Lift Kit Questions.. - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Kit Questions..

SYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge Bushings

Unread 02-19-2013, 10:25 PM   #76
igrok
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo View Post
A whole host of subjects to address. Potentially needing to regear, that'll be about 1k, for starters. You'll really have to make sure you get the right lift, the Rk lift will work, but you'll probably have to trim the fenders.
Re-gear? in Florida???

with 35" tires, you will need to

1. Either trim the stock fenders or install aftermarket high line fenders.
2. change out your rims to allow for the wider tires (backspacing) or use wheel spacers (personally not a fan)

Those are MUSTS, here are some optionals

1. re-calibrate the speedo, if automatic, re-calibration also resets the shift points for you. You can achieve this through a procal module (cheapest) or something like a superchips device. (mucho $$)
2. Regear to offset the larger diameter of wheels/tires. When you go with a larger diameter wheel/tire combo, you lose low end torque and top end speed due to the engine having to work harder to turn the larger wheels. this can be offset by regearing. I would drive it with the larger tires and THEN decide whether you can live with the torque decrease. If you aren't having to drive up mountains or big hills or tow anything, you might not mind it.

Unread 02-19-2013, 11:05 PM   #77
agoodies

No we are doing 2.5" lift with 33s. We have decided everything but exact tires. He just wants the 35s cause he likes them, but we aren't going that route lol.
agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:00 AM   #78
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

With proper bumpstops on a 2.5" lift and 35s you don't need to trim stock fenders.
Regear is a matter of opinion like everything else. I still run 3.73 and 35s after almost 5 years and that works fine for me. Depends where you live and what you expect.
A programmer is a must, to recalibrate the engine and trans.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-20-2013, 05:30 AM   #79
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

Great thread - Thanks to everyone for all of the good info. I have been studying a lot for what lift I am going to go with as well. Mods - more fun then the law allows. Now, get some picks for us with your mods!

Now about this "leaning towards 33's but the husband is..." Most 2.5" lifts say you can run 35's with proper bump stops and not needing to trim/cut fenders. You may need to trim the pinch seam (rear in front of the tire) as well. Procal - lets you adjust speedo for tire size so it's accurate and helps with shifting points if it's an auto. You can also do other things with that - turn some of the other things that the Jeep has off/on or change other settings. For me it was well worth the $150 price tag for the procal. Also, when looking at 33's some 33's may be as heavy as 35's (or within a few pounds) so that is also something to look at.

X2 on the help you can get from the vendors. - Jason at Krawl, the folks at Northridge4x4 to name just a few have always been great for me to talk with and won't try to sell you something you don't need for your build.
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-04-2013, 08:49 PM   #80
agoodies

Okay so I'm getting the 2.5" RK mod lift within the next two weeks. Now I know that there is going to be about an inch difference from front to back, so question is should I get something to put in back so it makes front and back the same height and leveled? Also, I know so far I'm ordering the kit and the longer break lines, and still have yet to decide on Fox or Bilstein shocks, but anything else needed to be ordered as well?

Thanks In Advance!!
Unread 03-04-2013, 09:41 PM   #81
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies View Post
Okay so I'm getting the 2.5" RK mod lift within the next two weeks. Now I know that there is going to be about an inch difference from front to back, so question is should I get something to put in back so it makes front and back the same height and leveled? Also, I know so far I'm ordering the kit and the longer break lines, and still have yet to decide on Fox or Bilstein shocks, but anything else needed to be ordered as well?

Thanks In Advance!!
The kit levels the rig. Def don't need to do anything to the rear.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2013, 08:42 PM   #82
agoodies

Okay so I'm about to order it, some time this week. What are the best bumpstops and break extensions to get with the RK mod lift kit?
Unread 03-08-2013, 12:05 AM   #83
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

I came across this tonight, and if you watch you will see exactly why people hate on cheap suspension components.

MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 04:42 AM   #84
TheLazyC
2013 JK Wrangler 

I picked mine up yesterday from getting my 3" BDS Suspension lift and MT Wheels and 35's tires. I really like it.
photo-29-.jpg  

[COLOR="DarkRed"][B]2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited [/B][/COLOR]
Freedom Edition Oscar Mike Package
3" BDS Suspension Lift
Mickey Thompson 17"x9" Classic Lock Black wheels
Mickey Thompson 35X12.50R17LT Baja ATZ Radial
Mopar Running Boards
Mastercraft Sport Handles
Rugged Ridge A-Pillar POD
KC HiLite SlimLime-Driving
AEV PROCAL
TheLazyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:58 AM   #85
bhoch
2012 JK Wrangler 

MeatCurtains.. there really are no words for that videa that do it justice.

LazyC - Looks great! Wheels and tire combo looks great with that lift!
bhoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2013, 05:15 PM   #86
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhoch View Post
MeatCurtains.. there really are no words for that videa that do it justice.

LazyC - Looks great! Wheels and tire combo looks great with that lift!
Bad news comes to mind. Simple failure leads to huge problems does too.
Unread 03-10-2013, 11:52 AM   #87
agoodies

Meatcurtains, what brand are you referring to about being cheap?
Unread 03-10-2013, 07:08 PM   #88
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

Wow, posted from my mobile so it was the wrong link
Give me a minute to fix it.
Its fixed.

Just in general, I've seen a lot of talk going around the past few weeks about lift kits, and I thought this would be a good place to post those links. Sorry I had the wrong ones up to begin with. Check them out now.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.