Let's see your lights! - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Let's see your lights!

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comExtremeTerrain GROUP BUY: Barricade Rear Bumpers/Tire Carr*VOTE NOW Help Metalcloak Giveaway an XJ Suspension*

Unread 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #61
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LJdriver View Post
Hi i was thinking about getting windshield lights for my LJ. do you like yours?
Who, me?

With the 130w driving beams up there, I thought they were decent. But the wide beam really glared back off and mud or water on the hood. But once I put the tight 150w long range beams up there, I loved them.

Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Avian is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #62
wiant
2008 JK Wrangler 

Avian. Thanks for the the 3 picture progression of how you aligned the lights. Two weeks ago I took a trip to Utah for a week of skiing. The trip out through Wyoming took me through a ridiculous snow storm, and the stock lights did not help me in the driving snow.

I'm going to be looking into some setup as soon as I have some cash!
wiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-11-2009, 05:40 PM   #63
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiant View Post
Avian. Thanks for the the 3 picture progression of how you aligned the lights. Two weeks ago I took a trip to Utah for a week of skiing. The trip out through Wyoming took me through a ridiculous snow storm, and the stock lights did not help me in the driving snow.

I'm going to be looking into some setup as soon as I have some cash!
Snow is kinda hard to see through period. Even as low as my hellas are mounted and aimed, they still glare back rather harshly in heavy snow. I usually just run my factory low beams in the stuff.

While reading up on another site, I read that a deep blue light filter works well with piercing falling snow. Havent tried it though.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Unread 02-14-2009, 12:34 PM   #64
4whelin
2008 JK Wrangler 

Here is my rock lights just installed

2008 JK Sahara 4dr. Wangler, Red Rock, Crystal Pearl, BFG M/T 35" w/ Pro Comp 7069 wheels, V-6 with Auto tranny, 3.5" Rubicon Express lift, 3 way hard top, My Gig system (to cool), 40 ch. Cobra CB, Xenon flat fenders, 12k Mile Marker winch, Tatrum LED rock lights, Front/Rear Smittybilt XRC bumpers.
River Raider rock sliders.
"you're not a serial killer till you get caught"
4whelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-14-2009, 05:29 PM   #65
richnev
2012 JK Wrangler 

For the fog lights can you really tell a difference between if you are running white or yellow?

Also another question I am going to be putting some lights on the windshield any thoughts on the spot vs wide spread lights?

ARMY TEAM MEMBER #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ge2 View Post
I just make a BOOP BEEP sound with my mouth (really loud) as I walk away from the jeep, and point the key at it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by her94yj View Post
lets put it a way a kids will relate......its like a hooker.......... SURE a 15 dollar handy from a detroit toothless 60 year old can get it done....... but NO where is it as nice as the $5000 an hour goddess from vegas or hollywood

....... dont be that fat guy on the beach in the speedo you dont want to be "that guy"
richnev is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-15-2009, 09:03 AM   #66
Avian
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by richnev View Post
For the fog lights can you really tell a difference between if you are running white or yellow?

Also another question I am going to be putting some lights on the windshield any thoughts on the spot vs wide spread lights?

Yes. In heavy fog the yellow appears to cut through better than white. But thats because our eyes are more sensitive to white than yellow, so the reflected light from the fog doesnt seem as bad.

Go spot, period. Unless you are going to have them turned to the side and used as cornering or flood lights, go spot.
Uniden Bearcat CB/PA
Mopar bumper
Moabs/ BFG KM's
Unread 03-02-2009, 12:56 PM   #67
Rubicon2185
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiant View Post
Avian, take it easy man...your "lights are for losers butt hurt guy" comment is way off base. If you're bitter cause I offer my opinion you should take your insults else where. The difference in you lights looks incredible, but I gotta say that my stock lights illuminate as much of the road as your 6 aftermarket aux units.

SaharaBlackno1 and Oregonvette, thanks for you insight. Vette, i've never been to John Day and if you say they're needed I take your word for it. But you also say "ask the guys that run Dakar"...this is exactly what I'm talking about. Unless your running the Dakar rally in the middle of the desert, the need for aux lights is minimal.

That said, I like the fact that all of you mod your Jeeps the way you want...for regular use or cosmetic presence. I'm digging the scene, for sure, and i've only had my jeep for less than two months. I'm asking these questions cause I'm trying to figure out what the "thing" is. They don't offer the definition of a "its a jeep thing" when you take posession at the dealership.

I'm sure when I get out to Ouray for a serious ride this spring I'll start getting it.

Nice pic's for sure...i'm looking forward to getting into all of it.
i usually stay out of arguments like this but i have an 09 rubi i got about 4 weeks ago and my stock lights dont light up as much as his 6 offroad lights so there is no way yours do..physically mathmatacly all that every thing known to man goes agianst that comment "but I gotta say that my stock lights illuminate as much of the road as your 6 aftermarket aux units" more candlewatt power or lumens>than less and this is the case soo i dont knwo why your arguing this its like saying my regulation womans basketball is bigger than your regulation mens
Rubicon2185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:21 AM   #68
ten27oh4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I'm still waiting to mount my 42 inch Xmitter bar, but here is how it sits right now......

Hella 500s on the windshield
PIAA P4000 Quattros on the bumper
8 inch Xmitter HIDs on the fenders
12 inch Xmitter bar on the hoop

Couple questions:

1. I was looking at the Hella 500's on Quadratec. It lists them as fog lights and driving lights. Does that mean they are adjustable?

2. The lights on the fenders are great! I love that idea. Do they interfere with the Hella's?
ten27oh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #69
Joshhamburger
1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:

How do you keep those fender lights from getting clipped off on the trail?
Joshhamburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:30 AM   #70
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

The Hella 500s were one or the other when I bought them, if I remember right. The ones I had were the driving beam. The big 8 3/4 inchers on the fenders get in the way of the spread of light a tiny bit, but I've got enough light up front to where that isn't an issue

As far as the fender lights getting hit..... I've had a few small branches rub them, but nothing major. I don't go on deeply wooded stuff very often. In fact 90%+ of the offroad stuff I do is really easy dirt and gravel roads in high desert area & hills, with little or no trees at all.

Here is how the Jeep looks right now, light wise:

ge2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #71
md41969
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
I thing you should be showing off the lights on that white Jeep in the background.
1995 Wrangler

White Jeep Club Member #81

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourbyFour View Post
"....you know what hurts the most, it's the lack of respect, that hurts the most.....and, and the the other thing hurts too, BUT not as much as the lack of respect..disgusting.."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob99 View Post
Your dog's head doesn't look like it belongs on his body. Is it an aftermarket head?
md41969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:42 AM   #72
ronjenx
Web Wheeler

2008 JK Wrangler 

I was a little embarrassed to post pics of my baby, but seeing this thread, I guess I'm not so different.

ronjenx is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 11:43 AM   #73
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

You're awesome at sarcasm.
Unread 07-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #74
ten27oh4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
The Hella 500s were one or the other when I bought them, if I remember right. The ones I had were the driving beam. The big 8 3/4 inchers on the fenders get in the way of the spread of light a tiny bit, but I've got enough light up front to where that isn't an issue

As far as the fender lights getting hit..... I've had a few small branches rub them, but nothing major. I don't go on deeply wooded stuff very often. In fact 90%+ of the offroad stuff I do is really easy dirt and gravel roads in high desert area & hills, with little or no trees at all.

Here is how the Jeep looks right now, light wise:

Are those lights you have on the windshield the Hella's? Or did you get different ones?
ten27oh4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #75
ge2
Gold Member

2007 JK Wrangler 

They are different ones. They are VisionX s6100 LEDs.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.