08534

Thanks !
PM heading you way!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #10
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

sPOD is the way to go, if you are going to wire multiple items. It makes life 10x easier when wiring something.
| Currie - 4" | Cooper STT 37" | 5.13 | RCV | Superior | sPOD | ACE | Synergy | Overland Motorsports | Adams Driveshaft | LightForce | TruckLite | PSC | RROR | EVO | Jeep Swag | aFe | Fox | Artec | Ballistic Fab | Rock Hard 4x4 | MetalCloak | Superwinch | Factor 55 | Savvy | TeraFlex | Steel Lizard Offroad | Cobra |

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee - WK2 (Kiddo Hauler)

Walle on Instagram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
I want to F your J. I want to F your J right in the A.
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 01:00 PM   #11
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

I have always made my own switch panels and fuse/relay boxes like GauchoMark (terrific job by the way) although not quite as sophisticated as his for all my Jeeps, but this time decided to go the sPOD route. The price hurt a bit but my figuring is that by the time you buy all the needed supplies to make you own and subtract it from the cost of the sPOD itís not really all that bad, plus you save a ton of time.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-19-2013, 07:44 PM   #12
GauchoMark
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I have always made my own switch panels and fuse/relay boxes like GauchoMark (terrific job by the way) although not quite as sophisticated as his for all my Jeeps, but this time decided to go the sPOD route. The price hurt a bit but my figuring is that by the time you buy all the needed supplies to make you own and subtract it from the cost of the sPOD itís not really all that bad, plus you save a ton of time.
agreed. To do it right, you don't save much if any
GauchoMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:45 AM   #13
Ben Hedrick
2011 JK Wrangler 

www.4x4spod.com

Period.
2007 5.7L HEMI JK Black Super Sahara (sold)
2002 4.0L AEV Brute TJ - (sold)
2003 6.4L HEMI AEV Brute
Ben Hedrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:20 AM   #14
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

One thing I donít like about the sPOD though is the switch panel. The switches are huge limiting it to only 6 switches and thatís it. Sure, for most people that would be plenty but for me, and probably a few others, I need more.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:34 AM   #15
JIMBOX
2008 JK Wrangler 

Kinda true 1222, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
One thing I don’t like about the sPOD though is the switch panel. The switches are huge limiting it to only 6 switches and that’s it. Sure, for most people that would be plenty but for me, and probably a few others, I need more.
Being larger switchs, makes for easy "no look" finger touch control--I can easily select any acc, on my panel--without ever taking my eyes off the road/trees/rocks/hill/cop !

One of those ckts, I could easily drop, if I needed a "NEW" acc--

The only reason for labels/lights, is for the passenger to use panel, if needed !

JIMBO
JIMBOX is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.