Little Upgrade - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Little Upgrade

Flowmaster Discount Code! Thank you JeepForum Members!!!!!Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955Labor Day Sale!

Unread 09-16-2008, 06:58 PM   #1
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Little Upgrade

I have put up a few pics other places thought I'd throw them up here also.
Have been real busy so its not done yet but I do have the new 5.7 and 545RFE installed and wired up. Still waiting for the POR15 full treatment stuff to come so I can get the frame protected while its still laid open.
Anyway the naked JK.

Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/little-upgrade-607325/

Last edited by dsy; 09-17-2008 at 02:31 PM..
dsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 07:23 PM   #2
C2U5H
2012 JK Wrangler 

and i pee'd a little
Will be missed:
1999 "Deep Amethyst" TJ +3" on 33's
C2U5H is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 09:18 PM   #3
MacK
2010 JK Wrangler 

How the heck did you do that lol I wouldn't even know where to start. Heck, all I can do is change tires and change my oil.. If I were you I'd reinforce all the wires, and protect them from the elements. And while you're at it, I'd waterproof the crap out of your Jeep. And heck, why not just convert it into a submarine? Or well a boat, or does sheet metal not float? :P!
MacK is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 09:39 PM   #4
srtpusher

i can't wait till i do mine!!!! just 18 more months to pay on the durango!!!

quick related question. if i have a 2wd durango, i can use the engine and transmission - i would just need the transfer case, correct? or would i need to get the transmission off of a 4x4 hemi?
srtpusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 09:43 PM   #5
Wolf359
WOLF359

2008 JK Wrangler 

So that's what a JK looks like underneath. I'm guessing it's a 2 door.

Nice "little" upgrade.
Wolf359 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-16-2008, 10:38 PM   #6
Xtremjeepn
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peteman View Post
I'm guessing it's a 2 door.

Nice "little" upgrade.

Doubtfull with that rear driveshaft and long frame
Unread 09-17-2008, 12:35 AM   #7
michaelmjc
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ya, I'm thinking it might be a 4 door. Hell, removing the carpets is just about all I know how to do. I couldn't imagine doing this. You're a beast. Looks sweet!
michaelmjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 11:59 AM   #8
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

I am so turned on. That is sweeeet!

Did you have to remove the interior to lighten the load in order to get it off of the frame?

How long did the frame-off process take? Pics of that???
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
tx-Skydiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 01:29 PM   #9
peenkfloeed
2008 JK Wrangler 

Oh My God, I Cant Stop Staring At The Pics! Can We Have Video?
peenkfloeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 01:41 PM   #10
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-Skydiver View Post
I am so turned on. That is sweeeet!

Did you have to remove the interior to lighten the load in order to get it off of the frame?

How long did the frame-off process take? Pics of that???
I did take out all the interior to lighten it up and so I could use a chain fall bolted to the seat bolts in the floor to lift the body off. Problaby took a little over an hour to get the body off as I've never done it before. That was after getting everything disconnected, not total time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srtpusher View Post
i can't wait till i do mine!!!! just 18 more months to pay on the durango!!!

quick related question. if i have a 2wd durango, i can use the engine and transmission - i would just need the transfer case, correct? or would i need to get the transmission off of a 4x4 hemi?
AEV recommends getting a powertrain out of a Grand or Commander. Something about the accessory placement on the truck motors not working out.
Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607325

Last edited by dsy; 09-17-2008 at 02:34 PM..
Unread 09-17-2008, 01:42 PM   #11
LittleBee
1985 CJ7 

wow just wow
LittleBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-17-2008, 01:55 PM   #12
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

That is just sexy. Thanks for the pics. Keep them coming. It looks like a new motor/tranny. Did you buy crate? Are you using the AEV kit?

ps - You are doing incredible for a first-timer. You can't be unfamiliar with auto mechanics though.
2007 JK Wrangler Unlimited (Black), 4" SuperliftRanchoExpress Lift, 36" Super Swamper Irok's covering 16" ProComp's, AFE CAI, FlowMaster 40 Series, Shrockworks Rock Sliders, Rock Hard line of undercarriage skids, Warn Powerplant, Shrockworks Mid-width front bumper, Dana 44 Front
Unread 09-17-2008, 02:08 PM   #13
dsy
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-Skydiver View Post
That is just sexy. Thanks for the pics. Keep them coming. It looks like a new motor/tranny. Did you buy crate? Are you using the AEV kit?

ps - You are doing incredible for a first-timer. You can't be unfamiliar with auto mechanics though.
I snagged a new crate motor off Ebay last Jan and have just been waiting for the AEV kit. The 545RFE tranny I got from a recycler with only 27 miles on it so really its new also. Not a mechanic, just always try and work on my own stuff. Reading the manuals is usually enough to get me into trouble.
Flame red unlimited Rubicon 5 speed 5-45RFE Auto , 35" KM2's, RCV front axles, 3 1/2" AEV premium lift, AEV snorkel, LoD front bumper with Warn powerplant,Full River Raider Alum skids, Marchal E-Code Lamps, 45qt Engel refrigerator / freezer, 09 Mygig w/ipod interface, Katzkin leather, ya its got a Hemi :-)http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=607325
Unread 09-17-2008, 02:10 PM   #14
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsy View Post
I snagged a new crate motor off Ebay last Jan and have just been waiting for the AEV kit. The 545RFE tranny I got from a recycler with only 27 miles on it so really its new also. Not a mechanic, just always try and work on my own stuff. Reading the manuals is usually enough to get me into trouble.
Very impressive, my friend.

Keep us with you every step of the way. You have our attention.
Unread 09-17-2008, 03:34 PM   #15
tx-Skydiver
1979 CJ5 

Would you mind making a list of items you bought with prices? I would love to have a realistic list of items truly needed and real pricing:

Example:

Engine: $3000
Tranny: $2000
AEV Kit: $5200
O-rings and hoses: $150
Clamps: $40
etc...

I would like to see all of the "little things" that will add up in the end...if yo are willing to part with that information.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.