License plate LED does not fit - beware on eBay - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > License plate LED does not fit - beware on eBay

Savvy Aluminum Gas Tank SkidFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 05-31-2013, 10:45 AM   #1
robvb525
2012 JK Wrangler 

License plate LED does not fit - beware on eBay

hi all just a friendly FYI. i bought an T10 LED for my license plate bulb, auction said it would fit my 2012 JK. well the bulb fits the socket but does not fit in the plastic housing. i let them know and they told me to remove the led from the plastic piece it sits in, and cut it down so it would fit. i did, and after i put back together, LED does not work. i obviously did not plan to be making modifications, as the auction said it was plug and play. i did get my money back, but please be aware. here is another auction for one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/LED-SIDE-MAR...c3e912&vxp=mtr

99 XJ Classic 4.0
robvb525 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #2
ItsMeKO3
2007 JK Wrangler 

I ran into the same issue with my '07. I ended up buying another one from SuperBrightLEDs and that one did fit.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.