LED lights on undercarriage..... Thoughts? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > LED lights on undercarriage..... Thoughts?

TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGNitro Gear Packages Now Available at Rockridge 4wdNEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 09-20-2012, 01:38 PM   #1
JeepinTopless
2009 JK Wrangler 

LED lights on undercarriage..... Thoughts?

Thinking of installing LED's on the undercarriage for night runs and stuff and was looking for imput on what the forum thinks about that? Have any of you done this and if so how did it turn out?

Also if there is a preference between the LED strips or individual lights and how they were mounted.

IF you have any pics please throw those up as well!

JeepinTopless is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 06:51 AM   #2
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell me her gonna lower too!! There....that's my opinion but its your ride.
Unread 09-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #3
toxikmo
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Do a search.for rocklights
toxikmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

There was somone on here that did it and it turned out pretty sweet. Let me see if I can find the picture.
maniacal_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 07:16 AM   #5
maniacal_rick
2012 JK Wrangler 

Here ya go. Check out VooDooJK's build.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...-build-831887/

Post #480
maniacal_rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-21-2012, 07:23 AM   #6
JeepinTopless
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro3000 View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell me her gonna lower too!! There....that's my opinion but its your ride.
Considering I just lifted it 2 weeks ago, no not lowering it. I share in your opinion just wanted to see what I am running over at night at the deer lease.
Unread 09-21-2012, 07:25 AM   #7
Jeffro3000
2010 JK Wrangler 

sorry it was early and all i could picture were those neon color lights. I apoligize for being an ***
Unread 09-21-2012, 05:21 PM   #8
8000ft
2009 JK Wrangler 

I did mine with 16 feet of 5050SMD waterproof LED strip and yes they are the color changing type. When I'm crawling at night I leave them white but it is fun to switch them to green or red or blue when I roll into camp so I am not overpowering the camp fire. The best is the price, about 35$ on Amazon.
8000ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:58 AM   #9
ozjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

This is a cool idea. Seems like it would be pretty easy as well. I may take your idea, and have a buddy who is a wiz at wiring help me do it. I'd also like to have an LED light inside of my storage deal behind my back seat. It's dark in there at night!
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:52 PM   #10
JeepinTopless
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffro3000 View Post
sorry it was early and all i could picture were those neon color lights. I apoligize for being an ***
No appolgies needed> I am right there with you on the neon thing! Its all good bud.

Unread 09-22-2012, 12:56 PM   #11
JeepinTopless
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjeep View Post
This is a cool idea. Seems like it would be pretty easy as well. I may take your idea, and have a buddy who is a wiz at wiring help me do it. I'd also like to have an LED light inside of my storage deal behind my back seat. It's dark in there at night!
I just bought a 2 pack of 8" white LED's for Advance auto parts yesterday for $15. They have 3M tape on the back and I plan to spilce into the door lights and mount under the dash so when I open the doors there is light at my feet. This may be exactly what you are looking for and good and cheap.

Just an idea.
Unread 09-22-2012, 12:59 PM   #12
JeepinTopless
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8000ft View Post
I did mine with 16 feet of 5050SMD waterproof LED strip and yes they are the color changing type. When I'm crawling at night I leave them white but it is fun to switch them to green or red or blue when I roll into camp so I am not overpowering the camp fire. The best is the price, about 35$ on Amazon.
I'll check them out on Amazon. I did find some that I liked on VisionX's website. The Tantrums. Saw them on a guys jeep the other night at a meetup and they were pretty sharp. Of course he had them dancing all around and the strobe function working, but when they were just on flood they were good and bright and threw quite a bit of light on the ground.
Unread 09-22-2012, 01:11 PM   #13
ozjeep
2011 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepinTopless View Post
I just bought a 2 pack of 8" white LED's for Advance auto parts yesterday for $15. They have 3M tape on the back and I plan to spilce into the door lights and mount under the dash so when I open the doors there is light at my feet. This may be exactly what you are looking for and good and cheap.

Just an idea.
That seems like it would work, if I can figure out how to wire them. I'm not a genius when it comes to wiring..
Unread 09-22-2012, 05:02 PM   #14
JeepinTopless
2009 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozjeep View Post
That seems like it would work, if I can figure out how to wire them. I'm not a genius when it comes to wiring..
If I am not mistaken it is the Yellow wire with the white tracer in the wireing loom on the door. The good way is to strip back and solder it. The not so clean way is to get the wire splices and just tap right into the hot side and run the ground side to the nearest screw or bolt. I will try to get some pics when I do mine and post them up here.

Tags
led

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.