LED Fog Lights? Anyone know of any? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Wrangler Forums > JK Wrangler Technical Forum > LED Fog Lights? Anyone know of any?

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughIntroducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LinePoison Spyder JK Evap Skid

Unread 12-31-2012, 11:49 AM   #1
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

LED Fog Lights? Anyone know of any?

Anyone know of any LED Fog lights for the JK that fit in stock bumper? I have JW Speaker 8700 headlights and know they offer some fogs, but wondering if there are any others? The JWs just seem pretty pricey for the fogs compared to what you get with headlights....

Thanks in advance...

jeepl2.jpg  
GeckoFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:05 PM   #2
teamgreen666
1994 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFun
Anyone know of any LED Fog lights for the JK that fit in stock bumper? I have JW Speaker 8700 headlights and know they offer some fogs, but wondering if there are any others? The JWs just seem pretty pricey for the fogs compared to what you get with headlights....

Thanks in advance...
How much did those headlights run you? Have thought about the rigid D2' s
teamgreen666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:09 PM   #3
2006_Sport
2006 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamgreen666 View Post
How much did those headlights run you? Have thought about the rigid D2' s
You don't want to know. If you thought trucklites were expensive, those are a LOT more.

x2 on D2s..

Wait why am I in JK tech?

2006 Jeep Wrangler|BDS|BFGoodrich|Uniden|Upol|HiLift|Cragar| IPF|Alpine|JKS|PoisonSpyder|Truck-lite|Aussie Locker|Novak|Trail Gear|Firestik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hudson View Post
There are no women on the internet either. Learn that. It's a fact.
-Zach
2006_Sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #4
Walle
Soccer Mom and Jeep Hater

2012 JK Wrangler 

BigBlue7 showed me this website. They have JW Speaker fogs and mounting brackets for them. I don't know anything about the company or their service. But it looks like you can get matching fogs!

TLG Auto
Walle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-31-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
jfive
dos heeps

2011 JK Wrangler 

I'm running the speaker fogs and they are nice. They have a very distinct cutoff like their headlights do. You won't find that with the Rigid fogs I don't believe.

Edit:
For perspective...
speakers.jpg  
'88 YJ
jfive is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 01:50 PM   #6
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Baja Designs have a kit to fit into the stock bumpers. SQUADRON JEEP JK KIT
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 02:43 PM   #7
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Also found these: Spyder FL-LED-DM05-C-WRAN @ http://www.duraflexbodykits.com/2007...html?source=tf

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]
[COLOR="White"][CENTER]Always looking for advice![/CENTER][/COLOR]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
BigBlue7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 02:53 PM   #8
442Wrangler
In like Flynn.

2008 JK Wrangler 

1998 TJ Sahara Sold
-3.25" RC spring lift, Eagle alloys 125s, 33x12.5x15 Cooper STTs, XRC8 winch with stock bumper mount

1994 YJ SE Sold
-4" RC spring lift, 33x12.5x15 Firestone M/Ts, Eagle alloys 125, and a 4 cylinder to boot

1960 Willys Wagon
-Going to be restored and painted Omaha Orange

"I would rather wake up in the middle of nowhere than in any city on earth."
-Steve McQueen

Male RN Jeep Club #1

Last edited by 442Wrangler; 01-02-2013 at 02:54 PM.. Reason: I can't read
442Wrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 03:05 PM   #9
GeckoFun
2012 JK Wrangler 

Thanks for all the info guys...much appreciated, wide range in prices so will decide which compliments the JW speakers best
GeckoFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 03:48 PM   #10
DAYJ
2013 JK Wrangler 

heres a bracket so you can mount rigid dually, or d2's

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/ri...d2-s-stainless

Utah Jeep Crew Member #47
Cheyenne Trail Junkie

ROADS!? Where we're going, we don't need roads... (Doc)
DAYJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 06:06 PM   #11
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAYJ
heres a bracket so you can mount rigid dually, or d2's

http://www.northridge4x4.com/shop/ri...d2-s-stainless
If you running D2s as fogs, your a jerk.

Rock Krawler | TeraFlex | Synergy | Fox | Poison Spyder | Genright | Nemesis | Vector | Springtail | Goodyear | MB Wheels | Tom Woods | Dirty Dog | Superchipís | sPOD | Truck-Lite | Beer

[CENTER][URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f96/big-blues-kentucky-blue-jku-build-thread-1435478/"][COLOR="Blue"][B]BIG BLUE'S "Kentucky Blue" JKU BUILD THREAD[/B][/COLOR][/URL][/CENTER]

[COLOR="Blue"][B][CENTER][SIZE="2"]Looking to buy any JK Rubicon transfer case, except from a 12-14 auto.[/SIZE][/CENTER][/B][/COLOR]
Unread 01-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #12
Make mine a Jeep!

2012 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlue7 View Post
If you running D2s as fogs, your a jerk.
Not necessarily. For instance, I for one would only run my fogs for off roading only. Thatís what I have done in the past as it would light up the nearby terrain to the sides and front of my Jeep that I would otherwise have trouble seeing.

Just because someone chooses to run LEDs in place of factory fogs doesnít mean they are going to have them on while on the road. Sure, there will be a few exceptions but doesnít mean everybody will.
1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-02-2013, 08:43 PM   #13
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1222

Not necessarily. For instance, I for one would only run my fogs for off roading only. That’s what I have done in the past as it would light up the nearby terrain to the sides and front of my Jeep that I would otherwise have trouble seeing.

Just because someone chooses to run LEDs in place of factory fogs doesn’t mean they are going to have them on while on the road. Sure, there will be a few exceptions but doesn’t mean everybody will.
To clarify, I meant if you use them as replacement fog lights, for on-road driving, then you are a jerk. Of course there's nothing wrong with using them off-road.

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:45 PM   #14
BigBlue7
2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeckoFun
Thanks for all the info guys...much appreciated, wide range in prices so will decide which compliments the JW speakers best
The JW fogs will compliment your headlights best, at least in appearance. TLG sells the bracket for this as well. ANC they claim it works with the stock bumper.

Unread 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM   #15
Shabbernigdo

vision x led fog replacements
Shabbernigdo is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.