Lift options for 35's... So many choices! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift options for 35's... So many choices!

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing our NEW JK tail light adapter wiring harness!!

Unread 01-28-2013, 05:20 AM   #1
RyanE5
2012 JK Wrangler 

Lift options for 35's... So many choices!

I want to get a lift for my 2012 6 speed, 2-door Rubicon to fit 35's. I know I won't ever go bigger than 35's, I drove a JK on 37's and it's too big for the daily driving I do. I drive about 99% on road, 1% New England trails ranging from mud to out of my league rock crawling. On road performance really is more important, I have a 20 mile commute to work each way with back roads and highway.

I've looked into lifts and found a lot of choices, I've ruled out the budget boost. I want to keep the stock fenders.

I'm thinking 2.5" is where I want to be. Here are my options so far:

TeraFlex JK 2.5 inch Lift Kit, W/ Shock Adapters
$490

Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Flex System
$900 + $400 for shocks

Rock Krawler JK 2.5 Max Travel System
$1,300 + $400 for shocks

JK DualSport XT Suspension 2.5"
$900

JK DualSport SC Suspension 3.5"
$1,675

Which lift do you suggest?

Last edited by RyanE5; 01-28-2013 at 12:26 PM.. Reason: costs added
RyanE5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #2
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

You may want to look at a kit with progressive springs on all 4 corners for the best on road handling. Synergy makes a kit but its more expensive. Personally, I wheel often so I'm going with the RK max travel when the time is right. I believe it's got progressive springs in the front but not the rear. Just a thought and good luck.
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
xraypat23
2008 JK Wrangler 

I just installed a 2.5" rock krawler flex kit in my 2008 unlimited rubicon. Picked up 4.5 inches in the front from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender flare in the front. Sit's nice and level, and rides GREAT! I put on bilstein 5100's. My honest opinion, it handles MUCH better than stock.
xraypat23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 07:27 AM   #4
TheBoss
malt, hops, yeast, water

2012 JK Wrangler 

The AEV dual sport suspensions you have listed have dual rate coils front and rear. All of these are quality kits , you just need to decide what is right for you. At 2.5" in a 2012 2dr you will need to address the front control arms by either adjustable arms or AEV drop brackets. The front driveshaft may make contact with the exhaust downpipe, but they make a spacer kit to give you a little more room. The front driveshaft may need to be replaced at somepoint depending on what kit you choose and the size of the bumpstops.

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson
TheBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:09 AM   #5
Remmy18
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by xraypat23
I just installed a 2.5" rock krawler flex kit in my 2008 unlimited rubicon. Picked up 4.5 inches in the front from the center of the hub to the bottom of the fender flare in the front. Sit's nice and level, and rides GREAT! I put on bilstein 5100's. My honest opinion, it handles MUCH better than stock.
Awesome to hear!
Remmy18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

You're going to get a lot of different opinions. I went with RK 2.5 max travel and bilstein 5100s and I'm more than happy. Can't beat that lifetime warranty!

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:51 AM   #7
ferninaz
2012 JK Wrangler 

I would suggest you get a hybrid kit. Don't buy everything from one company, it makes it more interesting. If you are going to buy from one company, I suggest you look at MetalCloaks lift kits.
http://www.metalcloak.com/JK-JKU-Wra...ifts-s/139.htm
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #8
KrawlOff-Road
Vendor

2007 JK Wrangler 

There is a ton of different lifts out ther on the market for you JK. You need to look at what they come with and see which one will best suit you budget and needs.

Now, we sell a ton of different lifts but I personally run the 2.5" Max Travel on our 2dr JK pair with Fox Shocks and it is GREAT! We have had up and down the east coast on the highway going to events and it rides really nice. Then, we can take it offroad and it will do anything we want it to!

-Jason

Tires-FREE SHIPPING!!
KrawlOff-Road is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.