JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   JK Wrangler Technical Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/)
-   -   LED lights on undercarriage..... Thoughts? (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/led-lights-undercarriage-thoughts-1419362/)

JeepinTopless 09-20-2012 01:38 PM

LED lights on undercarriage..... Thoughts?
 
Thinking of installing LED's on the undercarriage for night runs and stuff and was looking for imput on what the forum thinks about that? Have any of you done this and if so how did it turn out?

Also if there is a preference between the LED strips or individual lights and how they were mounted.

IF you have any pics please throw those up as well!

Jeffro3000 09-21-2012 06:51 AM

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell me her gonna lower too!! There....that's my opinion but its your ride.:thumbdown:

toxikmo 09-21-2012 07:02 AM

Do a search.for rocklights

maniacal_rick 09-21-2012 07:03 AM

There was somone on here that did it and it turned out pretty sweet. Let me see if I can find the picture.

maniacal_rick 09-21-2012 07:16 AM

Here ya go. Check out VooDooJK's build.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/b...-build-831887/

Post #480

JeepinTopless 09-21-2012 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro3000 (Post 14197749)
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! Don't tell me her gonna lower too!! There....that's my opinion but its your ride.:thumbdown:

Considering I just lifted it 2 weeks ago, no not lowering it. I share in your opinion just wanted to see what I am running over at night at the deer lease.

Jeffro3000 09-21-2012 07:25 AM

sorry it was early and all i could picture were those neon color lights. I apoligize for being an ***

8000ft 09-21-2012 05:21 PM

I did mine with 16 feet of 5050SMD waterproof LED strip and yes they are the color changing type. When I'm crawling at night I leave them white but it is fun to switch them to green or red or blue when I roll into camp so I am not overpowering the camp fire. The best is the price, about 35$ on Amazon.

ozjeep 09-22-2012 12:58 AM

This is a cool idea. Seems like it would be pretty easy as well. I may take your idea, and have a buddy who is a wiz at wiring help me do it. I'd also like to have an LED light inside of my storage deal behind my back seat. It's dark in there at night!

JeepinTopless 09-22-2012 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeffro3000 (Post 14197885)
sorry it was early and all i could picture were those neon color lights. I apoligize for being an ***

No appolgies needed> I am right there with you on the neon thing! Its all good bud.

:cheers2:

JeepinTopless 09-22-2012 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozjeep (Post 14201740)
This is a cool idea. Seems like it would be pretty easy as well. I may take your idea, and have a buddy who is a wiz at wiring help me do it. I'd also like to have an LED light inside of my storage deal behind my back seat. It's dark in there at night!

I just bought a 2 pack of 8" white LED's for Advance auto parts yesterday for $15. They have 3M tape on the back and I plan to spilce into the door lights and mount under the dash so when I open the doors there is light at my feet. This may be exactly what you are looking for and good and cheap.

Just an idea.

JeepinTopless 09-22-2012 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 8000ft (Post 14200226)
I did mine with 16 feet of 5050SMD waterproof LED strip and yes they are the color changing type. When I'm crawling at night I leave them white but it is fun to switch them to green or red or blue when I roll into camp so I am not overpowering the camp fire. The best is the price, about 35$ on Amazon.

I'll check them out on Amazon. I did find some that I liked on VisionX's website. The Tantrums. Saw them on a guys jeep the other night at a meetup and they were pretty sharp. Of course he had them dancing all around and the strobe function working, but when they were just on flood they were good and bright and threw quite a bit of light on the ground.

ozjeep 09-22-2012 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeepinTopless (Post 14202963)
I just bought a 2 pack of 8" white LED's for Advance auto parts yesterday for $15. They have 3M tape on the back and I plan to spilce into the door lights and mount under the dash so when I open the doors there is light at my feet. This may be exactly what you are looking for and good and cheap.

Just an idea.

That seems like it would work, if I can figure out how to wire them. I'm not a genius when it comes to wiring..

JeepinTopless 09-22-2012 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ozjeep (Post 14203020)
That seems like it would work, if I can figure out how to wire them. I'm not a genius when it comes to wiring..

If I am not mistaken it is the Yellow wire with the white tracer in the wireing loom on the door. The good way is to strip back and solder it. The not so clean way is to get the wire splices and just tap right into the hot side and run the ground side to the nearest screw or bolt. I will try to get some pics when I do mine and post them up here.


The time now is 08:16 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.