Lifted 4 door JK's Only! - Page 152 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lifted 4 door JK's Only!

6th Annual, Beat Your Wife to the Credit Card Sale!FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-13-2012, 07:59 PM   #2266
Joiner
2011 JK Wrangler 

Hissman, I like your set up, looks cool! The looks of the Grapplers on the stock 18" wheels looks good.

Joiner is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:31 PM   #2267
rubiguy
2012 J-Series Truck 

I don't think even with the extra horse power it will run good? Also do I stick with the 17" rims ?? I think I'm going to take a survey and see what gears would work the best with my motor and the size rime and tire??
rubiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-13-2012, 08:58 PM   #2268
Joiner
2011 JK Wrangler 

Mine are 17" wheels. I would not go bigger than a 18". The wheel should not matter. it will be the tire size that effects your power and MPG. Here is a pic of my 17" wheels
img955035.jpg  
Unread 08-13-2012, 09:16 PM   #2269
calys003
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HISSMAN
Finally!
2011 JKU
Mods: Zone 3" Lift springs and shocks Installed today -- Spidertrax 1.5" Wheel spacers -- Stock Sahara 18" Wheels -- Nitto Trail Grappler 35X12.5X18 -- OE Tire Carrier tailgate supports -- Tire carrier bump stops for full size spare -- Moved 3rd brake light higher --CB, yadda yadda. Oh, new front Highrock 4X4 High Access bumper is on it's way ;-)

Sorry for the lame Cell phone pics. I just picked her up and parked it outside of my office.

-Jeff
What grille inserts do you have?
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:28 AM   #2270
Recon26
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joiner
Mine are 17" wheels. I would not go bigger than a 18". The wheel should not matter. it will be the tire size that effects your power and MPG. Here is a pic of my 17" wheels
What wheels are those?

Sent from my iPhone on the toilet
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:30 AM   #2271
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

hey yall. What are you all doing for mirrors when you go doorless? I don't do it that often, but when I do, I'm looking for a cheap mirror and mount. Any ideas or ? thanks everyone.
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:14 AM   #2272
NYCunlimited10
2009 JK Wrangler 

Here's Mine.
jk-arb-after.jpg  
2009 Silver JKU, Auto4x4, Painted Hardtop, Teraflex Sliders, 2.5 RC BB, RC Spacers, 315/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac, MBRP Tire Carrier Extension, AEV Snorkel, IPF 968, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, Hella700FF, ARB Deluxe Bumper, Bilstein 5100's, PSC EVAP Skid, Riddler Diff Covers, Nitro Axle Sleeves, Synergy C Gussets, Axle/Trans Bellows, Teraflex Bump Stops
NYCunlimited10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:17 AM   #2273
bearman95

I did not notice any real drop in power with my 35's, 12 auto with 373's.
bearman95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 01:19 AM   #2274
bearman95

Here's a pic with 2.5 teraflex lift and 35's
image-2838642319.jpg  
bearman95 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:36 AM   #2275
rubiguy
2012 J-Series Truck 

Really no lose in power!! How about the mpgs??
rubiguy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 07:41 AM   #2276
jeepnpr
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCunlimited10 View Post
Here's Mine.

Nice looking jeep
I noticed in your discription that your top is painted, but the pic looks like it is "2 toned" silver on the sides and black on top.
Is that right or just the way the pic came out?
jeepnpr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:43 AM   #2277
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joiner View Post
Hissman, I like your set up, looks cool! The looks of the Grapplers on the stock 18" wheels looks good.
Thanks! I was worried about the look before I did it. But now I am very happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calys003 View Post
What grille inserts do you have?
It is actually just Gutter guard that you can buy from Home depot. I think I have about $10.00 invested in it.

Here is a poser pic that I took yesterday where I work...I need to find a big rock to get on top of. Really I was just wanting to see if I could stuff the rear tire into the fender without rubbing..Mission accomplished. (Note: My Highrock 4X4 High Access bumper is now installed and coated with bedliner!).

HISSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 08:51 AM   #2278
HISSMAN
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by janders82 View Post
Looks awesome!

i know you haven't had it long, but let me know how you like that Zone 3" lift. lots of mixed reviews out there.
So far so good. I've had it off-road at some coal mines that I travel to and no issues with rubbing or anything and it sits relatively level except when I have a full tank of fuel. Then the Right rear sags about a 3/4". I think that is normal though.
HISSMAN is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 08-14-2012, 10:25 AM   #2279
Joiner
2011 JK Wrangler 

They are Method Racing wheels. 304 Double Standard
Unread 08-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #2280
NYCunlimited10
2009 JK Wrangler 

Jeepnpr Nice looking jeep I noticed in your discription that your top is painted, but the pic looks like it is "2 toned" silver on the sides and black on top. Is that right or just the way the pic came out?

Yes it is painted. Mine is an 09. Tops did not come painted in 09. I brought it to my local guy and told him to paint it up to the line between the sides and top. My whole theme has basically been a two-tone black/silver jk. I really liked the old two tone land rovers and toyota's and wanted to go with the same idea. It required sanding and filling to smooth out. The top part is the stock oem textured black finish. I am very happy with the result and get alot of compliments.. probably more if painted tops were less common place. I will take another photo that is more clear showing the back as well. I was concerned about longevity but it has held up well.
jk-arb-after.jpg  
2009 Silver JKU, Auto4x4, Painted Hardtop, Teraflex Sliders, 2.5 RC BB, RC Spacers, 315/70/17 Goodyear Duratrac, MBRP Tire Carrier Extension, AEV Snorkel, IPF 968, Smittybilt XRC10 Winch, Hella700FF, ARB Deluxe Bumper, Bilstein 5100's, PSC EVAP Skid, Riddler Diff Covers, Nitro Axle Sleeves, Synergy C Gussets, Axle/Trans Bellows, Teraflex Bump Stops
NYCunlimited10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
4 door , image , JK Wrangler , lifted , photos , pictures , unlimited , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.