Lift Kit Questions.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Kit Questions..

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineGrizzly Lockers available at Rockridge4wd.comThe ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! Brough

Unread 02-09-2013, 01:13 PM   #1
agoodies

Lift Kit Questions..

I have a white 2011 Wrangler Unlimited Sport (with sahara upgrades). I love the black on white so I purchased it with the black hard top, and I also had the windows tinted dark. My next step is I want black rims, all terrain tires and a lift. I'm thinking 33" tires on black rims. But as for my lift I don't want to go over 3"-4" because I don't want to re gear, change and add things. My question is should I just do a 2"-3" body or suspension lift or a 1"-1.5" body or suspension / 1"-1."5 body or suspension lift (half and half)? I grew up with my dad owning jeeps, lifting etc, but this is my first jeep and I want to make sure I do it right. I drive this car everyday for personal use, and take it out when we can for muddying, trails etc, but we don't take it rock climbing. Also, any preferred type brand lifts! Any help would be appreciated! TIA

agoodies is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:31 PM   #2
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

go to the faq section youll find that 33s fit on stock suspension. with no problems. hell my stock tires were 32''. and aftermarket rims usually have less backspacing anyways. don't do a body lift, looks dumb, is dumb, and there can be complications with jk's
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:47 PM   #3
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

10th anniversary rubis come with 33s

Sent from my iPhone using JeepForum

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 01:50 PM   #4
agoodies

So should I do 35's? I'm going to do the tires and rims now and the lift a little after, but how big should/ can the tires go without messing anything up or looking dumb until the kit comes?
Unread 02-09-2013, 02:41 PM   #5
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

depends on how far you want to go, i ran 35s on stock susp. but i had trimmed fenders, a easy and justified mod. 35s your looking at a 2.5" lift.
Unread 02-09-2013, 03:11 PM   #6
ncb

I wouldn't do more than a leveling kit for 33s. 4" lift and 33s won't look good IMO. The Teraflex spring or puck would be perfect. Body lifts on JKs look like dog ****.
ncb is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #7
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

I run 37s on 2" of lift. Planning 40s on 2.25

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:08 AM   #8
agoodies

Well we don't want to go more than 2" because we don't want to regear. So 35s on a 2". Nothing regeared, changed/added? Looks clean? Any advice?
Unread 02-10-2013, 11:27 AM   #9
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodies View Post
Well we don't want to go more than 2" because we don't want to regear. So 35s on a 2". Nothing regeared, changed/added? Looks clean? Any advice?
You don't regear bc of lift, you regear bc of the size of your tires, and weight too
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 12:12 PM   #10
awinski
young & dumb

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
no need to regear for lift. at all. everything should be fine with just a 2" its above the 2.5" that you start to get into other mods.
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:03 PM   #11
agoodies

Oh we heard 3+" you had to regear. So 2" on 33s or 35s OR 4" on 33s or 35s? Without adding or changing anything..
Unread 02-10-2013, 03:11 PM   #12
wardo
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Oh we heard 3+" you had to regear. So 2" on 33s or 35s OR 4" on 33s or 35s? Without adding or changing anything..
Negative...

Plenty of info about that easily found.
2011 Flame Red 2dr Wrangler Rubicon, Poison Spyder Evap Skid, Extended Breatherlines, 4' Firefly Antenna, Uniden Pro520xl, Rock Krawler 2.5 Stock Mod Lift, Bilstein 5100's, Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper, Warn M8000, Rugged Ridge XHD Snorkel
wardo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-10-2013, 04:30 PM   #13
Caribic-TJ
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
10th anniversary rubis come with 33s

According to my information they come with 265/70R17 tires, a 32" tire.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
08 JKU Rubicon
98 TJ fully locked
Caribic-TJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 10:34 AM   #14
dis_dis
2008 JK Wrangler 

Another thing to consider is what's driving the lift and the tire size.
Do you plan to do a moderate amount of offroading or is it gonna be just a DD driver.
dis_dis is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-11-2013, 04:15 PM   #15
agoodies

Its a DD, with offroading every once in awhile, when we can. How is 3.25" lift with 35s? Or should we stick to 33s?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.