Lift Kit Questions.. - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Kit Questions..

Want to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!Flowmaster Overstock: Special Holiday Pricing!!!!

Unread 02-11-2013, 05:23 PM   #16
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

i would stay on 33s or 34s with dd and not much wheeling. trust me dd on 35s can be a pain, try dd on 37s.

awinski is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 06:13 AM   #17
dis_dis
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies View Post
Its a DD, with offroading every once in awhile, when we can. How is 3.25" lift with 35s? Or should we stick to 33s?
I think it might be a good idea to just do a basic BB (budget boost) 2-3" lift and go with 33-35" tires and see how it feels. The bigger the tires, the more power and torque you will lose, so expect that but if its something you can live with re-gearing might not be necessary.
dis_dis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:37 PM   #18
dis_dis
2008 JK Wrangler 

Also forgot to mention that 15" tires are much cheaper than 17", so you might want to look into these as well
Unread 02-12-2013, 12:52 PM   #19
MeatCurtains
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_dis View Post
Also forgot to mention that 15" tires are much cheaper than 17", so you might want to look into these as well
Whats your idea of much cheaper? I found most places I looked ranged about 30 bucks per tire, that isn't "much cheaper"
MeatCurtains is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-12-2013, 01:12 PM   #20
dis_dis
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeatCurtains View Post
Whats your idea of much cheaper? I found most places I looked ranged about 30 bucks per tire, that isn't "much cheaper"
well when I was looking for 35" tires the 17" ones cost about $100 more per tire than the 15" ones

I got a set of 15" tires and wheels for the price of 17" tires
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:12 AM   #21
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dis_dis View Post
I think it might be a good idea to just do a basic BB (budget boost) 2-3" lift and go with 33-35" tires and see how it feels. The bigger the tires, the more power and torque you will lose, so expect that but if its something you can live with re-gearing might not be necessary.
Bb is a waste. Get a real lift if you plan to wheel the thing at all, it'll be much better off. If you're doing this all for looks then let me know bc most people that do things (on their vehicles) for cosmetic purposes only, end up doing a really bad job. But that's just my opinion from experience.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2013, 07:07 PM   #22
thedirtman

2007 JK Wrangler 

If you don't really wheel your rig and are 80%+ on the road with it then a 2" bb would be a good choice that will get the job done at a low cost. For looks 33" tire are just too small on the JKU 35" will give you a much better look and balance to the jeep. Now cost of the tires and performance from them is another story. I really would not consider moving to a 33" tire until the factory ones were worn out. Just a waste of money on that rig. Search the forums and look at photos of other rigs with 33" and 35" tires, there are tons of photos out there as well as several other forums that are dedicated to just the JK model.
Unread 02-17-2013, 08:38 AM   #23
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

X2 what dirtman said. BB is perfectly fine and like everything else do your research and buy a complete BB kit like the TeraFlex. That way if you do venture Offroad you know there will be no issues.
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 09:47 AM   #24
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

If you go with the BB, I would definitely recommend TeraFlex for a complete kit. I've been running the TF 2.5 for a while now and love the look and the ride. I went with the BB because I was unsure of how I would be using my rig and didn't know much about lifts for the Jk at the time. You'll love the BB. However, it's only a matter of time before you'll want to go bigger!

2.5 BB w/ 33s looks great IMO

image-3455134226.jpg
295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers
janders82 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #25
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

This is my opinion only, I think a bb is not enough for 33's. Seems like those flares will get torn up of you're flexing out...
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #26
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardo
This is my opinion only, I think a bb is not enough for 33's. Seems like those flares will get torn up of you're flexing out...
2.5" lift is not enough for 33s? How much lift do u think u need for 35s? LOL.
There are guys on the trail running 35s with only 2.5" of lift. Plenty of room in the flare to flex it out with 33s
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #27
ncb

I had 33s on my stock Rubicon and wheeled it for two summers in Colorado. It saw plenty of flex and had very minor rubbing. Not enough to damage the flares.
ncb is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:14 PM   #28
JTPhoto
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
That's funny considering the factory tires are already 32".
2008 Black and Khaki Sahara Unlimited. Auto, Tow pkg, Dual Tops, MyGig, Trax-Lok rear diff. 3.5" Rock Krawler fr springs, rear TeraFlex 2.5 BB, 35x12.50x17 Pitbull Rockers on Blackrock Viper Alloys, Flex-o-lite trans cooler, Mr Grille billet grille inserts, AEV Prem Bumper ETC.. AND a Locked and Lifted Honda Foreman for when the trails get real tight
JTPhoto is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:56 PM   #29
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncb View Post
I had 33s on my stock Rubicon and wheeled it for two summers in Colorado. It saw plenty of flex and had very minor rubbing. Not enough to damage the flares.
Just my opinion. I'd rather get a lift that I can rely on for a number of reasons. Not saying a bb lift is worthless, but it is a cheap way to lift the jeep. Again, just my opinion, if you plan to wheel, get a legit lift kit. If you don't plan to, then maybe a bb makes sense.
Unread 02-17-2013, 06:59 PM   #30
janders82
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:

Just my opinion. I'd rather get a lift that I can rely on for a number of reasons. Not saying a bb lift is worthless, but it is a cheap way to lift the jeep. Again, just my opinion, if you plan to wheel, get a legit lift kit. If you don't plan to, then maybe a bb makes sense.
So should you not wheel a stock JK Rubicon?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.