Lift and Ride, Can you have both? RE or MC - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift and Ride, Can you have both? RE or MC

JK Front Lower Adjustable Control Arms!QTP Low Profile Cutouts Now @ MarylandSpeed- Free ShippingOPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!

Unread 01-14-2014, 07:15 PM   #16
Meep97
2009 JK Wrangler 

IMO, either do the Metalcloak GC 3.5" with OME shocks and 37"s or do the EVO coilovers and 37s if you're wanting to blow all this money. (coilovers can adjust height too)

But, if you're wanting to do all of this properly it will get pretty expensive fast (axles, gearing, tire carrier, armor, ect).

If you have unlimited amounts of money, I'd just give it to EVO and let them fix it all up for you.

2009 JK Wrangler Unlimited | Automatic | Currie Anti-Rock Front Swaybar | C-Gussets | MetalCloak 2.5 Coils | OME Shocks | Flat Fenders | M.O.R.E Front Bumper | Body Armor Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier | Rock Slide Engineering | Rock Hard Ultimate Sports Cage | DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust 39510 | XD Addicts 17" Rims | Guard Dogs 315/70/17
Meep97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:22 PM   #17
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep97 View Post
IMO, either do the Metalcloak GC 3.5" with OME shocks and 37"s or do the EVO coilovers and 37s if you're wanting to blow all this money. (coilovers can adjust height too)

But, if you're wanting to do all of this properly it will get pretty expensive fast (axles, gearing, tire carrier, armor, ect).

If you have unlimited amounts of money, I'd just give it to EVO and let them fix it all up for you.
evo makes coilovers? i thought they just resold kings and charged you like $500 for a bolt on bracket?
Maertz is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:32 PM   #18
Meep97
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maertz View Post
evo makes coilovers? i thought they just resold kings and charged you like $500 for a bolt on bracket?
Bad wording on my part. And hey, we're talking about blowing money for no reason here.
2009 JK Wrangler Unlimited | Automatic | Currie Anti-Rock Front Swaybar | C-Gussets | MetalCloak 2.5 Coils | OME Shocks | Flat Fenders | M.O.R.E Front Bumper | Body Armor Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier | Rock Slide Engineering | Rock Hard Ultimate Sports Cage | DynoMax Cat-Back Exhaust 39510 | XD Addicts 17" Rims | Guard Dogs 315/70/17
Unread 01-14-2014, 07:41 PM   #19
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Bad wording on my part. And hey, we're talking about blowing money for no reason here.
i know lol no hard feelings just giving you a hard time
Unread 01-14-2014, 09:20 PM   #20
Luxx989

I know it may sound like blowing money, I just figure if I'm gonna put on a lift, why not put on a good one? That is, if it is actually better. I may only need 2-1/2 lift with 35's? So far I have been leaning towards the MC lite with the OME shocks.
Luxx989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 03:34 AM   #21
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Nobody has mentioned the Rock Krawler RRD shocks. They have a nice travel and a nice ride for heavy JKUs. I like that they are all aluminum and can be upgraded with res any time.
Black 2011 JKU Rubicon/ 6spd w/5.13 gears/ 5.5" RK X-Factor Mid Arm (3.5") Springs, RRD Shocks/ Poly Inner/Outter Sleeves and C-Gussets/ Reid HD Knuckes/ 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" MB72s/ ACE Flat Fenders/ JCR Front Stubby Stinger, Rear Stubby Bumper and JCR Deluxe Sliders/ Warn 9.5 cti w/Syn line/ OR-Fab Swing Away Tire Carrier w/Fuel Can mounts

Oct 2012/Dec 2013 JKOTM

My work in progress:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/r...dated-2206865/

Couldn't have done it without Jason@KrawlOff-Road.com!!!
HOKIES2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 11:38 AM   #22
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

I love this forum. If you enquire about Rough Country you get bashed for wanting a "junk" lift. If you enquire about Metal Cloak you get bashed for wanting to "throw your money away". Can we make up our minds here peopel~!
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 12:07 PM   #23
Maertz
Hating Jk's Since 07'

