Lift and Ride, Can you have both? RE or MC - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift and Ride, Can you have both? RE or MC

Advance Adapters SYE Kits~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Truc-Lite LED Headlights! OCONEE OFF-ROAD 706-534-9955

Unread 01-17-2014, 07:27 AM   #31
Luxx989

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianjw View Post
37s and 4.5" is way overkill for you. You'll spend a ton if money in the long run and just end up with problems trying to make it drive straight and chasing vibrations.
I'd recommend the AEV 2.5" lift, with geometry correction brackets, synergy full suspension bolt/hardware kit, and a quality adjustable front track bar. 35s max if you really think you have to. It should handle well, retain stock driveshafts, and hold up reasonably well for what you're doing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBasturd View Post
X2. Would be a good choice for this OP with 35's. Rides better than stock on road.
You may need a new front drive shaft at some point with anything >3".
Thanks, I appreciate the details

Luxx989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 09:55 AM   #32
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhatBasturd View Post
...You may need a new front drive shaft at some point with anything >3"...
Thatís true and an often overlooked fact. I had to on my í08 and now Iím getting a slight rumble on my í12.
Unread 01-17-2014, 02:51 PM   #33
Luxx989

I'm starting to agree with the 2.5" option - So with front and rear bumpers, winch, tire carrier. (admit idly for looks other than the winch) would I possibly need to think about a 3.5" to account for added weight that might pull it down a bit? If I go small with the 2.5", I'm gonna want to keep all of that 2.5" I'm gaining. The AEV 2.5" says up to 35", but so does their 3.5", up to 35" as well. I did not see where the Metalcloak specified, but I know I saw it somewhere I think?
Luxx989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 02:55 PM   #34
14Sport
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luxx989 View Post
I'm starting to agree with the 2.5" option - So with front and rear bumpers, winch, tire carrier. (admit idly for looks other than the winch) would I possibly need to think about a 3.5" to account for added weight that might pull it down a bit? If I go small with the 2.5", I'm gonna want to keep all of that 2.5" I'm gaining. The AEV 2.5" says up to 35", but so does their 3.5", up to 35" as well. I did not see where the Metalcloak specified, but I know I saw it somewhere I think?
With my 2.5 MC, I got 3.25" in the front and 3.5" in the rear, before the wheels. I have steel bumpers, tire carrier, sliders, winch, and hardtop on my 2-door.
14Sport is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:18 PM   #35
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

AEV springs are progressive and designed to provide lift with aftermarket bumpers and accessories.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 05:20 PM   #36
yjcrawlr
1990 YJ Wrangler 

My only advice would be build your jeep for its intended purpose! If not you will be throwing money away and you will not be satisfied with the end product. This is why my jku has a 2" lift and 33s. 37s are not practical for a daily driver unless you live real close to work or have really deep pockets.
90 YJ 102 in wb stretch, SOA, dana 60, 14 bolt welded,4.56s, 37in Parnelli jones dirt grips, currie twin stick dana 300, york oba, tractor link traction bar, full custom armor,poison spyder tube fenders, 95Cherokee High Output 4.0
2014 JKU, modified Rubicon Rails, RC stubby with warn 8000m, 2" leveling springs and OME trim spacers, Superchips Flashcal, Spidertrax wheel spacers, rubi shocks, and Lots more mods soon!!!
yjcrawlr is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.