Lifted 4 door JK's Only! - Page 52 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lifted 4 door JK's Only!

Savvy/Currie Aluminum Control ArmsRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 06-10-2010, 12:20 PM   #766
Romad
2009 JK Wrangler 

Some driveway/poser pics

Unread 06-10-2010, 04:05 PM   #767
JeepMan1975
2008 JK Wrangler 

Would you guys believe that each state has a height limit for vehicles? In other words, bumpers can not be more than ______ inches from the ground. It varies from state to state.

And since I don't want to take away from this thread... (no, it's NOT mine):

Specs are: MOPAR 2 1/2 Inch lift kit, Black steelies, 35" tires BFG AT, MOPAR offroad bar and MOPAR off road lights.

Last edited by JeepMan1975; 06-10-2010 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: No free advertising for dealerships that don't contribute
JeepMan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 04:26 PM   #768
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepMan1975 View Post
Would you guys believe that each state has a height limit for vehicles? In other words, bumpers can not be more than ______ inches from the ground. It varies from state to state.

Yes, but there is no bumper law here in TX. But there is a min/max height of headlights, taillights, and fog lights

Texas Lift Laws | Vehicle Modification Laws

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Hers: '08 X Red Rock, soft top, auto. Bunch of mods

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlgraham View Post
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
N2rock is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 04:42 PM   #769
JeepMan1975
2008 JK Wrangler 

Yep, N2rock, you're right. Different states have different laws regarding vehicle mods.

JeepMan1975 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 05:16 PM   #770
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Why are you showing us Jeeps at a Dealership!
Thats like showing us Kids at an orphanage and suggesting we take one home!
Poor little Jeeps.

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 05:27 PM   #771
DaBee859

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLC08JK View Post
Why are you showing us Jeeps at a Dealership!
Thats like showing us Kids at an orphanage and suggesting we take one home!
Poor little Jeeps.
I wanna take a jeep home!
2004 Dodge Rumble Bee #859 - Crane 216 Cam - Summit 20% UD Pulley - Pacesetter Mid Headers - Moes Ported TB - Jet 180 T-Stat - K&N FPIK - Zex 125 Shot w/Goodies

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
DaBee859 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-10-2010, 07:40 PM   #772
erocksnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
Not really. Cops love to use "little things" like broken tail lights, broken headlights, etc as an excuse to pull someone over to check them out. The cops catch a lot of bigger stuff (drugs, weapons, warrants, etc) by pulling people over for the little things.
"broken headlight" and "broken taillights" are extremly good reasons to pull someone over...pulling someone over because you 'think' their vehicle may be equipped with a third brake light is another story. anyways...
Colorado Jeep Club Member #67

2007 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited...sold
erocksnow is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #773
Viperus
1988 MJ Comanche 

My new toy

Unread 06-11-2010, 02:18 PM   #774
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

uh huh... already referring to it as your "toy". Dude- you are so broke!

His: '07 Unlimited X, Jeep Green, Hardtop, auto, 5.13, 2.5" RC lift and too many mods to list

Quote:
If you made a snuggy out of a Shamwow, ....would you have to get up off the couch to pee?
Quote:
At this point if Obama tried to move a little to the right, he would trip over Stalin's corpse.
Unread 06-11-2010, 02:57 PM   #775
McKBrew
JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2rock View Post
Not really. Cops love to use "little things" like broken tail lights, broken headlights, etc as an excuse to pull someone over to check them out. The cops catch a lot of bigger stuff (drugs, weapons, warrants, etc) by pulling people over for the little things.
Yep.

Being in the military we hear about DUI's a lot. Also get stories behind the DUI's.

One of the most recent ones the guy initially got pulled over because the officer thought his Jeep bumper might be too far off the ground. Guy had been driving the Jeep that way for 3 years. But this time around he happened to be driving at O dark thirty in the morning, and the officer found a reason to stop him. My guess, is had he not been drunk, he probably would have been sent on his way with a warning at most.

It's just something to keep in mind. Chances are you might not be within state laws on certain parts of your vehicle and you'll be left alone. If you are driving around after dark, it's a different story and you'd better hope you haven't been drinking.
McKBrew is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-11-2010, 04:03 PM   #776
OregonVette
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viperus View Post
My new toy

Great looking rig. Is that a 2010? They discontinued the Rescue Green color for all models (except mountain sticker ones???)

Anyway, I love your Jeep. I wish we had those bumpers & diesel. Rescue Green Sahara is my favorite color/model combo. I love that look (modest modest modest)
It's hard to give you good advice at this point. It's almost like you're saying, "I want to have sex, but don't want to get her pregnant. I can't afford condoms, so for now I just want to use Saran Wrap. What brand would you recommend?"
OregonVette is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-12-2010, 03:13 AM   #777
Viperus
1988 MJ Comanche 

Quote:
Originally Posted by OregonVette View Post
Great looking rig. Is that a 2010? They discontinued the Rescue Green color for all models (except mountain sticker ones???)

Anyway, I love your Jeep. I wish we had those bumpers & diesel. Rescue Green Sahara is my favorite color/model combo. I love that look (modest modest modest)
Thanks, no it's the -08. Dono tbh, they are really hard to find, and if you do you have to be really fast cause they get sold in a matter of hours.

Thats kinda funny cause i wish i had your bumpers
Unread 06-14-2010, 02:50 PM   #778
N2rock
2007 JK Wrangler 

jgarner- you hotlinked to pictures over on jk-forum. Not only is that a big no-no Those pictures will not show up on this forum

Quote:
Quote:
Unread 06-15-2010, 06:23 AM   #779
jgarner
2008 JK Wrangler 

PRESENT : 2008 Rubicon Unlimited | Rescue Green | OME HD Long Travel Kit w/ 40+ Coils| 37 x 12.5 BFG KM2s | Spidertrax Spacers | ProComp Extreme Alloy Wheels | Poison Spyder BFH Front Bumper | ARB Hi-Flow On Board Air | sPOD | Cobra CB
jgarner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-15-2010, 11:32 AM   #780
Chuck_Bullitt
2009 JK Wrangler 

Some recent pics of mine. 2"BB on 35's.

Tags
4 door , image , JK Wrangler , lifted , photos , pictures , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.