Lift for 2012 Wrangler - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lift for 2012 Wrangler

The NEW Revolution Gear and Axle from 4LowParts.comTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 07-11-2011, 05:52 PM   #1
RCS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Lift for 2012 Wrangler

So the dealer tells me my 2012 sport will be in before the end of the month. I would like to lift it ASAP. The dealership is telling me there is no suspention or chassis changes, just the motor and trany. So has anyone herd for sure that the curent lifts will fit the 2012 Wranglers? Or can anyone tell me where to go to get this info?

RCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

The current lifts should fit a 2012 as I know of no suspension changes....why lift it? Larger tires/rims?
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #3
RCS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

Ya, I'm looking to buy the AEV 3.5" and run 35's. leaning Goodyear Duratrac or Ceepek Fun Country II's for tires. Going to be a daily driver so I want a tire that works well on the road.
Unread 07-11-2011, 08:55 PM   #4
Rivet
1968 C101 

I ordered one last week and I was told not to expect it till at least mid September. Did you order your Jeep or did the dealer already have one on order that you liked? Im going to go with an AEV lift shortly after mine arrives.
Rivet is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
RCS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

I ordered the second day the order backs opened. My build date is 7/18. I'm in Missouri and my dealer said 5 to 7 buisness days after the build date it should show up. I waited for the 2012 because I'll be pulling a small trailer with a couple motorcycles on it from time to time so I wanted the extra power.
Unread 07-11-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

For towing with 35s you should really consider a re gear to 4.88 if manual or 5.13 with auto....otherwise you will be very disappointed, new engine or not.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-12-2011, 06:04 PM   #7
RCS
1999 TJ Wrangler 

yes 488's are in the plan. I went ahead and got the 373's to help get me by. But I know I'll have to regear. If the 3.6 is as revy as some people are saying I might even go 513's with the 6 speed!
Unread 07-21-2011, 07:55 PM   #8
FFP
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCS View Post
So the dealer tells me my 2012 sport will be in before the end of the month. I would like to lift it ASAP. The dealership is telling me there is no suspention or chassis changes, just the motor and trany. So has anyone herd for sure that the curent lifts will fit the 2012 Wranglers? Or can anyone tell me where to go to get this info?
Mine ships the 27. AEV said the 2012 lift should be available the 25 and you must specify its a 2012. The aev salesman said they haven't released what the changes to the 2012 lift are vs. the 2011, but something is different.
FFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #9
willfrazier
2012 JK Wrangler 

I'm have ordered my 2012 also have been told with Bushwacker Flatt fenders (you can do yourself easy to put on ) and trimming pinch seams you can run 35 without a lift. I won't be able to prove it out till it comes in (end of Sept.) I am also looking at 5.13 gears. With tires 285 75 18 (35 11.3) I'm also pulling a boat in the summer.
willfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-30-2011, 08:38 AM   #10
FFP
2012 JK Wrangler 

I think you would have to extend your bump stops to limit up travel. I don't know if 35's would hit the top of the wheel well or the pinch seam first. I could put the tires on before I lift and tell you how tight they are. I have mine. I have some 315/70R17's, but the rims are still in the mail. The wheels should be here today and the lift either today or tomorrow. Also 4.10's with the new auto are like 4.88's with the previous auto. I have a manual and with the stock 32x10.50's and 4.10's it is a bit high geared for my taste.
Unread 08-30-2011, 10:38 AM   #11
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

You mentioned you have a standard, but for folks reading this thread that may have automatics, ... you can't regear yet. From what I've read, if you regear a 2012 auto, the transmission computer will put it in "limp mode", and apparently not even the dealers have a fix for this yet. :thumb down: AEV mentioned their ProCal should be able to fix this situation, but they're looking at an end-of-Sept ship date.

Also, the 2012's have a different exhaust. Apparently even after-market 2" diameter front drive shafts are hitting the exhaust on 3.5/4.5" suspensions at full droop (at least with AEV's lifts, but I don't see how any other lift would be any different).
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-31-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
FFP
2012 JK Wrangler 

More room than I thought with the 315/70R17's. With some flat fenders and a stubby bumper I think you would have a fair amount of room for suspension travel.
Unread 09-01-2011, 05:19 AM   #13
willfrazier
2012 JK Wrangler 

You (and I may have to wait) If you want to go with big tires you presently can't regear the 2012 it messes up the computer. (Goes into Limp Mode) AEV is working on a fix by setting up their Pro cal to change program but its not out till the end of Sept. I wanted to go with 35"s when I get mine but going to wait Till I can regear
willfrazier is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 05:47 AM   #14
tavic
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfrazier
I'm have ordered my 2012 also have been told with Bushwacker Flatt fenders (you can do yourself easy to put on ) and trimming pinch seams you can run 35 without a lift. I won't be able to prove it out till it comes in (end of Sept.) I am also looking at 5.13 gears. With tires 285 75 18 (35 11.3) I'm also pulling a boat in the summer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFP
I think you would have to extend your bump stops to limit up travel. I don't know if 35's would hit the top of the wheel well or the pinch seam first. I could put the tires on before I lift and tell you how tight they are. I have mine. I have some 315/70R17's, but the rims are still in the mail. The wheels should be here today and the lift either today or tomorrow. Also 4.10's with the new auto are like 4.88's with the previous auto. I have a manual and with the stock 32x10.50's and 4.10's it is a bit high geared for my taste.
Welcome to the addiction! Do a bit a searching around and you'll find you're answers. For 35's you will need to trim the pinch seams, there is barely enough room when not flexed. Heck, with some simple mods you can even run up to 40s with no lift if you're ambitious enough. If you don't have cash available for flat fenders right up front, you can take a razor knife or jig saw to the fenders and trim them back, some people have been creative with the cutting they even look better than the aftermarket options.
tavic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-01-2011, 07:19 AM   #15
aristobrat
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by willfrazier View Post
You (and I may have to wait) If you want to go with big tires you presently can't regear the 2012 it messes up the computer. (Goes into Limp Mode) AEV is working on a fix by setting up their Pro cal to change program but its not out till the end of Sept. I wanted to go with 35"s when I get mine but going to wait Till I can regear
IIRC, the 2012 auto transmission (with the factory 4.10 gear option) puts out around the same RPMs as an older JK auto transmission that's been regeared to 4.88s. If I were in that situation, I personally wouldn't hesitate to go with 35s now.
aristobrat is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.