Lifted 4 door JK's Only! - Page 34 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lifted 4 door JK's Only!

Rugged Ridge 07-14 JK Sherpa Roof Rack available @ Oconee Rough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Great prices on seating!--Oconee Off-Road

Unread 03-26-2010, 04:32 PM   #496
Geeper4x4
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxRacingJMC View Post
Hello All,
New to the forum here, looking forward to talking to some new people and getting more knowledge on my JK. I currently have a stock 2010 JK. Purchased 2" poly spacers and i'm running 33"x12.50's on a 17x9 rim with 4.25" BS.

Person putting them on at the shop says that they are most likely going to rub. I have spoken to numerous companies/manufacturers including the place i got them from and they said it should not rub with a 2" lift. He says i might need extended sway bar links. Any thoughts or reassurance that they wont rub?
Will not rub!

Unread 03-27-2010, 08:58 AM   #497
Liquor
BOUNTY HUNTER

2007 JK Wrangler 

on a smooth road its a dream. but I-70 in colorado and utah can get bad. the coil-overs are very flex and will move around a lot when the road is bad. expansion joints that arent level with the road will cycle the suspension. the jeep will sway left to right and back to left. other than that all is great. i got on the I-15 to vegas and the jeep rode great at 80 mph. able to take the curves at posted speed without too much body roll

i head to moab tomorrow. wheeling moday with poly performance and crew that day. will detail how it is on the trails.

Full Build Thread

2002 TJ Sport - Sold

"CAIN" • '07 Jeep JK • 426 HEMI 685 HP & 650 ft lbs
Facebook • Twitter • YouTube

MrDeids.com • Your Jeep and Gaming Social Network
2012 Sponsors:
Pitbull Tires • Poison Spyder Customs • Poly Performance • Rigid Industries • Rock Krawler Suspension • Spiderweb Shade
Magazine Feature:
2007 Jeep Wrangler - 426 Hemi JK - All The Right Stuff • Oct, '11
Liquor is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:09 AM   #498
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

this is probably too late, but

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post
on a smooth road its a dream. but I-70 in colorado and utah can get bad. the coil-overs are very flex and will move around a lot when the road is bad. expansion joints that arent level with the road will cycle the suspension. the jeep will sway left to right and back to left. other than that all is great. i got on the I-15 to vegas and the jeep rode great at 80 mph. able to take the curves at posted speed without too much body roll

i head to moab tomorrow. wheeling moday with poly performance and crew that day. will detail how it is on the trails.
Unless you didn't put the coil spring "ISOLATORS" back on top of the spacers and your shocks are shot---THERE SHOLDN'T BE ANY BODY MOVEMENT---

If the front springs are installed correctly and the spacers/isoloators are in place--the ride should handle any road, without shudder

JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2010, 09:12 AM   #499
mattman8706
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquor View Post

I am excited to hear how she does off road.

My Build Thread
JK Tech
mattman8706 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 10:53 AM   #500
Gunnison
2002 WJ 

Just bought my 2010 Rubi 4dr last week. I am interested in the 3.5AEV suspension but only want to run 33s for power/mpg/road handling reason (lots of hwy driving). The 3.8L with auto and 4:10 at 8000ft elevation in Colorado sucks!

I am worried that the 3.5 and 33s will look 'over-lifted' or 'under-tired'

Anyone running a 3-3.5" lift with 33s?

Poser side photos please!

Gunnison

Previous Jeeps: 57 Willys, 74 J-10, 76 J-20, 80 CJ7, 91 XJ, 97 ZJ, 97 TJ, 00 TJ, 06 LJ Rubicon, 2010 JK Rubicon 4dr.
Gunnison is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 11:56 AM   #501
s1edneck700
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnison View Post
Just bought my 2010 Rubi 4dr last week. I am interested in the 3.5AEV suspension but only want to run 33s for power/mpg/road handling reason (lots of hwy driving). The 3.8L with auto and 4:10 at 8000ft elevation in Colorado sucks!

I am worried that the 3.5 and 33s will look 'over-lifted' or 'under-tired'

Anyone running a 3-3.5" lift with 33s?

Poser side photos please!

