Lift Kit Questions.. - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Kit Questions..

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! SPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!Yukon Ultimate 35 axle kit for c/clip axles with Yukon Zip

Reply
Unread 02-18-2013, 08:57 PM   #46
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler
 
JTPhoto's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: South Gillies Ontario
Posts: 1,832
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies
What's the difference between OME budget lift and regular lift for the 2.5"? I tried looking it up, but that's all I kept getting.
Check these kits out and look at the parts included:
- TeraFlex 2.5" Budget Boost
- TeraFlex 2.5" Spring lift
- RC Budget Boost
- ROck Krawler stock mod.

If you can afford it by all means buy a complete system, but, be aware that choosing a system that has adjustable control arms does require extensive set up and alignment and usually new driveshafts.

__________________
^^Jeff^^
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 09:17 PM   #47
agoodies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
Yah that's where I was looking..
agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2013, 10:52 PM   #48
agoodies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
I feel like the BB with shocks and Rock Krawler have the most to offer out of all those. Would we need to add anything to it, or is it completed, and a good kit to go with...? Now I just need to decide..

Just out of curiosity, are those two a lot better than the basic RC lift?
agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 06:02 AM   #49
thedirtman
Senior Member
 
thedirtman's Avatar
2007 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Reno, Nevada
Posts: 714
Just forget there is even a company called rough country unless you are looking for a body lift. Same goes for super lift, zone, bds, and skyjacker.
They have a low price for a reason.
__________________
If you learned something new today, you had a good day.
thedirtman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:33 AM   #50
wardo
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: jax
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies View Post
I feel like the BB with shocks and Rock Krawler have the most to offer out of all those. Would we need to add anything to it, or is it completed, and a good kit to go with...? Now I just need to decide..

Just out of curiosity, are those two a lot better than the basic RC lift?
I've had my Rk lift for coming up on a year now. I love it. Rk is very helpful as a company, they know their product and how it works and how to trouble shoot things too. The other good thing about Rk is their lifts are very flexible. What I mean by that, you can start with one kind of lift, and if you want to go bigger, its very easy to get the rest of the parts and keep the build going. I highly recommend you go with Rk, it looks good, performs great, and the company backs their product with a lifetime warranty.
__________________
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 07:42 AM   #51
janders82
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 685
x 2 on the comment above...RC doesn't have the best rep and are hit or miss with satisfaction.

are you trying to stay within a certain budget?
I currently run the TF 2.5 BB with shock extensions and Rubi take-offs. Love the lift! The ride feels just like it did stock and looks great! If I had known more of what I wanted at the time (and what I'd be using my rig for) I would have gone with the TF 2.5" Coil Lift or one of the 2.5" Rock Krawler Coil Lifts.

IMO you can't go wrong with the TF 2.5" BB. You won't need to add anything to the TF 2.5 BB. However, either get the kit with shock extensions and upgrade later, or go ahead and pull the trigger on some longer shocks (e.g. Bilsteins).

There are some things if you go with Rock Krawler (I'm guessing you're looking at the Stock Mod?), you may or may not want to add LCAs in the future. And of cource this kit will require longer shocks also...
__________________
2010 JKU Automatic w/ 5.13 Gears
2.5" TeraFlex w/ Rancho XL9000s
17" XD Addicts
295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 09:00 AM   #52
wardo
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: jax
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by janders82 View Post
x 2 on the comment above...RC doesn't have the best rep and are hit or miss with satisfaction.

are you trying to stay within a certain budget?
I currently run the TF 2.5 BB with shock extensions and Rubi take-offs. Love the lift! The ride feels just like it did stock and looks great! If I had known more of what I wanted at the time (and what I'd be using my rig for) I would have gone with the TF 2.5" Coil Lift or one of the 2.5" Rock Krawler Coil Lifts.

IMO you can't go wrong with the TF 2.5" BB. You won't need to add anything to the TF 2.5 BB. However, either get the kit with shock extensions and upgrade later, or go ahead and pull the trigger on some longer shocks (e.g. Bilsteins).

