Lift kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift kit

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap SkidRockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits

Unread 05-25-2012, 09:51 AM   #1
WrnglrGal11
2011 JK Wrangler 

Lift kit

Hey guys, looking to lift my 2011 two door wrangler. I don't want anything crazy, probably just three inches or so, maybe four. Any suggestions on good quality lifts?

WrnglrGal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
ljrubitm
2011 JK Wrangler 

How much $$$ are you willing to spend on a lift? Do you want to run 33',35'', or 37''?
ljrubitm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 03:37 PM   #3
jeepinjeffrey
2003 TJ Wrangler 

look on quadratec.com or other websites for different lift brands
33" BFGodrich KM2's | Ion Alloy 174 Rims | 4.5 Rubicon Express Lift | Currie adjustable control Arms | Advanced Adaptors SYE | Tom woods rear CV diveshaft | 4.0L I-6 Engine | NV231 Command-Trac Transfer case | Dana 30 w/ Aussie Locker | Dana 35c Rear w/ Trac-Lok Limited slip | 3.73 | ORO LED Tail lights | JKS Adjustable Trackbars and Quicker Disconnects | Black Magic Brakes | ZJ V8 Tie rod Upgrade | Uniden 520XL CB/PA system

[B]My Build Thread:[/B]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f22/2003-wrangler-sport-4-5-re-lift-33-bfg-km2s-never-ending-wish-list-1312377/"]Click Here[/URL]

[B]Some of my Favorite Sites:[/B]
[URL="http://www.4x4xplor.com/mods-TJ.html/"]4x4xplor.com[/URL]
[URL="]http://www.stu-offroad.com/siteindex.asp/"]stu-offroad.com[/URL]
[URL="http://www.quadratec.com/jeep_knowledgebase/"]Quadratec Knowledge Base[/URL]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f9/tj-tech-boot-camp-must-read-new-tj-owners-forum-members-722109/"]TJ tech bootcamp[/URL]

[B]Ask about my Custom Vinyl Decals![/B]
[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f43/new-vendor-custom-vinyl-decals-1385910//"]Click Here[/URL]
jeepinjeffrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 04:51 PM   #4
fernjack
2007 JK Wrangler 

Old Man Emu........
07' Rubi Unlimited 6spd. , Rescue green #64 CDN , 35x12.5 mudders
Rick .
fernjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #5
jaxs1984
2009 JK Wrangler 

In all honesty , you must ask yourself how much are you willing to spend I would guess that 99.9 of the people that get a lift over 2' end up getting new tires and wheels to match the lift. And we all know what happens if you get bigger tires/wheels you may have to upgrade your gears, etc.. Its a loaded question What are you trying to accomplish ?

If your just looking for brands, I would suggest Old Man Emu, AEV . Of course, more people would chime in with different brands.
jaxs1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 04:31 AM   #6
SubAtomicGenius
Sarcastic Fantastic

2011 JK Wrangler 

TeraFlex all the way.

Type of lift is dependent on your BUDGET and your PURPOSE for lifting the vehicle. Lift facts:

First, 3" or 4" of lift for a 2011: if you keep it to 3" or less, you won't need new driveshafts right away (stock ones will fail [sooner] with more lift than that due to being stretched out and too short).

$$$ With 3" of lift, and to maintain great drivability, you'll need some way to adjust the caster angle for your front axle to prevent the 'dartiness' feeling during steering/driving and re-center your wheels in your wheel wells (Jeep goes up, tires will sink into the center of the vehicle with stock control arms due to them being shorter). There are many ways to fix this, including adjustable control arms, brackets, etc. IMHO the proper way to go is adjustable upper and lower control arms (or adjustable lower control arms as a minimum). Your budget will ultimately decide what you want to do, however.

$$$ With 3" of lift or more, you'll most likely need a new front adjustable trackbar and a rear adjustable trackbar/trackbar relocation bracket to re-center your axles under the vehicle (each one will have a tendancy to poke out further on one side when lifted otherwise and look silly).

$$$ Brake lines may be an issue for the front and rear - they will be too short when articulated - some lifts use relocation brackets, but the best thing to do is to get longer brake lines (stainless steel braid).

You can see where this is all going! With a simple spacer lift, you'll have axle caster issues, driving handling issues, axles will not be centered under the vehicle from left-to-right, brake lines may not be long enough when suspension is articulated, and driveshafts will give up the ghost due to stress.

IMHO, if you are on a budget and going for looks, keep it to a 2.5-inch budget boost. If you want to stretch your legs and go offroading and have good handling on the road: go with a full-control arm lift kit package with adjustable trackbars and new brake lines. If you go more than 3-inches, expect to have to purchase new longer aftermarket driveshafts sooner or later.
SubAtomicGenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 05:02 AM   #7
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

My advice is to study this forum and a couple of others and do some major research. Lifting the JK is not something to take lightly, you need to study up and see what others have done and are doing. Depending on how high you want to go “lifting” when all said and done can get very expensive. When/if you decide to research, have a note pad and pencil handy, it’s very easy to get overwhelmed and forget what you’ve learned. Good luck.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 01:26 PM   #8
WrnglrGal11
2011 JK Wrangler 

Thanks everyone for your input. Little did I know, the legal lift in my state is only 2". So I'm going to do some more research and probably go with a 2" lift with 33's just to be sure that I can still get a sticker.
WrnglrGal11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-27-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WrnglrGal11 View Post
...Little did I know, the legal lift in my state is only 2"...
Damm that sucks big time, what idiotic state would that happen to be?
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.