Gunnison
Don't waste your time with 33's. If you want 3.5" of lift you want 35's.
s1edneck700 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #502
yoda13
Force Wheeler

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by s1edneck700 View Post
Don't waste your time with 33's. If you want 3.5" of lift you want 35's.
yeah, what he said, totally...
2007 White Jeep Wrangler X-auto, black freedom top, 15x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawlers, 33x12.5x15 BFG KM2s, Superchips Flashpaq, 2" OME Spring Lift, Bilsteins, Rusty's Adjustable front and rear trac-bar, JKS Quicker Disconnects, Rusty's adjustable lower control arms (front and rear), PolyPerformance adjustable upper control arms (front and rear), OEM Rubicon Rock Rails, Finishlinewest Stonehenge Series rear bumper, Smittybuilt winch, Body Armor Front High Clearance Bumper w/ KC Highlights mounted, Roadmaster towbar, Valley 2" receiver hitch, Skid Row Engine Transmission skid, sPod switching system, KC Highlights windshield mounted lights, Delta replacement non-quadbar xenon headlamps, and Bestop saddlebags-Member of the United Four Wheel Drive Association and Blue Ribbon Coalition, †John 3:16†

RIP Mrs. yoda13... My life is better for having had you in it and you made me a better man...I can't wait to see you again...I love you always and forever, and for all eternity

If you want to help the sport of off-roading, and protect your right to do so, please visit the Envirobeat
forum...

yoda13 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:34 AM   #503
1fast400
2008 JK Wrangler 

I'm new to jeeps. I wanted a summer toy and this is what I ended up getting. Here is a list of the mods the previous owner said had been done:

AEM Brute force cold air intake
Jet Stage II performance chip
Cobra PA/CB with loudspeaker
4’’ pro comp coil lift
Smitty built step bars
Rugged Ridge locking gas cap
35’’ Toyo MT tires W/ 4 Wheel Parts warranty
20’’ KMC Rockstars
Xenon Fenders custom painted to match body
Custom smoked taillights and blinkers
30% carbon window tint on driver and passenger windows
Ultra bright headlight bulbs and for bumper lights also
Inside of hardtop painted black
Hoist-A-Top system for hard top storage
Weathertec Floor mats
Bestop Wind duster for bed (plus extender)
Trailer hitch

I just put in 5.13 gears which was a huge improvement. Anyone that lifts a 4 door auto and goes to 35's, this is a must. All I see adding at this point is a new horn and a 2010 soft top to have.
1fast400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:41 AM   #504
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1fast400 View Post
That is one good looking clean Jeep. Welcome to this forum & enjoy.
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:43 AM   #505
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

If THAT is all you see adding on at this point you must be blind! lol
Vertisce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 09:55 AM   #506
1fast400
2008 JK Wrangler 

Car is a poser car. It isn't going off road. Kid got a speeding ticket and dad made him sell his toy. I'm a drag racing guy, not an off road guy. If I didn't buy it the way I did, wouldn't have gotten a rubi. I'm just using it to screw around in. I'm sure that sends a cringe up a jeep purist spine, but just being honest. I just don't see a need, unless I'm unaware of something, that I need to do.
1fast400 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 10:54 AM   #507
jdawg
2007 JK Wrangler 

1fast400, regardless it is a nice looking Jeep and there is nothing wrong with looking good! I like the all black look and who knows, maybe you will take it offraod and get the bug and continue to upgrade. Have fun with it!!!!!
jdawg is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 11:24 AM   #508
JLC08JK
What was I thinking?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Car is a poser car. It isn't going off road. Kid got a speeding ticket and dad made him sell his toy. I'm a drag racing guy, not an off road guy. If I didn't buy it the way I did, wouldn't have gotten a rubi. I'm just using it to screw around in. I'm sure that sends a cringe up a jeep purist spine, but just being honest. I just don't see a need, unless I'm unaware of something, that I need to do.
WARNING: You have just purchased a Jeep, not a "Car", a "Jeep"!!!
This purchase has allowed a disease to begin manifesting itself within your brain. You will soon have symptoms such as but not limited to, (step bars aren't enough, I need rock sliders), (who ever thought that plastic bumpers are good), (now I need a winch), and the ever so popular (will 40's fit with a 4" lift?)
This disease will continue to affect your life until your pockets are empty and your Jeep is a Beast!!!!

PS: Please don't start another "wave thread", thank you and welcome to the club

99% of Your JK Questions will be Answered Here
JK F.A.Q./WILL IT RUB and Popular Threads

Protect Our Rights to Freedom and the Environment
Visit the EnviroBeat
JLC08JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-05-2010, 05:00 PM   #509
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Warning - I was a fast car guy. Drags, Solo II, the works. Long story short, even though I still have one fast car left, as soon as it sells I will be officially out of fast cars and entirely about off roading. Haven't done a track event in at least four years now.
Unread 04-05-2010, 06:39 PM   #510
Charles
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is my lifted 4 door JK

And sometime later

Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 door , image , JK Wrangler , lifted , photos , pictures , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.