light bar suggestion - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > light bar suggestion

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-14-2012, 11:20 AM   #1
woof359
2012 JK Wrangler 

light bar suggestion

Im thinking of adding a front light bar, any one try this one ? dont want it to shimmy over bumpy roads. quadatrac give us any discounts ?

light-bar.jpg  
Unread 10-14-2012, 04:11 PM   #2
gumbellion
2007 JK Wrangler 

Just installed the same thing yesterday with KC Long range Apollos. Looks like the photo. Only piss off was that one of the bolts for attaching the bar to the mount was too short.
You dont actually have to take the bumper off either. I took the plastic dam off in the top between the bumper and the grill. To get it in again without taking the bumper off I had to trim it, but I think you will have to take a bit off the sides anyways. Then the lower airr dam i just removed the plugs so it was dangling and was able to do it pretty easily. with the install of the lights it took about 2.5 hours.
If you have questions I will post a good write up. I will post some photos in a bit
gumbellion is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 07:00 PM   #3
gumbellion
2007 JK Wrangler 

Finished

Cut cover behind bumper

Wires. Will clean up this week
Unread 10-14-2012, 07:15 PM   #4
superj
1987 YJ Wrangler 

is yours the same color as the ad? thats crazy if it is, ha ha ha.
Unread 10-14-2012, 10:51 PM   #5
woof359
2012 JK Wrangler 

looks like a good job, is it solid ? thanks for the info
Unread 10-21-2012, 04:33 PM   #6
gumbellion
2007 JK Wrangler 

Yeah the exact same colour as the add.
I went out of town this weekend and put about 200km of bush road driving on. Half of it at night. It really is a good unit for the price. My old jeep I had the light on the bumper and they were all over the map shaking at idle and not moving. These ones are pretty solid. The bar isnt going to hold up if you hammer a tree but will add some protection. Its nbot really thick material but this morning a 250lb guy pulled a sit/lean on the bar. It didnt do anything to it but I told him to get off right away.
What it boils down to is that I am happy with my purchase, install is easier than the directions they give and does as advertised. Works well, I think it looks good, holds lights, and was cheap. Im looking at a new vehicle in the next 2 years I figure so dont want to put a huge amount of money into the jeep I will never get back.
Unread 10-27-2012, 12:02 PM   #7
woof359
2012 JK Wrangler 

its here

Quote:
Originally Posted by woof359 View Post
Im thinking of adding a front light bar, any one try this one ? dont want it to shimmy over bumpy roads. quadatrac give us any discounts ?
got one today, Its a lot heavier than I thought so Im pleased with that, I guess Ill go with 5 inch hellas again, thanks for the info
Unread 10-27-2012, 01:50 PM   #8
shin0bi1
2012 JK Wrangler 

I like my MBRP light bar. I order the wrong kit and quadratec exchanged it with no issue
I have a '12 JKUR btw
image-2535795601.jpg   image-2183487157.jpg  
shin0bi1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-02-2013, 12:51 PM   #9
woof359
2012 JK Wrangler 

for the price

its not bad for the price, a little wobble on rough roads but the lights seem to be steady,, its just the mounting; lost one bulb , not sure if was just defective or the wobbling

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.