There are some things if you go with Rock Krawler (I'm guessing you're looking at the Stock Mod?), you may or may not want to add LCAs in the future. And of cource this kit will require longer shocks also...
Ya that's true, the lift (2.5 stock mod-springs, swaybar discos, track bar, and bracket) was like $400 tops , shocks cost another $400 so its not the cheapest. But its a great lift. You don't need lca's unless you go bigger than 2.5in.
__________________
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:27 PM   #53
agoodies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
I don't want want something too expensive, yet I don't want the cheapest (more crappy) but I'm leaning towards the Teraflex or the Rock Krawler with shocks. But i keep going and wanting the BB with shocks. Like I have said we drive it daily, it's snows where we are, and on weekends we take it in the mud, sand, trails etc. we don't do rock crawling, although we have driven on rocks (nothing big). But the Bb comes with everything and is a complete set, and it will be great for us? From the looks, I feel like the BB is better and comes with more items than the RK Mod. And even if we decided a regular kit ($700) the Teraflex is a little cheaper and still seems to come with more items. Oh, and I personally don't like RC its just a lot of people out here have it, and keep trying to get us to go with it, so I was just curious..
agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:45 PM   #54
wardo
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: jax
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies View Post
I don't want want something too expensive, yet I don't want the cheapest (more crappy) but I'm leaning towards the Teraflex or the Rock Krawler with shocks. But i keep going and wanting the BB with shocks. Like I have said we drive it daily, it's snows where we are, and on weekends we take it in the mud, sand, trails etc. we don't do rock crawling, although we have driven on rocks (nothing big). But the Bb comes with everything and is a complete set, and it will be great for us? From the looks, I feel like the BB is better and comes with more items than the RK Mod. And even if we decided a regular kit ($700) the Teraflex is a little cheaper and still seems to come with more items. Oh, and I personally don't like RC its just a lot of people out here have it, and keep trying to get us to go with it, so I was just curious..
Which bb kit are you looking at?
__________________
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #55
agoodies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
Im looking at the Teraflex BB kit with shocks. For the BB.. If we decided later down the road we want to upgrade it to the 2.5" regular lift kit with shocks ($700 kit) do we have to buy it again, or can we buy all the parts and upgrade the BB to become that kit?
agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #56
janders82
Registered User
2010 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 685
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies
Im looking at the Teraflex BB kit with shocks. For the BB.. If we decided later down the road we want to upgrade it to the 2.5" regular lift kit with shocks ($700 kit) do we have to buy it again, or can we buy all the parts and upgrade the BB to become that kit?
IMO, go ahead and pull the trigger on the BB (if you're looking to save some cash) It's a great price to add some lift to your Rig while keep the stock feel and not breaking the bank. Not to throw another wrench into your decision, but I would look up some reviews on this TF shocks that come with the kit. You could get a nice set of Bilsteins for not too much more.

If I were You I would give Jason at Krawl Off Road a shout. His customer service is top notch. He won't try to sell you something you don't want plus his knowledge about TF and RK holds lots of value.

Www.krawloff-road.com
__________________
2010 JKU Automatic w/ 5.13 Gears
2.5" TeraFlex w/ Rancho XL9000s
17" XD Addicts
295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:24 PM   #57
agoodies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
Sweet I will do that! Thanks! And yah I keep going towards the BB. If we decided later on to go bigger or upgrade lift, you can upgrade it right? Like going from BB to a 'regular' lift?
agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:27 PM   #58
wardo
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: jax
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies View Post
Im looking at the Teraflex BB kit with shocks. For the BB.. If we decided later down the road we want to upgrade it to the 2.5" regular lift kit with shocks ($700 kit) do we have to buy it again, or can we buy all the parts and upgrade the BB to become that kit?
I would still go with the Rk lift, the bb lift with shocks isn't that much cheaper than the Rk stock mod. Plus you get front sway bar disconnects with the Rk lift, adjustable track bar too. All very important in properly setting up your rig.
__________________
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #59
wardo
Registered User
2011 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: jax
Posts: 932
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies View Post
Sweet I will do that! Thanks! And yah I keep going towards the BB. If we decided later on to go bigger or upgrade lift, you can upgrade it right? Like going from BB to a 'regular' lift?
Youll need coils, possibly shocks, a heavy duty track bar at some point too. All of those separately are gonna make the bb approach more expensive in the long run. In my opinion. Saving money on the short term is a bad idea imo. Tf is a good brand, I'm just saying that Id suggest a traditional coil and shock lift.
__________________
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2013, 03:34 PM   #60
agoodies
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 58
Well I wanted the one that had the most components for pretty much same price. The BB looked like it had more? I like both! So the RK mod is a complete set compared to the Teraflex BB? What would I still need with the RK mod lift?
agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools






Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.