Let's see JK on 35's - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > Let's see JK on 35's

Huge Soft top SaleSYE Kits from CCOR! 706-207-4140SALE PRICING, Specials, Huge Savings Alloy USA and Posi-Lo

Unread 02-16-2007, 12:04 PM   #16
JeepTransformer
2001 XJ Cherokee 

that looks soo goofy

brraaap
JeepTransformer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2007, 12:46 PM   #17
TexasChopper

Quote:
Originally Posted by boidy7
Tex Chop gotta say I love the tires AND i'm digging the "de-badged" look. my question is what would you say the ratio of street and off road for you will be? I want some tires like that but I drive 100 miles a day for work and don't want to get anything that wears on the street quickly

I will not be going off road at all. I am a mall crusier????? Is that what you guys call it???

as far as wear...My first set of these so hard to say, but the offroad place I bought them had an H2 over there with 20K miles and it was about time for new ones. Being as the JK weighs way less I would say the wear should be pretty good.

they do hum a bit though
TexasChopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2007, 01:15 PM   #18
boidy7

mall cruiser! thanks for the info, i appreciate it!
boidy7 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-16-2007, 06:55 PM   #19
JKingIT

I checked with my tire dealer and they would not put those tires on a 7.5" rim stock wheel. They told me that it will pop the bead at some point and is unsafe as the 7.5" is to narrow for 12.50". I have the same setup with the 18's I was told to buy a wider wheel to run 12.50 tire. So what's up?
JKingIT is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2007, 07:20 AM   #20
TexasChopper

let me start by saying I am not a tire/wheel engineer... but i have not heard about anyone having problems, and I know there are a bunch of people with 12.5's on stock wheels. the shop that mounted mine said nothing about this, and they have been around a long time and mounted many a wheel/tire. if you trust the shop that is telling you this, then heed their advice
TexasChopper is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2007, 09:49 PM   #21
JKingIT

I would ask your tire dealer about it again and maybe get a few other opinions. I know you already did it but I would hate to see something go amuck while your driving. I talked to the Jeep dealer in Scottsdale and Discount tire and Desert Rat all said no way. I would have loved to do that to mine too but I can't risk it after that.

I would like to hear from the other bunch of folks you mention that is running 12.50 on 7.5" rims, your Jeep looks cool but it's not cool to be unsafe or start hearing about mishaps while were driving. I will end up going with some 17x9's which will handle the 12.50's with out problems.

Good luck and just do a double check to be on the safe side.

Cheers!
Unread 02-17-2007, 09:53 PM   #22
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKingIT
I checked with my tire dealer and they would not put those tires on a 7.5" rim stock wheel. They told me that it will pop the bead at some point and is unsafe as the 7.5" is to narrow for 12.50". I have the same setup with the 18's I was told to buy a wider wheel to run 12.50 tire. So what's up?
Find another tire dealer, they are stupid idiots. 7.5 wheel is just fine for 12.5 tire. I ran a 7" with a 35x12.5 on my TJ. The narrower rim actually stops you from blowing a bead.

[Jeep Pics
igofshn is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2007, 09:54 PM   #23
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Here is mine on 35x12.5/17 on stock rims with 2.5 skyjacker lift.
tn_hpim1742.jpg   tn_hpim1741.jpg   tn_hpim1743.jpg  

[Jeep Pics
Unread 02-17-2007, 09:56 PM   #24
JKingIT

Just wondering who/what tire dealers are you guys using? it looks great! how long they been on?
Unread 02-17-2007, 10:14 PM   #25
igofshn
Locked @ both ends

Today. Jeep is less than 2 weeks old. I did the lift yesterday and got the tires today.

[Jeep Pics
Unread 02-17-2007, 10:33 PM   #26
Bamoman
2007 JK Wrangler 

i priced out the 35 18s at around 1100 for a set, then a tire pakage of MT beadlock 17x9 rims and 315 70r17 (34.4s) MT MTZs for $1579 at des rat.
and those are mounted and balanced, just put them on......so for the extra bucks i would go that route and have a full set of tires and rims to sell to re-coup some cost instaed of just tires.....what ya think?

Bamo
Bamoman is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-17-2007, 10:34 PM   #27
JKingIT

Quote:
Find another tire dealer, they are stupid idiots. 7.5 wheel is just fine for 12.5 tire. I ran a 7" with a 35x12.5 on my TJ. The narrower rim actually stops you from blowing a bead.

It's hard to think all those guys are wrong, we know they can be mounted...but....hey if it's really safe and works over time I would love to save the price of new wheels as I like the 18" stock. I'm sure there is a spec. for that 7.5 wheel these guys are looking at. Why would they say no when it would be fine? Weird!
Unread 02-17-2007, 11:04 PM   #28
Laxstar46

it really is amazing how a bigger set of tires and changing that funky front bumper really changes teh Jk's look tremendously. I'm not a big fan of stock looks but with a new bumper and bigger tires they look pretty friggin sweet. But i'm going to wait for a year for the 08 or 09 and hope for a v8 or a CRD. Just bought an 07 Ram 2500 CTD six speed quad cab short bed. So i'm not too keen on buying another new vehicle right away so i'll be content to wait. Lovin the power of that CTD tho.
Laxstar46 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2007, 03:59 AM   #29
h20squirter
2012 JK Wrangler 

here's mine

Here is my X, it has a 2.5" Skyjakcer lift on it, 315/70R17 Mickey Thompson Baja MTZ tires, and Pro Comp Wheels.

h20squirter is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-18-2007, 08:51 AM   #30
Pags54

You know I was a hater when the JK first came out. I've had a YJ and now a 2000 TJ on 35s. But seeing these 2 doors on 35s and with the soft top is damn nice. I'm really starting to dig these things....Lets see, wonder what I would get for a trade in? Thanks for the photos.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.