lift questions if anyone knows - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > lift questions if anyone knows

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 09-27-2014, 07:48 PM   #1
Jodyblip
2012 JK Wrangler 

lift questions if anyone knows

my question/concern

a kit such as 3.5 AEV comes complete with most everything (other than adjustable control arms) needed to correct issues that occur when lifting mainly the steering correction , track bar brackets , drop brackets for front control arm caster and ride quality

MY QUESTION

will a properly equipped 3.5 kit like above corner and steer and feel safer more stable than lets say a 2 inch spring lift with is too low for most of the above geometry correction thingies

I would like to stay in the 2 inch range as I don't plan on running tires much bigger than stock but if its gonna handle like crap in comparison then I will go with a higher better equipped kit

also for the record I had a 2008 with 3.5 AEV kit now I have a 2012 bone stock and I don't really need to go as high but again if its gonna ride like buttholes then I might as well.

anyone have any relevant info?

(please baby jesus don't start the bump stop feud in my thread and get it locked)

Jodyblip is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2014, 07:59 AM   #2
Jodyblip
2012 JK Wrangler 

bump
Unread 09-28-2014, 08:49 AM   #3
white_2003
1971 CJ5 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jodyblip
(please baby jesus don't start the bump stop feud in my thread and get it locked)
Awesome.

I have a 2" lift on my 2012 sport. I installed Rubicon springs and shocks and leveled it out with teraflex spacers. In my opinion the setup I run works perfect. The ride quality was greatly improved and there was no compromising on road manners.

I have not driven or ridden in a JK equipped with the AEV 3.5" lift so you will have to use your previous experience on that.
'48 CJ2a currently under construction. (Wedding present)
white_2003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2014, 09:32 AM   #4
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

Why don't you go with the 2.5 AEV? Good price and the geo brackets still work so it feels great. My dad has it in his and raves about it
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2014, 09:34 AM   #5
Jodyblip
2012 JK Wrangler 

that is one of the lifts im conidering the 2.5 aev
Unread 09-28-2014, 11:03 AM   #6
AlbertaJeeper
2013 JK Wrangler 

From what I've heard it rides just as well as the 3.5 you're used to so I would say it would be a good option for a lower height. Metalcloak is supposed to ride and perform very well but any quotes I've gotten for it put a comparable 2.5 around twice the cost
AlbertaJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 09-28-2014, 02:54 PM   #7
SoK66
2009 JK Wrangler 

I put a 2.5" AEV in a club members JKUR last year and was very pressed with the results. She installed 33" MTR/Ks on the stock wheels with spacers and has run just about everything the bigger rigs do. No need to re-gear, retained the stock shafts, etc. For the money I don't think you can beat it.
Unread 09-28-2014, 04:50 PM   #8
Razrbk89
2013 JK Wrangler 

I just finished a 4000 mile trip to Moab on the 2.5" AEV with geometry correction brackets and was very happy with the ride. I hit a pothole in a curve @ 60 mph and it shook, but no bad steering reactions from the Jeep. I'm running E rated 315/75R16 Duratracs @ 30 psi and the ride is comfortable.
Razrbk89 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.