Leveling kit or suspension kit - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Leveling kit or suspension kit

Bds fox ipf 2.0 racing series shocks now available at rockANOTHER Rockridge4wd Creation!! Spare Tire Carrier Delete TeraFlex Now at Rockridge 4WD! BEST DEALS around!

Unread 03-21-2014, 08:02 PM   #1
A321jr

Leveling kit or suspension kit

I am trying to make a decision on installing a leveling kit or suspension kit on my 2014 Rubicon. I only want to go 2 to 2.5" that's all. Anyone know which would give me the better ride?

A321jr is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 04:13 PM   #2
Cause
WHAT !!!!

...better ride?

In what way; on road, off road, handling, cornering, ???
Cause is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-22-2014, 07:12 PM   #3
222Doc
2012 JK Wrangler 

i feel that spacer lifts of 2-2.5 is not a great idea. I mean you just dropped what 35K+ on this new Rubi and are now going to stuff spacers of that size?(cheep lift) a leveling kit is just that not a lift . front say 1" rear 3/4 or to me at most 1.5 front 3/4 rear. there is a reason why the front is a bit lower as well. off road you do not want the front higher than the rear, or to me even level.

just m2c
Unread 03-23-2014, 10:26 AM   #4
RockyClymer
RedRock4Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

My opinion, at 2 to 2.5 inches, a good (emphasis on good) spring lift will ride better than a spacer or budget boost.
"It takes a special kind of stupid to believe criminals will follow gun laws."
I do not consider myself a smartass. I point out the obvious, search for the truth, and speak fluent sarcasm. I am, by experience, an accomplished curmudgeon.
RockyClymer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-26-2014, 02:48 PM   #5
Matt98XJ
2014 JK Wrangler 

I have been debating the same thing for the last several weeks. I ended up purchasing the OME lift with HD springs. I have not installed the kit yet, but I will most likely get close to 3 inches with the springs. You will be happier in the long run with the full kit, over the spacers in my opinion.
Unread 03-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #6
ferninaz

2012 JK Wrangler 

Format for asking what lift you should get
1.2 Door or 4 Door?
2.Vehicle Year?
3.Do you go off roading?
What type of offroading?
-Rocks
-Mud
-Sand
-Prerunner desert racing
-Dirt roads (backroads)
4.What size tires would you like to run?
5.What size wheels would you like to run?
6.Will you be regearing?
7.Do you care about your comfort when on the road?
ferninaz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2014, 09:25 AM   #7
ROCKR8R
2008 JK Wrangler 

Seems like a lot of misinformation here. Budget boosts do not ride bad. In fact, it will ride close to OEM, except of course the roll centers will change, but that is with any lift. You still gain ground clearance with a budget boost if you throw on bigger tires.

On the flip side, most aftermarket suspension will ride a bit more stiff than OEM as they are typically stiffer springs to accommodate more weight. Typically, most of us want a stiffer ride. Not that we want it to beat our kidneys down, but a bit more spirited. If ride comfort is truly your intention and you spend 99% on road, then the budget boost will probably ride more comfortably. The soft OEM springs will soak up bumps in the road. An actual spring lift will handle better but you will feel more bumps and what not in the road, it will also gain suspension travel and be able to support weight of steel bumpers and armor.

There are spacer leveling kits and lift kits also spring leveling kits and lift kits. It is really up to you what your end goal is.

PM me if you have any more questions and to talk about options.

-Dan
ROCKR8R is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2014, 09:46 AM   #8
tyvanwie
1998 TJ Wrangler 

I had a 2" skyjacker bb on my JKU and loved it.

I'm pretty sure I know what I'm talking about. I think...
tyvanwie is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2014, 10:20 AM   #9
RedRubiconLJ
Web Wheeler

2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by A321jr View Post
I am trying to make a decision on installing a leveling kit or suspension kit on my 2014 Rubicon. I only want to go 2 to 2.5" that's all. Anyone know which would give me the better ride?
This is my opinion, that is all.

If you want that much lift then do it with aftermarket springs. Those springs with appropriate shocks will give a better ride and handling. Why? because these springs will support the weight of aftermarket bumpers much better than stock, IMO along with the added wieght of larger tires.

All the factory stuff is designed to work with a factory stock vehicle. Stock bumper weights, stock wheel tire size and weight etc....You start changing parts and that messes up what the factory did.
34" Toyo AT2's

Sold 2005 Red Rubi Unlimited
Jeep Pics

2004 TJ sold
1993 YJ sold
RedRubiconLJ is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.