2009 JK Wrangler 

There should be mire diy... Build not buy.
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:42 PM   #24
Meep97
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psycho-X-Jeep
I love this forum. If you enquire about Rough Country you get bashed for wanting a "junk" lift. If you enquire about Metal Cloak you get bashed for wanting to "throw your money away". Can we make up our minds here peopel~!
I don't know who said if you buy MC it's throwing away you money? MC has one of the most put together kits with the highest quality parts. In no way would I say anyone has thrown their money away purchasing a Metalcloak GC lift. The part I said about throwing money away would be with fancy King coilovers. Hell, if I had money to burn, I would probably go with coilovers. But on a more reasonable side, if what he is looking for is a quality lift with quality ride, MC is the way to go.
Unread 01-15-2014, 01:57 PM   #25
ferninaz
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I don't know who said if you buy MC it's throwing away you money? MC has one of the most put together kits with the highest quality parts. In no way would I say anyone has thrown their money away purchasing a Metalcloak GC lift. The part I said about throwing money away would be with fancy King coilovers. Hell, if I had money to burn, I would probably go with coilovers. But on a more reasonable side, if what he is looking for is a quality lift with quality ride, MC is the way to go.
Or a ProComp kit. Those things are bad ***.
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-15-2014, 02:16 PM   #26
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

AEV 3.5 is another good choice. Itís basically easy to install and works great on and off road.

JK Wrangler dash mount for Cellphones, GPS units, GoPro cameras, Spot devices etc.
1222 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 12:15 AM   #27
Luxx989

I see how the small % of off road time makes it seem like I just want it to look cool. But I'm not looking for a 6" lift and huge tires that take all the power away without gearing and ruin my mpg completely. I actually do go up to the mountains on occasion (6 hour drive for me to Colorado, Same 6 hours to New Mexico), drag my 4-wheelers to the dunes (2 hour drive), go to the lake (1 hour drive), meet up at the riverbed (1 hour drive), have farm and ranch land that I must be able to get around on (1 hour drive), Hunting (1 hour drive), Camping (1-1/2 hour drive). I live in a flat, middle of nowhere, have to travel to do anything fun kinda place. That's a lot of miles to have a little bit of fun, so I do care about highway or street ride because I'm not gonna trailer anything I can drive! But at the same time, I'm not going to go scrape the body of a $40k plus toy across any rocks, I gotta work to pay for the thing first! I do appreciate the opinions on the lifts themselves though. So thanks
Luxx989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 01:16 AM   #28
HOKIES2010
Web Wheeler

2011 JK Wrangler 

Wow the OP here has not been a ****** like so many of these which lift threads we see in here and yet he got plenty of ******bag responses.
Black 2011 JKU Rubicon/ 6spd w/5.13 gears/ 5.5" RK X-Factor Mid Arm (3.5") Springs, RRD Shocks/ Poly Inner/Outter Sleeves and C-Gussets/ Reid HD Knuckes/ 37" Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" MB72s/ ACE Flat Fenders/ JCR Front Stubby Stinger, Rear Stubby Bumper and JCR Deluxe Sliders/ Warn 9.5 cti w/Syn line/ OR-Fab Swing Away Tire Carrier w/Fuel Can mounts

Oct 2012/Dec 2013 JKOTM

My work in progress:http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/r...dated-2206865/

Couldn't have done it without Jason@KrawlOff-Road.com!!!
HOKIES2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 02:11 AM   #29
PhatBasturd
Web Wheeler

1976 CJ7 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
AEV 3.5 is another good choice. It’s basically easy to install and works great on and off road.
X2. Would be a good choice for this OP with 35's. Rides better than stock on road.

You may need a new front drive shaft at some point with anything >3".

You may also want to regear at some point as well. Since you have a 2014 3.6 I'd lift it and drive it for awhile before deciding on gears.

Sent from my over priced iPhone.
PhatBasturd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-17-2014, 03:23 AM   #30
brianjw
2012 JK Wrangler 

37s and 4.5" is way overkill for you. You'll spend a ton if money in the long run and just end up with problems trying to make it drive straight and chasing vibrations.

I'd recommend the AEV 2.5" lift, with geometry correction brackets, synergy full suspension bolt/hardware kit, and a quality adjustable front track bar. 35s max if you really think you have to. It should handle well, retain stock driveshafts, and hold up reasonably well for what you're doing.
brianjw is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.