LED lighting - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > LED lighting

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectSavvy Aluminum Gas Tank Skid

Unread 08-26-2013, 06:40 PM   #16
spyder6
Got that Toyota chit

My other suggestion would be to mount a pod style light in the wheel well in such a way that it illuminates infront/behind the tire with intensity and then supplement with lower output lights in other areas that don't require as much light.

For example, mount a dually from the forward side of the shock tower aimed 1 foot infront of the tire path. If you were to used the diffused lens you could achieve all the navigational points you need, with an output strong enough for you to use from the drivers seat.

My builds: Bruiser and The Grey

|Forge Overland| or follow us on Facebook
spyder6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2013, 09:38 AM   #17
David_M

2013 JK Wrangler 

Originally that was my plan as well. Another JK in club did something very similar to what you described with a pod style LED in mounted in the fender well. The problem he faced was that when the tire is stuffed to full bump, it blocked the lions share of the light. I guess that could be supplemented with others but kinda defeats the purpose IMO. The best set ups I've seen have 8 lights. One in front and one behind each wheel. They really don't need to be that bright if properly located.
Unread 09-03-2013, 11:09 AM   #18
AppleDevKevinG
2013 JK Wrangler 

AppleDevKevinG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-03-2013, 01:33 PM   #19
AppleDevKevinG
2013 JK Wrangler 

I have a 17" pro series light bar from Olympus Offroad and I could not be happier with it! It makes driving at night an absolute blast! I actually look forward to driving at night just so I can use my light bar! lol Olympus Offroad has great customer service and even better products! Shoot them an email, you will not be disappointed!
Unread 11-04-2013, 10:15 PM   #20
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDevKevinG
I have a 17" pro series light bar from Olympus Offroad and I could not be happier with it! It makes driving at night an absolute blast! I actually look forward to driving at night just so I can use my light bar! lol Olympus Offroad has great customer service and even better products! Shoot them an email, you will not be disappointed!
Not sure about Olympus Offroad. Bought a pair of Dually look a likes for $136 shipped, they came direct from China and they look like ones on EBay for about half what I paid. These didn't even come with a wire harness or switch so by the time it's all said and done I will only save about $30 over the Duallys.
Cosmobull is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:21 AM   #21
AppleDevKevinG
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmobull View Post
Not sure about Olympus Offroad. Bought a pair of Dually look a likes for $136 shipped, they came direct from China and they look like ones on EBay for about half what I paid. These didn't even come with a wire harness or switch so by the time it's all said and done I will only save about $30 over the Duallys.
Olympus Offroad is probably one of the better companies to work with (and my personal favorite) they have a lifetime warranty on their lights and if you do a search on them and find anything about a faulty light or anything, you see that is has taken care of right away and everybody is happy with them. I had an issue with one of the Axle shafts I ordered, Olympus corrected the issue within an hour of my receiving the shaft. I have yet to find another company that cares about it's customers as much as Olympus. They do a lot of business all over the place. They also own their own facilities and have employees overseas. They are in the process of moving and building a large shop in the South Denver area and will go back to shipping more locally once it is done. As far as the wiring, they have harnesses listed with all their light for $10. If you bought the dually style lights then you also got 8 covers and a set of rock lights with them, that's a deal if you ask me. Rigid is great but would have been about $90 more than Olympus after shipping, and they don't include lens covers or rock lights. Olympus stands behind thir stuff and will take care of you. I know they have a brand new style light bar they just released called the "flat line". I saw some pictures and a it is an amazing light for how small it is. Yes they build their lights overseas… but come on… who doesn’t… Blackbox Seward Phish… they are all resellers.. They don’t actually build their lights or have invested interest in the facility making them. Olympus Does and backs them 100%... You really think they could back them with a lifetime warranty if they didn’t? Olympus continues to develop more products and partner with more companies (ex. Liquid image). Just yesterday I installed one of their neon green winch lines, I love it! I have not had any issues with any of their products and will be ordering a 50" bar this week.

-Kevin
Unread 11-05-2013, 10:39 AM   #22
jkmax
2011 JK Wrangler 

Check out BMF led lighting
jkmax is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 11:01 AM   #23
AppleDevKevinG
2013 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmax View Post
Check out BMF led lighting
I just went to their site, the first thing I noticed how high their prices are. A 50" bar from them is $800, I could get the same bar from Olympus for $525 and it has Olympus' lifetime warranty.
Unread 11-05-2013, 06:59 PM   #24
houndman72

2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDevKevinG View Post
I just went to their site, the first thing I noticed how high their prices are. A 50" bar from them is $800, I could get the same bar from Olympus for $525 and it has Olympus' lifetime warranty.

I seen the BMF site, and I'm not sure what to make of it. No specs at all of the lights or products they are selling, they say it's a sale and most of those prices are very high to me. Nothing about a warranty, or really anything. I'm not knocking any company at all here.

Now turning over to Olympus Offroad, I have made several purchases thru them, and will continue to. Their site is very informative, explains the rating and lumen numbers, voltage ratings and needs. Great pictures and awesome selection of many types/styles of lights to fit every need or of fun offroading adventures! The lifetime warranty is a great seller to me and I cannot be more than pleased with what lights I have bought from them. Had the RIGID stuff, will never again. These lights from Olympus are brighter and do I even mention the price difference??? OMG HUGE... Can practically get 2 for the price of 1. Now come on, that's called extra dollars in my pocket to buy all the other things I plan to have on my jeep.

