Let's see JK on 35's - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Let's see JK on 35's

WJ Shackle Tabs: Tow-Hook Replacements2014 Spartan Locker Special - While Supplies Last! Dana 3FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 02-21-2007, 02:34 AM   #46
kaffeene

So I guess the 7.5" is alright with a 12.5" wide tire.... Are those that are using the stock wheels with 35's just using 1.5" spacers?? Front only right?

Last edited by kaffeene; 02-21-2007 at 03:04 AM..
kaffeene is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:04 AM   #47
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

I have 1.5 spacers front and rear.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:10 AM   #48
stathunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tx-Skydiver
3" Rancho lift, 315/75R/16 Mickey T Baja Claws on ProComp Alloys

I couldn't help but to take it into the mud.
Nice ride! Looks sharp! I like the black X

2004 [B]Black X[/B] w/ RE LA 37" SSR's, etc etc [url]http://www.je-ep.com/[/url]

[COLOR="Blue"]In Michigan? Call Jim from [url]www.Jeepin-Customizing.com[/url][/COLOR]
"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
stathunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2007, 07:36 AM   #49
TexasChopper

2007 X... the spare will fit on the stock mount, and it will rest on the bumper to compensate for the extra weight. If I opened my tailgate all the time, I might consider an aftermarket. I do have to slam it, and the tire kinda rides up on the bumper

spider6..to each their own..I think the 2dr looks ridiciulous with 37's, (4dr looks great) and I can't imagine trying to drive one more than 2 miles a day...unless I were to spend 5K to re-do the entire suspension.

kaffeene.. I guess you could get away w/o the spacers on the rear, but I wouldn't if you are concerned at all about looks. Go back intot this thread and look at the red jeep posted...I don't think they have spacers on it all. I have seen a few others w/o and they really look dumb with the tires tucked in the wheel wells. Just putting the spacers on w/o the lift/tires made a huge improvement. I would like to actually see some 2-2 1/4 inch spacers, but I'm not sure if that would work from an enigineering standpoint. bottom line...do spacers front and rear
TexasChopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2007, 09:01 AM   #50
2007_X

I have heard that a 35 would fit on the stock mount, but some are saying they are begining to see some stress cracks on the tailgate. Any input? I will use the tailgate from time to time, so I plan to eventually change the rear monut set up eventually. Just kinda expensive with ordering wheels and tires and the lift to get here just before the Jeep does! Thanks for the help Tex.

Also, do you mind adding some pics of yours with the spare mounted as well as a side and front shot to help see the set up?

Th anks
"WHAT THE [email]F@#$?...BIG[/email] GREEN TRUCK!"
USAF FUELS!!!![/CENTER]
2007_X is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-21-2007, 10:41 AM   #51
TexasChopper

well if it cracks, it cracks, I'm not going to worry about too much. I think the bumper is doing a good of bracing it, other then only about an inch or 2 is being braced. to give you an idea of how tight it fits, when I close my tailgate it rubs, and you can hear the rubber on plastic sound pretty good. It's definity a lot more weight though.

here are few pics.

Unread 02-21-2007, 10:44 AM   #52
TexasChopper

also depending on the tires you go with, the fitmeit could be a tad different. I have some pretty tall lugs on my Kumho's...If you went with a All Terrain it could fit a bit looser

Unread 02-21-2007, 10:51 AM   #53
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

My 35 with stock wheel does not fit on my stock carrier. I will be making a mount to change how it fits.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 08:30 AM   #54
2007_X

I think Quadratec has one for the JK for around $250 or so. Not too pricy!
USAF FUELS!!!![/CENTER]
Unread 02-22-2007, 10:56 AM   #55
brundz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

how do those 6 speeds drive those 35's on the highway with stock gearing? i know my yj can barely hold 70 on 33's. but if the jk can comfortably do 75 and if need be 80 on 35's with stock gearing i'm probably gonna get one

jeeps r sweet
brundz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 12:55 PM   #56
TexasChopper

I can run 80 no problem. (in 6th gear) it does wander a tad and the several times I have had it on the hwy I found myself holding on to the wheel. the biggest thing I have noticed is if the road is not real smooth it will wander around. (atlanta roads suck) if there is a dip or something it wants to take off in that direction. I have an aftermarket steering stabilizer coming, and I have not done the alignment yet...I'm sure that will help out.
Unread 02-22-2007, 01:54 PM   #57
boidy7

Just thought I'd throw in how confused I am by all this spacers and lifts and what not...I wish I knew the stuff you guys knew so I could actually contribute to some of these posts! Until then all the JK's I 've seen look AWESOME. lift, no lift, tires, no tires they all look really good to me.
boidy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-22-2007, 02:24 PM   #58
brundz
1997 TJ Wrangler 

cool. texas chopper...yours is exactly what i'd have minus the sahara edition. i'd be getting an x because i'll i want is the 4.10 axle ratio and tracloc. both of which i can get individually. i might spring for the power package too but i dunno yet. (i'm obviously gonna have to order mine ) but it'll be goin up 3.5 via skyjacker and gettin 35's

jeeps r sweet
brundz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-23-2007, 10:17 AM   #59
2007_X

Mine is on order and is in the process of being built as we speak. Stone White with 4.10 gears and soft top. I am ordering the 35x12.50's on 16" wheels. Probably going with a simple 2.5" lift to start with, but I hear quadratec has a Rubicon Express flex lift for the JK now online. So who know's!
USAF FUELS!!!![/CENTER]
Unread 02-28-2007, 12:33 PM   #60
stathunter

Does anyone have other pics? 35's look sweet on JK's!

2004 [B]Black X[/B] w/ RE LA 37" SSR's, etc etc [url]http://www.je-ep.com/[/url]

[COLOR="Blue"]In Michigan? Call Jim from [url]www.Jeepin-Customizing.com[/url][/COLOR]
"Do or do not, there is no try" Yoda
stathunter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.