Lifted 4 door JK's Only! - Page 209 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lifted 4 door JK's Only!

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsLight up the holidays with LED lights from JeepHutIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 07-31-2013, 09:18 AM   #3121
Mol
Disclaimer: I'm Polish

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by csm41 View Post
Where were you in those pics? Just curious, as I am here in NE Ohio.
Pics 1&2 are in Slade, KY, pic 3 is a friends property near Coshocton, OH

Mol is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:20 AM   #3122
FunkyWJ
2001 WJ 

Mol, I'm curious to hear why you don't like Nitto. I was just wanting to hear your opinion, not a Nitto fan boy defending them. Yes, they are a mall crawler tire. I feel like my Jeep would need some rockstars, chrome, and fox/monster stickers to run them.

I've wheeled with people who run, MTZ's and Coopers, they worked really well. No experience with Toyo, but I've heard nothing but good about them, apart from their weight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
Nittos are ****...before the JK, they existed only for ******bags with lifted diesel trucks, flat billed hats, and monster energy stickers.

Before someone pipes in and says that they got a sixth place in KOH, I'll nip that right in the bud: its sixth place, since when is that impressive? And when nitto is the biggest sponsor of the ultra4 series, they oughta do better than that...they're spending tons of money to get these guys to run their junk *** tires, they're bound to get results eventually.

The Toyo open country, mickey Thompson mtz, and cooper discoverer stt are all good tires. The mickeys are a bit pricey, though. If I'm buying a 37" or smaller dual purpose tire with on road being the heavy primary use, its the cooper every time.
FunkyWJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 11:54 AM   #3123
n3tfury

Lol, first I've heard of Nitto being a **** tire. Good thing we can all voice our opinions!
n3tfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:10 PM   #3124
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Probably because you're surrounded strictly by JK owners...

I should clarify, the trail grappler is not a **** tire (the mud grappler is the **** tire, and the dune grappler shouldnt even be considered a tire) it is just extremely overrated within the JK forums. It's a heavy, hard compound tire that cleans for ****. At its price point, there are many much better choices.

It simply has become an Internet phenomenon...some guy somewhere had it on his lifted truck because it was the cheapest cool looking tire he could find, and then with no real use, he talked about how awesome it was. So another guy bought it, proclaimed its dominance within the world of rubber, and so on.

It really is quite amazing how quick people are to speak to the quality of a product they have zero experience with. Am I to believe that every guy that says that trail grapplers, km2s, and mtr/ks are worth looking at has used all three, or should I assume that he's repeating what he's read on the Internet?
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:13 PM   #3125
n3tfury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol View Post
Probably because you're surrounded strictly by JK owners...

This is correct! I'm glad you clarified because the Trail Grappler and the Toyo OC are on my very short list of 35's. Unless there's an equally good tire that's close to a true 35"?
n3tfury is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 12:29 PM   #3126
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

I wasn't sure what to think of the toyos before we bought a set for the TJ...they have been great on the trail (way better than the cut TSL SXs we ran previously), and they ride around town way better than the swampers. I still like the Mickeys better, but that's comparing a 12.5 width to a 15.5...kind of apples to oranges, both in size and cost. The MTZ is too pricey to compare.

Toyo
1375291434521.jpg

Mickey 1375291468609.jpg

Cooper 1375291591395.jpg

TSL SX
1375291646782.jpg

KM2
1375291720391.jpg

Sorry for the hijack...
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:15 PM   #3127
jp07blkE85

2013 JK Wrangler 

315/70R17 Goodyear duratracs/Fuel Trophy anthracite/black, teraflex 2.5 + LCAs + trackbar. Pics is from right after the install ( which is why it is still clean).
dayafterlift-apr2013.jpg

'13 true blue JKU sport softtop Fuel-Trophy D552 wheels, Goodyear-Duratrac 315/70/17 tires, TeraFlex-2.5coillift/trackbar/uca/tirecarrier/tailgatehinge/.5rearguidespacer w/ Fox shocks, Evo gussets, K&N filter, AEV procal(tires+DRL),Mopar taillight guard/fuel cover, Smittybilt classic slider with steps. Spod, RigidIndustries-dualyspot/verticalmount, antennaX-CBstyle.

RIP: 07 WK black 4.7 V8 Limited + RK 3.5, Bilstein B6 HD, Duratrac 245/70/17E, XD Misfit, black grille + insert, mopar skid plates + tow hooks, 500 Black Magics, 4xguard front guard + rock rails, AVS wind deflectors, Hella 9005/9006 +black headlights, 05 WK black Hemi limited, 03 WJ HO black , 00 WJ laredo X black, 97 TJ black.
jp07blkE85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-31-2013, 05:31 PM   #3128
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Good looking jeep, like those wheels...wonder if they're made in 8 lug?
Unread 08-01-2013, 09:54 AM   #3129
DBA2GO
2008 JK Wrangler 

That True Blue looks almost black in that pic. Good looking Jeep.
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:05 PM   #3130
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Haven't posted a shot of the Short Bus in awhile. From a Moab club run mid-April, Behind The Rocks:

SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 12:33 PM   #3131
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Haven't posted a shot of the Short Bus in awhile. From a Moab club run mid-April, Behind The Rocks:

Very nice
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:52 PM   #3132
Repauli1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mol
Nittos are ****...before the JK, they existed only for ******bags with lifted diesel trucks, flat billed hats, and monster energy stickers.

Before someone pipes in and says that they got a sixth place in KOH, I'll nip that right in the bud: its sixth place, since when is that impressive? And when nitto is the biggest sponsor of the ultra4 series, they oughta do better than that...they're spending tons of money to get these guys to run their junk *** tires, they're bound to get results eventually.

The Toyo open country, mickey Thompson mtz, and cooper discoverer stt are all good tires. The mickeys are a bit pricey, though. If I'm buying a 37" or smaller dual purpose tire with on road being the heavy primary use, its the cooper every time.
FEEL BETTER now that's off your chest? :-) lol
Unread 08-02-2013, 01:54 PM   #3133
Repauli1
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTPhoto

Thanks.... Here is the new look ...
Much better! Didn't like the first bumper, looks like a Durango bumper... Ekkkk
Unread 08-02-2013, 03:54 PM   #3134
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by n3tfury View Post
Lol, first I've heard of Nitto being a **** tire. Good thing we can all voice our opinions!
Yes, me too. They appear to be round (as opposed to my MTR/Ks, which are multi-dimensional in one plane) and very capable on the trail. Guys at HC4x4P in Denver all run 'em.
SoK66 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-02-2013, 04:05 PM   #3135
Mol

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoK66 View Post
Looks like a fun trail!

Tags
4 door , image , JK Wrangler , lifted , photos , pictures , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.