Not trying to warrant any heated discussion here or argument, but giving my honest opinion from what I see and have actually dealt with, and I have dealt with many of different companies. Simply said, I will return to Olympus Offroad for all of my jeeps build needs. Customer service is outstanding and bang for the buck on the products and warranty, I don't see anyone even coming close to matching that.
Rock krawler Stock Mod 2.5, Bilstein 5100 series shocks, Mamba M5 18" rims, 285/65/18 Nitto Trail Grappler tires, Body Armor Front bumper w/winch and LOTS of LED lights all over the place for blinding oncomers! LOL
houndman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-05-2013, 09:22 PM   #25
Tanimal
Why are you reading this?

2008 JK Wrangler 

Going to have to chime in and say Olympus is top notch. I run their pillar lights and love them.

-=-CLICK HERE FOR MY XJ BUILD THREAD-=-

Learning as I go and it's worth every penny!
Tanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:50 AM   #26
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AppleDevKevinG

Olympus Offroad is probably one of the better companies to work with (and my personal favorite) they have a lifetime warranty on their lights and if you do a search on them and find anything about a faulty light or anything, you see that is has taken care of right away and everybody is happy with them. I had an issue with one of the Axle shafts I ordered, Olympus corrected the issue within an hour of my receiving the shaft. I have yet to find another company that cares about it's customers as much as Olympus. They do a lot of business all over the place. They also own their own facilities and have employees overseas. They are in the process of moving and building a large shop in the South Denver area and will go back to shipping more locally once it is done. As far as the wiring, they have harnesses listed with all their light for $10. If you bought the dually style lights then you also got 8 covers and a set of rock lights with them, that's a deal if you ask me. Rigid is great but would have been about $90 more than Olympus after shipping, and they don't include lens covers or rock lights. Olympus stands behind thir stuff and will take care of you. I know they have a brand new style light bar they just released called the "flat line". I saw some pictures and a it is an amazing light for how small it is. Yes they build their lights overseas… but come on… who doesn’t… Blackbox Seward Phish… they are all resellers.. They don’t actually build their lights or have invested interest in the facility making them. Olympus Does and backs them 100%... You really think they could back them with a lifetime warranty if they didn’t? Olympus continues to develop more products and partner with more companies (ex. Liquid image). Just yesterday I installed one of their neon green winch lines, I love it! I have not had any issues with any of their products and will be ordering a 50" bar this week.

-Kevin
Goodness man, it was just my opinion. You didn't have to go into detail about Olympus's inner workings, I get it, you like them. I just didn't like the fact that I ordered a product from Aroura Co. and then I get a package straight from China that has an invoice in it that says the lights were $45 USD. Which I am assuming is what Olympus pays for them but as a consumer I really don't want to know that the product I just bought has a 100% mark-up. That being said I never said I didn't like the product I haven't even wired them up yet since I don't have the wire harness.
Unread 11-06-2013, 01:24 PM   #27
Psycho-X-Jeep
Free hugs <<< just ask!

2009 JK Wrangler 

The following is my opinion... I am in no way, shape or form affiliated with this company... but they sure do make a damn fine product!

Vison X has a pricepoint for pretty much every consumer. Very high end stuff... but also "base models" that dont cost an arm and a leg.
To compare models go to www.visionxusa.com/LED (pretty detailed explanation between the different models, outputs, etc.)
When ready to purchase go to www.visionxwholesale.com . They can even offer prices lower than what their website shows, and if you find a lower advertised price anywhere else, they beat it by 10%!! Just make sure you talk to a representative via instant messenger (it pops up automatically as soon as you access the websight), or give them a call and talk to them about your needs). I believe all of their lightbars come with all the necessary wiring harnesses, switches, relays, etc.
Psycho-X-Jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-06-2013, 03:02 PM   #28
mda0303
2012 JK Wrangler 

I heard good things about 'Truckaddons.com' Engo light bars

I'd like to compare those to the Olympus'
mda0303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 10:49 PM   #29
Carlos14
Afraid of the Dark

1990 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmobull View Post
Goodness man, it was just my opinion. You didn't have to go into detail about Olympus's inner workings, I get it, you like them. I just didn't like the fact that I ordered a product from Aroura Co. and then I get a package straight from China that has an invoice in it that says the lights were $45 USD. Which I am assuming is what Olympus pays for them but as a consumer I really don't want to know that the product I just bought has a 100% mark-up. That being said I never said I didn't like the product I haven't even wired them up yet since I don't have the wire harness.
your product was priced lower than what you paid to keep you from having to pay customs a fee for passage. A lot of companies over seas will down price any import in order to keep you from having to pay a duty fee. I know this because I import parts quite often. It's irrelevant to this topic however so carry on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anticanman View Post
I think you're skewing the facts. Clarity is relative. Our job is to lead people to the kingdom of heaven, not make them think they're looking at it. :D
Poison Spyder Hood Louver Install
Carlos14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-08-2013, 11:27 PM   #30
Cosmobull
2012 JK Wrangler 

Well I finally installed the Olympus LEDs. Very bright but cause terrible radio static. I grounded them to the frame and the battery itself and no change. Any suggestions?

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.