Let's see your lights! - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Let's see your lights!

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-roadRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!

Unread 07-30-2009, 12:35 PM   #76
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

I am just wondering if anywhere along the way you thought to yourself..."I have enough lights."? I mean dang...well...you missed a few spots just so you know. The top of your windshield could use another bar. The top of the tube on your bumper could use one as could the sides. You might be able to fit more under the bumper and fenders. Heck the side of your windshield at this point couldn't hurt either. Turn your black JK into one big white glowstick.

Vertisce is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 12:49 PM   #77
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vertisce View Post
I am just wondering if anywhere along the way you thought to yourself..."I have enough lights."?
Nope. The thought never crossed my mind. Sure I have enough. I also probably will never need 100 feet of synthetic winchline, or the fire extinguisher in the back. Shoot, for that matter, the seatcovers were a waste too. Good golly, come to think of it, this vehicle was absolutely 100% capable of doing exactly what I needed it to do, right off the lot-- and I mean that truthfully.

Darn aftermarket.

ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 01:17 PM   #78
nwjkrubi
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
Nope. The thought never crossed my mind. Sure I have enough. I also probably will never need 100 feet of synthetic winchline, or the fire extinguisher in the back. Shoot, for that matter, the seatcovers were a waste too. Good golly, come to think of it, this vehicle was absolutely 100% capable of doing exactly what I needed it to do, right off the lot-- and I mean that truthfully.

Darn aftermarket.

QFT. Great vehicles off the lot but us little boys (and a few girls) are like kids in the candy store when we see those new products. I don't really have anything that I absolutely won't need but for almost all of what I do the mods are overkill. Nice to know they are there when I need them and also been real fun buying and building it up.
nwjkrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 01:22 PM   #79
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

Amen

I'm admittedly a serious mod-a-holic. Many of you have seen pics of some of my past rides, but MOST of the mods I do are far from necessary I'm just a sucker.
Unread 07-30-2009, 01:39 PM   #80
JkRyder
2008 JK Wrangler 

i dont know if that post of if you have enough lights was kiind of a poke at his jeep? or no... but who cares regardless, its his jeep, his money, and his preferance. I think that jeep kicks a** and can only hope my jeep looks like that one day..! to you mr ge2
JkRyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 01:52 PM   #81
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

Nah im just poking fun. Way more lights than I would ever want but somebody has to do it.
Unread 07-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #82
nwjkrubi
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JkRyder View Post
i dont know if that post of if you have enough lights was kiind of a poke at his jeep? or no... but who cares regardless, its his jeep, his money, and his preferance. I think that jeep kicks a** and can only hope my jeep looks like that one day..! to you mr ge2
Agreed. Nice ride all the way around. If you get on fire roads at night there is no such thing as too much light.
nwjkrubi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 02:51 PM   #83
ChicagoGuy
formerly VetteDriver

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
MOST of the mods I do are far from necessary
My problem living near him is I do get to that point where I say to myself "Self, you have finally done enough. Go take a break, since your work is done" and then GE2 drives by and I feel incomplete as a man...

Unread 07-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #84
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

LOL-- turkey.
Unread 07-31-2009, 03:51 AM   #85
Hilldweller
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Here is how the Jeep looks right now, light wise:
Are you still required to notify NORAD when you light them all up so they don't launch a Patriot Missile at you? Or have they fitted you with a Lojac to keep track of you?

Here's mine so far; I aspire to emulate my role model, ge2 but have a stricter wife:

Security is mostly a superstition. It does not exist in nature, nor do the children of men as a whole experience it. Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure, or nothing.- Helen Keller
Hilldweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2009, 08:03 AM   #86
edwin907

Here is my setup. moved the windshield lights to the bumper (and added a third one).

edwin907 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:06 AM   #87
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

NORAD is number 3 on my speed dial

Edwin-- that looks fantastic. I love the yellow.
Unread 07-31-2009, 09:31 AM   #88
JIMBOX
Web Wheeler
2008 JK Wrangler 

I've got ENOUGH lights

Eight in front

Quote:
Four in back

Quote:
JIMBO
JIMBOX is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-31-2009, 11:26 AM   #89
Vertisce
2007 JK Wrangler 

No specs in your sig yet Edwin? Those ARE 35's on 17's right?
Unread 07-31-2009, 10:10 PM   #90
Enforcicon
2007 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avian View Post
Thats why I moved my driving lights from the windshield to my bumper. Great amount of light being generated, but the beam pattern was just too wide (beam would dissipate at about 300ft).
I made the same mistake. Did you have to completely rewire the windshield lights or did you just swap in the new ones into the existing wire harness?
255/75R17 Goodyear Wrangler SR-A's on 17" Rubi Wheels, 4.10 Gears/Tow Package, 6" KC Slim Lights w/ Windshield Mount, Rugged Ridge Tubular Side Steps, Rugged Ridge Headlight and Tail Light Gaurds, Brushed Aluminum Grill Inserts, Cool Tech Switch Panel, CB Radio w/ 4ft FireStik
Someday: Shrockworks Bumpers Front and Rear, 2-3 inch lift, Winch, etc...
Enforcicon is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.