Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Lights in the footwell...

3K views 15 replies 10 participants last post by  jdrogers 
#1 ·
Has anyone added lights in the front footwells of the JKs?
I found a write-up on another forum, but I was wondering if anyone had a different approach with installing them.:confused:

#2 ·
Why would you want lights in the floor board.Foot well:confused:

#3 ·
When its dark out and I drop something down in the footwell, it is very hard to find. Especially since the overhead lights dont do a good job of lighting it up down there by the feet.

#6 ·
Um...have you considered buying a flashlight? You can get one for a lot cheaper and with a lot less effort than adding lights to your jeep "down there".

Recommend getting an uber-cheap flashlight and keeping it in the little door area, and a nice flashlight locked in the center console.

#4 ·
Mine has one on the driver side from the factory. :thumbsup:

Maybe it's a consolation prize for buying one of the first ones made!!!

#5 ·
I found a nice little widget at good ol' autozone that would work nice. LED "tape".

I used a strip in the trunk of my old camaro (the stock light was mounted too low, and was always blocked by cargo). Lit it up like day. Its a very thin strip of flexible plastic with glue on one side. Just peel the backing and apply. I wired it directly to the stock lighting circuit. Be sure to mount it somewhere hidden so you arent blinded by it. When illuminated it looked like I had a fluorescent bulb hidden in my trunk.

#7 ·
I don't know if Harbor Freight has the same kind of stuff as our PrincessAuto (it seems to from what I hear) .. but, for $5 and about 10min of your time you can easily wire-up a light to the bottom of your dash to light-up the foot-well of your Jeep.

The door-switches should already be there waiting for you to tap into .. if not, the auto-wreckers have lots of vehicles to choose from to snag some switches. :thumbsup:

#9 ·
9 times out of 10 you have the factory plug on the drivers side, I do. Just buy the factory light for a liberty or TJ wranger, I think they will plug in. search the forums to be sure.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.