Lift Kit Question - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift Kit Question

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 12-08-2012, 01:27 AM   #1
LukeTXAG
2010 JK Wrangler 

Lift Kit Question

Howdy! Lurker, first post. I recently bought a 2010 JKU that already has a 2.5 in Terraflex suspension lift and a 1" body lift running 35x12.50 BFG MK2's. If I wanted to gain just a little more lift, could add a "budget boost" to my existing kit? Other than the ProComp shocks, I am fairly certain that everything else on the suspension is factory. By adding a BB would I need things like brake lines, longer sway bars, etc? This jeep is primarily a daily driver that will see some trail/hunting lease type roads, occasional offroad ranch, and the beach.

Thanks for the help! This is pretty much my dream jeep. Went to buy the wife a new car (Grand Cherokee) and ended up buying myself one too. Had a YJ that I did spring lift myself about 10 yrs ago and have missed having a jeep ever since. I would normally not have bought something already lifted with wheels/tires but this one was built pretty much exactly how I would have done it myself!

LukeTXAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:31 AM   #2
LukeTXAG
2010 JK Wrangler 

And of course, this thread is worthless without pics so here ya go!
image-1407074686.jpg   image-2230504559.jpg  
Unread 12-08-2012, 01:23 PM   #3
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

My opinion, and it is just that, an opinion, is you are heading down the road to a Frankenlift...if you need more lift it would be far more satisfactory to get the proper spring lift with matched shocks. Once you go over the 3 inch lift you will start to have to look at extended brake lines/brackets, control arms, drive shafts, and I assume you already have adj track bar or you will need it...my rule of thumb for a suspension lift properly done is about 1k per inch.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:28 PM   #4
paul84043
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyClymer View Post
My opinion, and it is just that, an opinion, is you are heading down the road to a Frankenlift...if you need more lift it would be far more satisfactory to get the proper spring lift with matched shocks. Once you go over the 3 inch lift you will start to have to look at extended brake lines/brackets, control arms, drive shafts, and I assume you already have adj track bar or you will need it...my rule of thumb for a suspension lift properly done is about 1k per inch.
^^^ I agree with this.

Once you start to exceed 2.5", you're getting into "real" lift mode where you need to start by going with solid high quality parts, adjustable control arms, trackbar relocation bracket/new trackbar(front), extended brake lines...blah, blah...
I would suggest that you save your cash, enjoy what you have, do some homework, and do it up right when you have the means.
paul84043 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2012, 07:48 PM   #5
LukeTXAG
2010 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for the replies. Great advice. I will enjoy what I have now and at some point maybe exchange the teraflex springs for something differnt and work on the remainder of the suspension at the same time. So far, I LOVE this jeep! Can't wait till Christmas to do a little more upgrading!

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.