LED lighting - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
Sign Up   Today's Posts
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > LED lighting

Dana 30 Truss for your TJ, LJ, ZJ, and XJFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Reply
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:01 PM   #61
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit
 
spyder6's Avatar
2010  
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Louisville, KY
Posts: 12,044
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222
Why would the sPOD help? I’m not saying it wouldn’t I just want to know why/how; I like to learn new things.
The isolation, also it's assuming you're using the SPOD to ground as well, not using a common like the frame.

Grounding through the SPOD sends the RF interference into the battery where it's buffered out

__________________
2010 Magnetic Toyota 4Runner Trail Teams

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 04:34 PM   #62
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?
 
Tanimal's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmobull View Post
These lights were not much cheaper than Rigid Duallys. And he did say that there is a filter built in to mitigate interference. But since his last correspondence was over 10 days ago I'm guessing I'll just have to live with it. I may just use these as rear lighting and get Duallys up front. Lesson learned I guess.
Just for reference I run one of the Olympus pod lights in the rear of my Jeep and am still getting FM radio interference.
__________________
-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY JK BUILD THREAD-=-

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:27 AM   #63
Cosmobull
Registered User
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmobull

These lights were not much cheaper than Rigid Duallys. And he did say that there is a filter built in to mitigate interference. But since his last correspondence was over 10 days ago I'm guessing I'll just have to live with it. I may just use these as rear lighting and get Duallys up front. Lesson learned I guess.
Olympus did finally get back to me (almost like they're on this forum. He told me to return the lights and he will get a new pair sent out as well as test these to see what the problem is. Hopefully the new set will fix the problem...
Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-27-2013, 01:43 AM   #64
1222
Make mine a Jeep!
 
1222's Avatar
2012 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Henderson, Nevada
Posts: 11,690
Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
The isolation, also it's assuming you're using the SPOD to ground as well, not using a common like the frame.

Grounding through the SPOD sends the RF interference into the battery where it's buffered out
Well thatís good news. I just finished installing an sPOD under both front seats last night an ran the negative cable to both of them directly from the batter. It was a lot more work do it that way but just figured it was also the best way; glad I did now.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-22-2014, 01:59 PM   #65
mikem1965
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: rocky point, ny
Posts: 1
My son got me a nice LED Bar and it does have a built in filter Yet my 2005 f350 diesel Dually gets the same interference and the lights are grounded to Both Batteries and the power feeds off the built in upfitter switch's from the factory. I did some research and have found that almost all vehicles that have a CAN-BUSS are suseptible to the interference. The problem is how the drivers Pulse the led's to get max output from them. Now for the Good news it cost less than $10 to solve this problem. I got 2 Ferrite Clamp or some people call them Ferrite Choke off e-bay and installed them using a double loop on both the 12vdc and the Ground wires as close as I could to the light. This will remove most if not all the RF noise /interference from you vehicle electrical/ can-buss system. I now can get all stations and have NO problems. I hope this helps.
mikem1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2014, 06:19 PM   #66
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?
 
Tanimal's Avatar
2008 JK Wrangler 
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bartlett, IL
Posts: 1,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikem1965 View Post
My son got me a nice LED Bar and it does have a built in filter Yet my 2005 f350 diesel Dually gets the same interference and the lights are grounded to Both Batteries and the power feeds off the built in upfitter switch's from the factory. I did some research and have found that almost all vehicles that have a CAN-BUSS are suseptible to the interference. The problem is how the drivers Pulse the led's to get max output from them. Now for the Good news it cost less than $10 to solve this problem. I got 2 Ferrite Clamp or some people call them Ferrite Choke off e-bay and installed them using a double loop on both the 12vdc and the Ground wires as close as I could to the light. This will remove most if not all the RF noise /interference from you vehicle electrical/ can-buss system. I now can get all stations and have NO problems. I hope this helps.
to the forum and thanks!
__________________
-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY JK BUILD THREAD-=-

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote




Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.