LED lighting - Page 4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > LED lighting

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valuePremium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGRugged Ridge 8500lb Winch w/ Steel Cable $294.99 Shipped O

Unread 11-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #46
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 09:26 AM   #47
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

People are really sending hate messages? lol

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-12-2013, 10:23 PM   #48
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

What's up Tanimal? Going wheeling soon? T4T at badlands or the T4T Chicago event? I can't wait. And yes, I have gotten many of messages about stupid stuff. Just unreal how people who don't even know you or anything about lights, or probably anything more than playing Candy Crush on their phone trying to talk crap to me. LOL Whatever, pathetic. LOL
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-19-2013, 10:47 PM   #49
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmobull
Well I finally installed the Olympus LEDs. Very bright but cause terrible radio static. I grounded them to the frame and the battery itself and no change. Any suggestions?
Just an update-

I contacted Olympic Offroad about the radio interference, and they responded it was most likely a ground. I told them I took each light separately and grounded it to the battery, frame, and at a grounding strap. All locations had the same interference regardless of which light. ( I thought maybe one light was bad). They responded for me to double check my grounds, make sure the one on the frame was clean. I did with the same results. I responded that I have done every wiring scenario that I could and the lights were either defective and need to be replaced or that's the way they are and ill have to live with it. I'm still waiting for a response...
Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:34 AM   #50
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmobull View Post
Just an update-

I contacted Olympic Offroad about the radio interference, and they responded it was most likely a ground. I told them I took each light separately and grounded it to the battery, frame, and at a grounding strap. All locations had the same interference regardless of which light. ( I thought maybe one light was bad). They responded for me to double check my grounds, make sure the one on the frame was clean. I did with the same results. I responded that I have done every wiring scenario that I could and the lights were either defective and need to be replaced or that's the way they are and ill have to live with it. I'm still waiting for a response...
Your problem is the lights themselves. Some LED light brands do not offer any EMI mitigation as a form of saving cost, thus keeping their selling price down. Electromagnetic Interference caused by your lights will likely not go away regardless of how you wire them, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 10:25 AM   #51
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

You get what you pay for

Unread 11-25-2013, 07:09 PM   #52
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
You get what you pay for
True but there are other light manufacturers out there that don't cut corners and still have reasonably priced lights.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 07:23 PM   #53
mda0303
2012 JK Wrangler 

Would a different control system like an spod fix this? Or is it strictly the light itself?
mda0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-25-2013, 08:14 PM   #54
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos14 View Post
True but there are other light manufacturers out there that don't cut corners and still have reasonably priced lights.
thats true, but you cant fish at the bottom of the barrel hoping to get something decent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mda0303 View Post
Would a different control system like an spod fix this? Or is it strictly the light itself?
a spod would help, but you still have frequency interference. there isnt anyway around it unless you eliminate it all together

Unread 11-26-2013, 12:32 AM   #55
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6 View Post
...a spod would help, but you still have frequency interference. there isnt anyway around it unless you eliminate it all together
Why would the sPOD help? Iím not saying it wouldnít I just want to know why/how; I like to learn new things.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:14 AM   #56
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder6
You get what you pay for
These lights were not much cheaper than Rigid Duallys. And he did say that there is a filter built in to mitigate interference. But since his last correspondence was over 10 days ago I'm guessing I'll just have to live with it. I may just use these as rear lighting and get Duallys up front. Lesson learned I guess.
Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #57
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

I love the look and functionality of LED aux lighting, but the cost can be an issue. We carry Rigid which most people would agree is the top of the line in LED lighting. They are really
and will survive anything you can throw at them.

That's not to say that other, less pricey brands won't. Lifetime LED is a great brand as well. They offer a Lifetime Warranty on their products and share some of the same styling of the Rigid.

You can't go wrong with a quality product that carries a solid warranty.

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:14 PM   #58
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by XTRyan View Post
...We carry Rigid which most people would agree is the top of the line in LED lighting...
-Ryan
I think Baja Designs is equally as good if not a tad better. You canít go wrong with either one though and the pricing of both is comparable too.
Unread 11-26-2013, 01:35 PM   #59
XTRyan
ExtremeTerrain.com

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222 View Post
I think Baja Designs is equally as good if not a tad better. You canít go wrong with either one though and the pricing of both is comparable too.
You're absolutely correct. Baja Designs makes a great product. In the end it comes down to personal preference of style and design, as well as what fits into your budget!

-Ryan
EARN UP TO $200 TOWARD YOUR NEXT PURCHASE!
PM me for our JeepForum Discount Code (must have 25 posts) or Price-Matching!
GET YOUR FREE JEEP PARTS CATALOG!
XTRyan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-26-2013, 02:03 PM   #60
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Yeah itís too bad that both Rigid and Baja Designs costs so much; I think I have more money into my LEDs (BD) than what I paid for in the suspension lift for my Jeep. I still havenít even seen how theyíll perform yet (roof rack not finished) but hoping for the best.

The one complaint that I have with the BD light bars are that the wires come out the end of their bars instead of the rear like the Rigid ones. Even so, it still didnít detour me from choosing Baja Designs over Rigid. Itís a hard choice to be sure.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.