Lifted 2dr Pics - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lifted 2dr Pics

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineThe Solution to Radius Arm Bind - Meet Lock-N-LoadFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 06-17-2009, 09:49 PM   #46
av8er50
2008 JK Wrangler 

Ome

Edwin...
Any complaints with the OME and 35's? I have a '08 six speed that I'm thinking of doing the same combination. Any rubbing, or drive line issues? I see you have the HD, I know some have used the 4 dr kit on the 2 dr.

BTW awesome rig!

av8er50 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2009, 12:07 AM   #47
edwin907

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er50 View Post
Edwin...
Any complaints with the OME and 35's? I have a '08 six speed that I'm thinking of doing the same combination. Any rubbing, or drive line issues? I see you have the HD, I know some have used the 4 dr kit on the 2 dr.

BTW awesome rig!
Mine is the 2 door HD kit with 3/4 Skyjacker front and 10mm OME rear spacers. I have added the FT control arms/trackbars, crown extended brake lines, JE Reel 1310 HD front and 1350 rear driveshafts, RockKrawler tie rod/drag link, and it's very smooth at 80mph on the highway with 7.1 degrees of caster.
You definitely want 2" bumpstop extensions if running factory fenders, I have 1.5" custom aluminum blocks on the rear and it's nearly enough. Get the OME LT (long travel) shocks (weren't out yet when I built my kit), and if you want more lift, especially if you're going to be running heavy bumper/winch/spare tire maybe the Teraflex 3" coils instead of the OME coils and retainers for the coils on the rear.
A heavier rear sway might not be a bad idea if running more lift than I have (around 40.5" fender lip to pavement) assuming great street handling is important to you.
This setup is near perfect, but is a little limited on articulation, but it's more of a trail runner than a rock krawler.
Substitute flat fenders, stubby front bumper, the LT shocks, and coil retainers rather than the bump stop extensions and it would be more in the rock krawler style we see with so many of the Jeeps today.
edwin907 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2009, 01:25 AM   #48
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

Edwin did you ever replace your driveshafts? What what is your gear ratio?

Oh...and thanks for the sticky! Yay!
Vertisce is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:15 AM   #49
warCryr
2008 JK Wrangler 

Teraflex 2.5" BB

33" BF Goodrich KM2

17x8 Cragar soft 8

Unread 06-18-2009, 09:28 AM   #50
JkRyder
2008 JK Wrangler 

yes he did its the second line of the sentance
JkRyder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2009, 11:33 AM   #51
Deacon
2006 TJ Wrangler 

OK, as a TJ owner and one who's taken a little time to warm up to the JK, I have to say that's my favorite 2dr JK ever. Very nice

PS Where was that? Almost looks like Enchanted Rock area, but that's pretty far south from Richmond...

EDIT: Oh,
. Same general part of Texas, though it looks like it's about an hour and a half from Enchanted Rock. Looks nice
Deacon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2009, 11:39 AM   #52
av8er50
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin907 View Post
Mine is the 2 door HD kit with 3/4 Skyjacker front and 10mm OME rear spacers. I have added the FT control arms/trackbars, crown extended brake lines, JE Reel 1310 HD front and 1350 rear driveshafts, RockKrawler tie rod/drag link, and it's very smooth at 80mph on the highway with 7.1 degrees of caster.
You definitely want 2" bumpstop extensions if running factory fenders, I have 1.5" custom aluminum blocks on the rear and it's nearly enough. Get the OME LT (long travel) shocks (weren't out yet when I built my kit), and if you want more lift, especially if you're going to be running heavy bumper/winch/spare tire maybe the Teraflex 3" coils instead of the OME coils and retainers for the coils on the rear.
A heavier rear sway might not be a bad idea if running more lift than I have (around 40.5" fender lip to pavement) assuming great street handling is important to you.
This setup is near perfect, but is a little limited on articulation, but it's more of a trail runner than a rock krawler.
Substitute flat fenders, stubby front bumper, the LT shocks, and coil retainers rather than the bump stop extensions and it would be more in the rock krawler style we see with so many of the Jeeps today.

Great, thanks for all the details! I am really torn between 33's and 35's. My thoughts are OME coil kit and 33's or terraflex 3" kit with 35's. Like I said I have an '08 Rubicon (six speed), concerned I may regret the 35's due to power. Only reason I haven't bit the bullet yet on this purchase.
Anyway, thanks again!
Unread 06-18-2009, 08:37 PM   #53
edwin907

Quote:
Originally Posted by av8er50 View Post
Like I said I have an '08 Rubicon (six speed), concerned I may regret the 35's due to power.
You've got the 4.10 gears and 6 speed, if you really want the 35s go for them, gearing doesn't really fix the lack of HP anyway. With 4.88 gears the Jeep is a 6-speed, with 4.10 gears it's a 5 speed with a useful OD.

edwin907 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:43 PM   #54
BrettDez
2012 JK Wrangler 

Edwin,

You have any dirty pictures? All I've ever seen are the spotless brand new bumpers, wheels, and tires that are very shiny. I'd like to see her in action on the trail!!
"The Smurf": --Pic 1-- --Pic 2-- --Pic 3-- --Pic 4--
Previous Jeeps: --2007 Jeep Wrangler JK Rubicon-- --2003 Jeep Wrangler TJ Rubicon-- --1987 Jeep Wrangler YJ--
BrettDez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-18-2009, 09:44 PM   #55
av8er50
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwin907 View Post
You've got the 4.10 gears and 6 speed, if you really want the 35s go for them, gearing doesn't really fix the lack of HP anyway. With 4.88 gears the Jeep is a 6-speed, with 4.10 gears it's a 5 speed with a useful OD.

Good to know! I am leaning towards the 35's, they "fit" really good under the JK IMO...
Again thanks for the info!
Unread 06-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #56
LazySailor
2007 JK Wrangler 

edwin907....thats a mighty fine lookin jeep you have there....looks a lot like mine.
Unread 06-19-2009, 12:21 AM   #57
USAFRecon

Hey terrahawk, what corners are those that have the frenched round LEDs? When I get my JK I definitely will want to do that!
USAFRecon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-19-2009, 09:25 AM   #58
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAF01Sahara View Post
Hey terrahawk, what corners are those that have the frenched round LEDs? When I get my JK I definitely will want to do that!

River Raider crusher corners.
Unread 06-19-2009, 09:26 AM   #59
terrahawk
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firekite View Post
OK, as a TJ owner and one who's taken a little time to warm up to the JK, I have to say that's my favorite 2dr JK ever. Very nice

PS Where was that? Almost looks like Enchanted Rock area, but that's pretty far south from Richmond...

EDIT: Oh, Katemcy. Same general part of Texas, though it looks like it's about an hour and a half from Enchanted Rock. Looks nice
Yup, Katemcy. Damn shame that place is closed. Shane is trying find some new property, only time will tell.
Unread 06-22-2009, 08:25 PM   #60
Michele07JK
2007 JK Wrangler 

ok need help. have a 3.5 lift and getting 35x12.5 BFG KM2's. I would like to stay with a 15 inch rim but need advice on what brand will work (avoid brake rubbing and stuff) and how much backspacing. Going with 15 saves money in a big way!

Black Jeep Society
Member # 462

Jeep Girls!
Michele07JK is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
2 door , image , JK Wrangler , lifted , photos , picture , wrangler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.