Lifetime bumper-2-bumper warranty - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Lifetime bumper-2-bumper warranty

07-15 jeep JK Spare Tire Carrier Delete PlateCorbeau Seats & Harness from CCOR!Win a $250 Gift Card to ZoneOffroad.com - 4th of July Face

Unread 02-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #1
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Lifetime bumper-2-bumper warranty

I thought I saw somebody on here that sold them but I can't find the thread...

Thinking about keeping this thing forever now. Anybody else buy this coverage?

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:05 AM   #2
BruceM1964
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yes I have it, it only made sense for myself and the amount of miles I do a year, I would be out of the 100k warranty in two years and still be paying on the jeep for years to come. This is my first brand new vehicle for that very reason and I also an on keeping it for a very long time.
Edit to add, I read on another forum of the guy who sold them, not sure if he comes here or not.
BruceM1964 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:14 AM   #3
Wrigley
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM1964 View Post
Yes I have it, it only made sense for myself and the amount of miles I do a year, I would be out of the 100k warranty in two years and still be paying on the jeep for years to come. This is my first brand new vehicle for that very reason and I also an on keeping it for a very long time.
Edit to add, I read on another forum of the guy who sold them, not sure if he comes here or not.
I have 30,000 miles on mine and it's not quite a year old. I didn't get any kind of extended warranty when I bought it but looked into it a few months ago. Through Chrysler it would be roughly $1700.00 for the 4 year 100,000 mile warranty. A lifetime warranty (if you can even get them any more) must cost a fortune.

Mike
Wrigley is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:21 AM   #4
BruceM1964
2013 JK Wrangler 

I paid $2200.
Unread 02-24-2014, 10:59 AM   #5
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Found it on the other forum; thanks guys. $1985 from a dealer in Kansas.

I'll drive this thing for a couple of weeks, see how it tows, figure out if she's a keeper or not...
I sure hope so. I just ordered tires a few hours ago.

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #6
Double_DD-s
2008 JK Wrangler 

But what headlights will you put on it?????
Double_DD-s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 11:50 AM   #7
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_DD-s View Post
But what headlights will you put on it?????
Not sure.
One of my friends in the industry hinted that there was something new and great on the way....

Other than that, I'd like to see the Petersons in action.

Unread 02-24-2014, 01:11 PM   #8
Double_DD-s
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilldweller View Post
Not sure.
One of my friends in the industry hinted that there was something new and great on the way....

Other than that, I'd like to see the Petersons in action.

That is NOT cool. You know we hang your every word on all things lights. Now I feel like I need to wait before buying new headlights.
Double_DD-s is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-24-2014, 01:36 PM   #9
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double_DD-s View Post
That is NOT cool. You know we hang your every word on all things lights. Now I feel like I need to wait before buying new headlights.
I emailed him ---- have to look through my old emails to see if he told me what brand to look for.

I know a local guy with the Peterson LEDs but I never bump into him at night. He's got a vintage Land Rover (marginal electronics from the Dark Lord, Lucas) and is liking the lights. I want to test them and see how they do compared to Trucklite and Speaker.
I wish Trucklite would release their next generation already. They'd be humdingers without that "x" thing.

Unread 02-24-2014, 05:34 PM   #10
R3dRid3r
2013 JK Wrangler 

hey Hilldweller,

I bought it for my '13. I too plan on driving this for 40 yrs then give it to a grand-kid.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f176/...41/index2.html

Start at post 20. It'll give you the 8xx number, the website and the parameters.

All the Best,

John
Unread 02-24-2014, 09:31 PM   #11
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

funny thing is you guy's think when the engine goes say at 200k that your going to get a new one for free(or $100 deductible).If the engine,or trans, makes it that far and finally goes they will call it "worn out" which will occur no matter what and in time and is not a defect so no warranty coverage.
Unread 02-25-2014, 07:27 AM   #12
BruceM1964
2013 JK Wrangler 

Umm no.
Unread 02-25-2014, 11:06 AM   #13
tjkj2002
2002 KJ Liberty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM1964 View Post
Umm no.
Umm yes,your engine will wearout and it can be just from age which is not a defect.Nothing lasts forever.
Unread 02-25-2014, 12:44 PM   #14
zjilla
2007 JK Wrangler 

christmas is forever
www.annirlane.blogspot.com
October 2013 JK of the month
My Slowly but surely JK build thread:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/s...hread-1562595/
zjilla is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-25-2014, 01:34 PM   #15
BruceM1964
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjkj2002 View Post
Umm yes,your engine will wearout and it can be just from age which is not a defect.Nothing lasts forever.
Read your warranty. I have, the engine and it's internal components are not a wareable item, it's all spelled out in the warranty that you received exactly what is and what is not covered and for how long.
So again ummm NO.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.