Lift and tire/rim size question. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift and tire/rim size question.

Clayton Off Road WJ Long Arm Kits!Clayton Off Road - JK Prototype Gas Tank SkidTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 02-24-2010, 11:14 AM   #1
RainingThunder6
2005 TJ Wrangler 

Lift and tire/rim size question.

im looking to lift my jeep 2 inches. i think im going to go with the OME kit, but i want to keep my stock rims cause i don't have a lot of money right now. i also want to get the 32X10.50 Mickey Thompson MTZ tires but i don't know if they would fit with the 2inch lift. im very new to the whole jeep thing so any help is much appreciated

RainingThunder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:21 AM   #2
bigdobes
2009 JK Wrangler 

I have the 2.5" OME lift on my '09 Rubi and just upgraded to 35" tires. I checked to make sure I wasn't goiung to rub. You should be just fine with 32s'.
bigdobes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2010, 11:25 AM   #3
MrOrange
2009 JK Wrangler 

welcome to the Jeep scene. There's a lot of good information here on the forums and plenty of helpful people. One thing we do request is that you do a little research before posting just to make sure the info isn't already out there. At the top of the forum are some stickies which handle some of the more common questions like yours.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/faq-will-rub-610856/

Just for reference, any JK can run 32s with a stock suspension without an issue. Rubicon models come with 32s. As far as how wide can you got, you can check the tire size on a Rubicon as a good starting point and can even check the tire manufacturer's website on what size wheel the tire will fit on. If you go too wide you do run a risk of rubbing when at full turn. Hope this helps and don't forget to wave.
5.13 gears, ARB front locker, Currie front shafts
Bushwacker flat flares, Rubicon rails with steps added
MrOrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
Tornado
2008 JK Wrangler 

[QUOTE=MrOrange;8959232]Just for reference, any JK can run 32s with a stock suspension without an issue. QUOTE]

Notice he said "any JK" it looks like you have a TJ, you should go to the TJ section to research you question.

And welcome to the Jeep community!
Tornado is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2 inch , lift , micky thompson , ome

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.